Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Washington Nationals: Wash, Rinse, Repeat

@DCGoldPants

1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

10-day for a lat tear? Not believing that.

The 10-day DL means he has to stay on the DL a minimum of 10 days. The other option is the 60 day DL, which removes him from 40 man roster for that duration, I believe

7 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Wonder what happened to him

His fastball is down a from a 92.7 avg to 91.4. He visibly wore down in the last two games before the 5th inning. Word has it AJ Cole is coming up...Joy!

I'm starting to get concerned about our pitching. Ross is in AAA, Gio is a ticking time bomb, Fedde just got rocked (but profiles the same as Ross right now), Voth is stuggling at AAA--6.35 ERA, 5.3 BB/9...Max, Stras, and Tanner have to carry the load. And Stras could be on the DL at any moment.

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

I'm starting to get concerned about our pitching. Ross is in AAA, Gio is a ticking time bomb, Fedde just got rocked (but profiles the same as Ross right now), Voth is stuggling at AAA--6.35 ERA, 5.3 BB/9...Max, Stras, and Tanner have to carry the load. And Stras could be on the DL at any moment.

Not saying that pitching isnt a concern, but calling out Gio when hes the 3rd best pitcher in the NL (ERA) is weird.

A.J. Cole got called up.  But he now has to serve the last 3 days of his 5 game suspension for throwing behind Pirate Jung Ho Kang in Pittsuburgh last season. 

Remember last September Kang deked out Bryce Harper at 3rd base with a fake tag, forcing him to make an awkward last-second slide and injuring his thumb.. The Nats were not pleased and it fell on Cole to send a message whistling past Kang's head.

The postscript is that in December, Kang was popped for his third DUI arrest in South Korea.  He was sentenced on March 2 to an 8-month suspended sentence.  He'll stay out of jail if he does not violate the terms of his suspended sentence.  He isn't yet back with the Pirates.  The club is working to get his work visa reinstated.

Cole wasn't exactly setting the world on fire at Syracuse - 1-1 with a 6.62 ERA in 4 starts.  Whoop-de-doo. 

1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I actually was wondering how Cole would be as a setup guy. I know we had coaches try that and ruin Fister/Detwiler. But..... those guys were starters for awhile.

Cole has a terrible time with hiding the ball. I'd never want him in high leverage situations.

6 minutes ago, queso87 said:

Ugh, why is Roark still in at 125 pitches on May 2.

Day 1 of 13 days straight with games, just sent down a starter, they want to start a bullpen pitcher this weekend, and anytime Cole starts they'll need a lot of bullpen work. 

And yes it sucks.

Archived