Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Skins in London - Q&A/Advice Thread & SATURDAY OFFICIAL PUB FAN RALLY

Sherlock Holmes

Ok! Managed to get a hold of the two spares I was after from a mate Stateside! :815:

Latest London weekend sorted. Croydon beer festival at Norwood Junction the Sat'day that goes on until 5. Roll (literally after an afternoon on various real ales haha) from there into Sellhurst to watch Jurgens mighty Reds take another giant step toward #19 Sat'day teatime. Then out probably around Edgware the evening as I'm staying over a friends there. Over to Anfield South and the Redskins Sunday. :beavisnbutthead:

Hail. 

I also managed to get the ticket I was looking for. Got two mates coming from the States for the game as well so should be a good weekend. 

Cheers for the info on the beer festival Gibbs, we may well check that out as well. As far as the title of the thread goes, has there actually been any consensus about a meeting place/pub on the Saturday or are people just going to be doing their own things until the Sunday?

On a side note, also heading to LA next week so thinking about catching a Rams game so I can check out the Coliseum, anyone been there before? Is it worth going to?

On 9/25/2016 at 3:20 PM, SalisburySkinsfan said:

Not to a negative nancy, but does anyone know the security situation for the game? Specially for the activities outside the stadium. I'm sure there will be a fair amount of security on hand, but Europe has been susceptible to attacks. Hopefully I'm just over thinking things, which is not uncommon 

I will allay your fears. The UK hasn't had a major terrorist attack since the 7-7 bombings. Our counter-terrorism is the best in Europe by a mile and the Metropolitan Police have got everything in hand. I understand your concerns, but there is nothing to worry about in truth. Mainland Europe is very different to the UK. Being an island has it's advantages.

I was at the Colts Jags game yesterday and the security was fantastic. We know how to do it here mate.

10 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I will allay your fears. The UK hasn't had a major terrorist attack since the 7-7 bombings. Our counter-terrorism is the best in Europe by a mile and the Metropolitan Police have got everything in hand. I understand your concerns, but there is nothing to worry about in truth. Mainland Europe is very different to the UK. Being an island has it's advantages.

I was at the Colts Jags game yesterday and the security was fantastic. We know how to do it here mate.

thank you sir!

On 10/3/2016 at 8:15 AM, Sherlock Holmes said:

Seconded. The UK has the best intelligence and security service in the world.

Happy to have found this thread...  I'm coming in Thursday morning into LHR,  Staying down at the Marriott on Park lane,  I was just going to do UBER but would love to experience the underground as well.   Planing to do the British Museum on thursday and hit the Sunken Cities exhibit which I hear is killer.  Trying to figure out what to do Fri and Saturday...  I want to hit some Pubs,  but what else should be on the list ?

Tickets for me and my wife are in 227 Row 12....  

-Jason

On 10/12/2016 at 6:09 AM, Marlin02 said:

Another question. Where do we celebrate the victory after the game?

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only skins fan who wants to recap the game, watch the later games and maybe even stay up for the Eagles vs Cowboys game?

Hail!

I suggest here - http://www.sportsbarandgrill.co.uk/locations/marylebone/

I went for a beer there after the Colts/Jags game and it was absolutely buzzing and they actually cater for NFL fans, opening the entire downstairs with RedZone and the two games broadcast by Sky Sports (the UK carrier of the NFL).

It is situated at Marylebone Station, which is a ten minute train from 'Wembley Stadium' overground (this is situated the opposite side of the stadium to Wembley Park Tube Station). The train from Wembley Stadium Overground is a little known gem which gets you back into Central London far quicker than the tube.

2 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I suggest here - http://www.sportsbarandgrill.co.uk/locations/marylebone/

I went for a beer there after the Colts/Jags game and it was absolutely buzzing and they actually cater for NFL fans, opening the entire downstairs with RedZone and the two games broadcast by Sky Sports (the UK carrier of the NFL).

It is situated at Marylebone Station, which is a ten minute train from 'Wembley Stadium' overground (this is situated the opposite side of the stadium to Wembley Park Tube Station). The train from Wembley Stadium Overground is a little known gem which gets you back into Central London far quicker than the tube.

This x1000!!!

This is where all Redskins fans should head after, very close to Wembley if you take the right mode of transport after the game and they will be ready for NFL fans. Just make sure you do your research. If you follow the wrong crowd you will be in a very long line for the tube.

Get the overground and head to this bar. Trust me.

2 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Where can we meet up, before the game, near the stadium?   According to our game tickets, we're supposed to use entrance "P" to enter the stadium. 

There's some bars if yo take the tube, come out of the station and turn right. First class sports bar and some nearby. Also plenty of bookies if you fancy a flutter. 

2 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

What are some essentials we should bring to London?  Should i exchange funds once i get to the airport?  What's the weather like so faR??

As far as funds, we bought some pounds, and Euros, (doing Dublin the week before), from our bank, BOA.   We didn't get very much cash, something like 235 GBP and 175 Euros.   We got a good exchange rate.   I was told to request small denominations, so that's what we ordered.   Since it was under $1,000.00, so  they charged us $7.00 for the entire transaction.   I read that the exchange rate at the airport blows.  

23 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

What are some essentials we should bring to London?  Should i exchange funds once i get to the airport?  What's the weather like so faR??

Weather's been fairly good recently, although it's just started to get a bit cooler. Today was about 16c (61f).

It's London, so bring something waterproof 'cos you know it's going rain :).

1 hour ago, London Kev said:

Weather's been fairly good recently, although it's just started to get a bit cooler. Today was about 16c (61f).

It's London, so bring something waterproof 'cos you know it's going rain :).

i just bought a rain jacket and i got my waterproof shoes! i guess its going to be a hoodie each day type of weather over there.  

Archived