Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Last Album You Heard/Albums You Have To Hear

Spaceman Spiff

Partially inspired by the "Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs" thread and the always good "The last movie you saw...." thread, I wanted to start a discussion about music albums that you need to hear or the last good thing you heard and how you'd rate it.  There's a lot of great music knowledge on here from a lot of different posters and, quite frankly, it's better than the political stuff.  I know we've done similar threads before but I'm too lazy to find them and figured a fresh start might be nice.

Layla is an album I've always wanted to listen to but just never got around to it, so I'm thankful for that thread that popped up the other day because I finally have listened to it.  Really good stuff, something I'd certainly go back to.

So what's the last album you listened to all the way through and how would you rate it?  Or what's one album you can't live without and why?

My most recent favorite album:

blurryface_album.jpg

Twenty One Pilots

Blurryface

This band was introduced to me sometime in 2015 by some friends who swore by their music.  I heard the name and one of the songs off of Blurryface (I believe "Stressed Out") came along an Apple Music alternative playlist and I looked further into the band.

The album Blurryface recently dropped so I started at the top with "heavydirtysoul" and I was instantly hooked.  What follows is an exquisite mix of alt-pop, hip hop, synth music that goes down a deep path of self consciousness.  Still listen to the album to this day because I think it's that damn good.

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The gold standard for modern extreme Metal.  Listen to it!

It's an incredible album.

My fav album from last year, and my most listened to for 2016, is Yume from Helios. Helios is the instrumental post-rock/chill project of Keith Kenniff (Goldmund, Mint Julep, several soundtracks).

If you enjoy this type of thing, it's the best of the best.

YT: 

Spotify: 

4 hours ago, Predicto said:

21 Pilots is really good.   

I don't listen to complete albums much anymore.   I think being ****-faced and listening to the complete In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida album over and over in my youth ruined the experience for me.  

Predicto, my brother used to deliver The Washington Post in HS. He also was in the school band and played percussion and had a full drum kit. He used to come home from delivering papers, put on In-A-Gadda-David-Vida and play along. Way early in the morning! Younger brothers are a pain sometimes.

I listened to Above and Beyond presents Oceanlab's Sirens of the Sea. I listen to this album all the time.

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=_1Hu3TndneQ

I don't know hos "must hear" this is, but this is the last new thing i've heard,, found it yesterday.
Nice mix of hair band posing and punk rock snot. The first song does rock.

~Bang

And this band is also from Sweden, and i am a big fan. This track from their latest album of the same name.. "Cruel Love".
the singer is outstanding..

Roy Orbison would be proud.

From the album "Overdrive", which i think is their overall best. Tremendous range, excellent musicianship. 

Archived