Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: KORY LICHTENSTEIGER ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT

TK

One of my favorite all time Redskins is Jeff Bostic because he was always considered too small, too unathletic, and the Redskins kept trying to replace him and yet he always rose to the top. When you think of the Hogs you think of Bostic, Grim, and Jacoby. Now, Kory never rose to that level for me, but he was the same kind of player. Too small, not strong enough, but gritty as hell and gave it everything he could. He was a tactician in a scrum of brutes. He had a better and probably much longer career than he should have and that is a huge testament to him.

Guy had heart and I thank him for that.  But this to me was good news.  It puts the press on to address the position.  I wouldn't mind seeing us go C in the first round.  That to me is the second most important position on the OL and badly has been needing to be addressed.  And if we can use a #4 on a RG, we can sure use a #17 on a C.

On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 0:53 AM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

The offensive line group just got immeasurably stronger by subtraction.

I'd like to thank him for his efforts but there's next to nothing to thank so I'll just wish him well in his future endeavours. 

Hail. 

Hello my Liverpool friend, I know Lichtensteiger wasn't the best of OL, but he played his heart out for the Redskins, if we had more players like him around these past few years we would have been a better all round team. 

HTTR 

I have to say that offensive linemen have a tough job.

The playbook mandates no screw ups, or else the QB is toast, so they face a lot of pressure mentally.   

They don't get rotated out, like most all players - no rest. Hurry up common now, tires them out as much as the D. They are huge, so their body takes quite the toll on themselves (knees etc), not to mention having to battle the DL teeing off on them pretty much every single game of their career. RBs and countless players falling on the backs of their legs. For the C's, the additional pressure of a perfect snapBending over in their stance must get old, quick.

As one of the more (most) undersized guards, you know he partook in some series battles over the years.  It seems to a good time for him to retire after battling injuries in recent years.

Archived