Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1000 receiving yards and other individual achievments

Tsailand

Let's get the main thing out of the way first: A win next week is the only stat the Redskins should be seeking.  But, just for fun...

Jackson has 971 yards; he could get to 1000 in just one catch.  Interesting fact: no rush attempts since 2014.  Perhaps he's due for an end-around...?

Garcon has 945 yards, so he needs 55 more. He has managed at least that many in ten out of fifteen games this year. 

Crowder has 831 yards after almost disappearing in December, and will be lucky to get to 900.

Kirk has 4630 passing yards, 370 short of 5000.  He has thrown for that much three times this season, and we are 1-1-1 in those three games.

R.Kelley: If we had started the best RB from week 1, he would be close to 1000 rushing yards and at 1000 combined yards by now. But we didn't and he's not.

Jordan Reed: If he'd been healthy all season... but that's never happened.

7 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Crowder is open.  Kirk wont throw to him.

I doubt it's Kirk not wanting to throw to him, but others D paying more attention to him.

Hard to see all three with more than 1000 yards. Would require a huge game from Crowder, but Garcon and DJax? More than probable.

There's a part of me that wants to see Mack Brown get some opportunities against the Giants. Both Kelley and Brown have flashed, but Brown does seem to have a bigger knack for the splash play. Kelley is amazing at breaking tackles and turning nothing into something though.

Be very cool if Garcon and Jackson got their thousand. Crowder's a long shot. Two games in a row he's all but vanished. Kind of glad to see Grant do something. Couple nice catches and the onside recovery.

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

There's a part of me that wants to see Mack Brown get some opportunities against the Giants. Both Kelley and Brown have flashed, but Brown does seem to have a bigger knack for the splash play. Kelley is amazing at breaking tackles and turning nothing into something though.

Very small sample size to be making that assessment. I wouldn't mind seeing him get some carries but Kelley consistently has proven he keeps moving forward and puts us in manageable situations. 

12 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

You think I don't know that?  I was talking about recently.  Today mainly....

Give one logical reason why one of the best QBs in the league this year, and one of the most accurate ever, would intentionally not throw to an open receiver who he has thrown to 2nd most on the team and most for TDs. I'll wait.

4 minutes ago, elkabong82 said:

Give one logical reason why one of the best QBs in the league this year, and one of the most accurate ever, would intentionally not throw to an open receiver who he has thrown to 2nd most on the team and most for TDs. I'll wait.

I don't think he meant that kirks intentionally not throwing to crowder. Some of that is probably just not seeing him open, some of it is probably his reads taking him somewhere else (like he states in most press conferences). No reason to get into an argument with vanguard about it. 

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I don't think he meant that kirks intentionally not throwing to crowder. Some of that is probably just not seeing him open, some of it is probably his reads taking him somewhere else (like he states in most press conferences). No reason to get into an argument with vanguard about it. 

But then why even log on to ES? lol

15 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Exactly.

I was not bashing Cousins.

Funny.  Thursday Night while watching the blue & green Division Game, I saw Beckham catch a slant and take off running for a Long Gain.  At the time I remember grousing "with all our talent, why don't we ever do that?" & then yesterday, Jackson has like a 55-Yarder doing exactly that.

Good stuff.  (I hope we can keep both - if only for 1 more year)

Archived