Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Skins in London - Q&A/Advice Thread & SATURDAY OFFICIAL PUB FAN RALLY

Sherlock Holmes

1 hour ago, Burgold4life said:

It's a shame the venue is way too small. Many fans leaving unhappy due to being unable to penetrate the mob a solid hour before the start. Disapointing.

We got there an hour and a half early and it was still a mob.  We luckily made it in still though.

This was an hour after the rally started:

LondonRally_zpsno1yctq6.jpg

Just now, Synergist said:

Wow showed up at like 330 and you couldn't even get in.  The line built up at least 300 people in line to get in..  Sadly had to miss it cause never would have got in.  I really really WANT one of those rally towels!!!  Guess I'll look on eBay! :(

I've got an extra towel if you're interested.

Place was a mad house. Queued our way into the joint after awhile. Unfortunately we got there around 5pm-ish and it was apparent that whatever semblance of order there had been was well gone. 

I was hoping to find an ES section and talk football. In my mind I envisioned a registry where ES folks would sign-in to mark the journey. Still got my free beer tho.

GHH eluded me once again. @Gibbs Hog Heaven -- I still have your present. If you want to meet up at the game I'll PM you our section and seats. 

Special thanks to the very nice couple who gave me their remembrance pin right off their own jacket. Great gesture and I'm very thankful. I literally couldn't find any yesterday, I asked where I could buy one and the guy gave me his. I hope I get to see you again so that I can properly re-pay you.

Oh, I have a spare ticket. Naturally I would hope to get face value for it, but I'm just tried of unsuccessfully not being able to sell it. It's a single seat, club section 229, Row 4, and it's an aisle seat. I'll hang out around the West gate tomorrow and try to scalp it, if someone here wants it, just PM me and we'll meet up.  

14 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

Special thanks to the very nice couple who gave me their remembrance pin right off their own jacket. Great gesture and I'm very thankful. I literally couldn't find any yesterday, I asked where I could buy one and the guy gave me his. I hope I get to see you again so that I can properly re-pay you.

Came across a proper Brit fellow, and I admired his awesome Redskins scarf.  Dude took it off and gave it to me and wouldn't take it back.  Feeling the love.  Would love to repay as well.

Currently in the Parish just down the High Street from Wembley Park for anyone interested. Nice little boozer nobody ever seems to come in that's pretty quiet now and comfortable.

So weird this. Seen L'pool 22 times at Wembley. COMPLETELY different experience this. Used to lads stood around drinking cans on Wembley way looking dead moody planning on how they're gonna' bunk in. All these different teams mixing and being friendly ..... WTF is that all about? Lol.

GO THE MF REDSKINS.

Hail.

Utterly narked off.

Hopkins miss and piss poor officiating against a dirty Bengal outfit would be bad enough, but that would just be excusing the inability to finish, AGAIN!, by an offence that completely dominated. It's interesting watching a game live from above to see the amount of wide open guys Kirk overlooks. Particularly the red zone. At least two walk in TDs left on the field. Neglecting Crowder on the Davis 3rd down that lead the FG first half was particularly galling. Dominate a game to such an extent you should be looking at 40 points or so. 

Frustrating if enjoyable experience.  

Hail. 

Feel your pain GHH. Haven't watched the replay yet but feel like we were robbed. And where the hell did all those Bengals fans come from???!!! I thought we would be in the majority but it was just like a home-game for them. (Yeah I know it was on paper but I genuinely thought we would out-number them).

43 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

And where the hell did all those Bengals fans come from???!!! I thought we would be in the majority but it was just like a home-game for them. (Yeah I know it was on paper but I genuinely thought we would out-number them).

Really? I felt like we easily outnumbered them. Definitely louder anyway. Might have been the section I was in but there was definitely a heavier Redskins presence. 

1 hour ago, NattyBo said:

The Bengals fans sounded louder on TV, but several people on Twitter said that Wembley was pumping in fake crowd noise. No idea if that's true or false.

Nah. But they do encourage the neutrals, and they're naturally many of them watching live regular season football for the first time, to support the home team. They do everything possible by decking out the stadium in home team colours/ putting up announcements to be quite when they are on offense and loud when the visiting team, in this case the Redskins, are on O etc. They even gave everyone a ****e plastic Bengals flag to wave that was attached to every seat. 

DEFO loud in the section we were in (534) for the Redskins. And the Bengals too to be fair. Good split. I was convinced Mark the Homer was on my row but then when he kept going for beer I convinced myself it wasn't him haha. But there was a good few American accents around me. Who presumably got the tickets from the same agency my friend Stateaside did ours.

Largest ever Wembley attendance for one of these too which was nice being this was the 18th I think?

Hail. 

I've been to a fair number of different games over the years (soccer, NFL, rugby) although not at the new Wembley to be fair, but the difference between the Bengals fans and ours was like night and day. Things like on third down or the touchdowns the cheering for the Bengals was intense, but for us it sounded like a handful of fans in an empty stadium. Interesting point about fake noise though, because visually I saw as many Skins fan as Bengals.

There were a couple of loud Redskins sections but we were well-outnumbered in ours. Cheered with the handful of Skins when we could of course!

20 hours ago, Synergist said:

I was in 227 and my section was LOADED with Skins fans,  We sang Hail to the Redskins after ever score...  We were certainly the majority around my sections...  Still thought,  what a weird feeling after the game..  I just felt... BLAH..

Going to talk to one of my neutral friends who was there to get his view but we were in 226 and couldn't hear anyone singing Hail to the Redskins. That place must have really weird acoustics, or maybe thinking on it, the way the crowd screamed every time they showed a Bengals player on the big screen it was all fake after all.

Thanks for trying to get the crowd going, and to whoever started the "Defence" chant on third down in our part of the stadium in the 4th quarter. I felt it was just me cheering until that point.

Archived