Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Comprehensive NFL Draft Thread

Dukes and Skins

1 hour ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

You missed it. Something happened yesterday, then it was deleted. 

You had to be there. 

Stupid phone posting and i replied to a post from 5 days earlier. Figured I'd try to spare us the distraction lol but i was too late

I know I floated the idea around about using our 2nd round pick to take Joe Mixon, but I can't shake the feeling that he'll go in round 1.  Anyone else have the same sentiment?  He'd be a GREAT addition on Seattle, GB, or NE.  Someone willing to take a risk with a late 1st round pick....

1 hour ago, RonArtest15 said:

I know I floated the idea around about using our 2nd round pick to take Joe Mixon, but I can't shake the feeling that he'll go in round 1.  Anyone else have the same sentiment?  He'd be a GREAT addition on Seattle, GB, or NE.  Someone willing to take a risk with a late 1st round pick....

I doubt he goes that high.

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

I doubt he goes that high.

I dunno man...I know there are red flags, but a talent like that might be too hard to pass up.  I wouldn't be shocked if he had a promise somewhere in the 1st after his workouts and interviews conclude. 

1 hour ago, RonArtest15 said:

I dunno man...I know there are red flags, but a talent like that might be too hard to pass up.  I wouldn't be shocked if he had a promise somewhere in the 1st after his workouts and interviews conclude. 

I dont see 4 RBs going round one and hes 4rth at best.

1 hour ago, GothSkinsFan said:

This team does not need a media circus like Mixon would bring. 

As long as he doesn't destroy another girls face by absolutely knocking the living ****ing **** out of her, he should be fine.

If he doesn't,  the NFL will pat him on the back for turning it around. Lol

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

As long as he doesn't destroy another girls face by absolutely knocking the living ****ing **** out of her, he should be fine.

If he doesn't,  the NFL will pat him on the back for turning it around. Lol

No video is the key.

5 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Joe Mixon is a **** and we don't need ****es on our team.

Meh...he's obviously got red flags, but if he's contrite, he should get serious consideration to be drafted here.  He's got talent. 

Also, red flags haven't stopped us from pulling for Markieff Morris, right?

2 hours ago, RonArtest15 said:

Meh...he's obviously got red flags, but if he's contrite, he should get serious consideration to be drafted here.  He's got talent. 

Also, red flags haven't stopped us from pulling for Markieff Morris, right?

Who the **** is that?

If you find yourself asking "why is there a national womens day" (today) remember what some people are over looking because a guy can sports well.

47 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Who the **** is that?

If you find yourself asking "why is there a national womens day" (today) remember what some people are over looking because a guy can sports well.

He's a forward on the Wizards. 

And FWIW, I'm not one of those people questioning why we have a national women's day.  It's long overdue and well-deserved.

That being said, let's not pretend that NFL front offices care about character.  If you have talent, your red flags are tolerated.  Simple as that. 

Also, Mixon's incident, while deplorable, happened when he was 18.  If he's contrite and hopefully LEARNED from it, he's more than worthy of a 2nd chance, IMO. 

Anyways, I'm not going to take away from the thread with the moral debate about Mixon.  I made a thread about him a few months back that I'll bump if he's picked by us. 

If he convinces the team he's sincere in his remorse and has learned from the mistake I couldn't give less of a damn about our over-sensitive society bashing us for drafting him. This line of thinking is the same reason ex-cons can rarely turn their lives around and find work after being released from prison because society shames them. I love how quickly people jump to shouting "**** Joe Mixon" though. I forgot all of you are perfect humans and made no mistakes in your 20s. I'm not even huge on Joe Mixon either, but this judgmental bs tilts me.  

The point I don't agree with is using a 1st rounder on him. 2nd round at the highest for him, IMO. 

7 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

If he convinces the team he's sincere in his remorse and has learned from the mistake I couldn't give less of a damn about our over-sensitive society bashing us for drafting him. This line of thinking is the same reason ex-cons can rarely turn their lives around and find work after being released from prison because society shames them. I love how quickly people jump to shouting "**** Joe Mixon" though. I forgot all of you are perfect humans and made no mistakes in your 20s. I'm not even huge on Joe Mixon either, but this judgmental bs tilts me.  

The point I don't agree with is using a 1st rounder on him. 2nd round at the highest for him, IMO. 

Irrespective of any views on Mixon,  a male beating on a female isn't a 'mistake.' 

Whatever the age. 

Hail. 

I like the idea of Qualls, Ogunjobi, or DJ Jones as a mid round Nose Tackle selection. DJ Jones would be a huge grab if he actually lasts until the 7th round like some are projecting. 

Qualls playing primarily EDGE in the bowl game shows his crazy athleticism. Developing guys like that who have the versatility to stay on the field all 3 downs is what I want from our nose. 

4 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Irrespective of any views on Mixon,  a male beating on a female isn't a 'mistake.' 

Whatever the age. 

Hail. 

I believe there's a difference between beating and striking someone. He didn't exactly hit her, then continued to hit her and slapped her around. She jumped up in his face and he hit her and left. 

He made a mistake. 

22 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

I never broke a girl's face and then ran away in my 20s.  He's a coward and I have no sympathy for him or interest in seeing him on my team.

I don't know, maybe you're just fine with what he did or don't care because he runs fast.

16 minutes ago, DM72 said:

I believe there's a difference between beating and striking someone. He didn't exactly hit her, then continued to hit her and slapped her around. She jumped up in his face and he hit her and left. 

He made a mistake. 

You raise your fists to a female that's not a 'mistake.' Let's stop making B/S excuses for what he did. 

Now, if you want to say, outside of a parking violation, he's been squeaky clean the last three years that's another thing again. 

But let's not condone what he did. He wallops her (didn't 'exactly hit her' indeed) that hard he left her with several broken bones in her face/ nose. There's NO excuse for that. No 'self-defence.' No 'provocation.' No 'immature mistake.' NONE. This is a 225 LB FAR stronger male punching a female. 

You can continue to try all you want but NOTHING you can spin will excuse or condone that. 

Hail. 

Archived