Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Supreme Court, and abortion.

Larry

4 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

It doesn’t matter if they vote for it directly. We’ve seen several instances across the states where the public has voted for something like marijuana and the republicans refused to do as the voters wanted. It’ll take a change in leadership. 

That was my point, about "indirectly"  

If Team Red won't allow the voters to legalize abortion, then they'll just have to vote Team Red out of power. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, dfitzo53 said:

"kept fetuses in her home" is not a phrase that should ever have to see print. 

The problem isn't that it's in print.  

It's that it's in reality.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Texas professors sue to fail students who seek abortions

A pair of Texas professors figured out that their female students have sex and, boy, they do not like it. So now the philosophy professor and finance professor are suing for the right to punish their students who, outside of class, have abortions.

"Pregnancy is not a disease, and elective abortions are not 'health care,'" University of Texas at Austin professor Daniel Bonevac sneers in a federal court filing with professor John Hatfield. Instead, Bonevac writes, because pregnancy is the result of "voluntary and consensual sexual intercourse," students should not be allowed time off to get abortions. If the students disobey and miss class for abortion care, the filing continues, the professors should be allowed to flunk students. Additionally, Bonevac asserts that he has a right to refuse to employ a teaching assistant who has had an abortion, calling such women "criminals."

Click on the link for the full article

But how would they know what procedure the students are having done?  Are the professors planning to violate HIPPAA to find out?  I guess they are saying since they think abortions are not healthcare they have a right to know about it.  But it's not up to the professors to determine what is healthcare, so I suppose the courts will rule on this.  In Texas, I wouldn't have high hopes they'll rule against the professors.

8 hours ago, China said:

But how would they know what procedure the students are having done?  Are the professors planning to violate HIPPAA to find out?  I guess they are saying since they think abortions are not healthcare they have a right to know about it.  But it's not up to the professors to determine what is healthcare, so I suppose the courts will rule on this.  In Texas, I wouldn't have high hopes they'll rule against the professors.

The mistake you’re making is believing that there is some logical argument here that eventually led to believing filing a law suite was a good idea

what really happened is they wanted to file a law suite to further restrict abortion or punish people harsher as a deterrence, and somehow wound up writing this stuff down and it was the best they could come up with