Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Brexit Thread

No Excuses

10 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

Over his head...

That’s an understatement. WTF

Looks like he retracted after backlash:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2018/11/07/why-is-frances-macron-honoring-nazi-collaborator/

You probably don’t want to be on the same side as Jean Marie Le Pen when it comes to Nazis.

Edited by No Excuses

On 11/8/2018 at 9:12 PM, No Excuses said:

That’s an understatement. WTF

Looks like he retracted after backlash:

6b568be762f5fefb59bb2b525c494290.jpg

He got in 2001 a DEA (philosophy diploma) about Machiavelli (evil teacher) :806:

macron_marche_arriere-96c50.jpg

Edited by FrFan

3 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Anyone care to provide a summary for those of us that don't comprende the British vernacular or their insane ****ization of proper democracy?

*glances at newspaper*

I withdraw my criticism of other country's democracies.  

The Prime Minister finally has negotiated a final version of the agreement that withdraws the UK from the EU and sets the future relationship between the two. But the Brexit faction of the Tories hates it because they basically promised that the final agreement would be complete independence from the EU instead of what is likely to be dependence on EU rules on pretty much everything. It's very possible that the agreement might not pass Parliament because of this, which would raise the probability of a Hard Brexit, i.e. a complete break with the EU on Brexit Day 2019 and a probable economic and political catastrophe.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, FanboyOf91 said:

The Prime Minister finally has negotiated a final version of the agreement that withdraws the UK from the EU and sets the future relationship between the two. But the Brexit faction of the Tories hates it because they basically promised that the final agreement would be complete independence from the EU instead of what is likely to be dependence on EU rules on pretty much everything. It's very possible that the agreement might not pass Parliament because of this, which would raise the probability of a Hard Brexit, i.e. a complete break with the EU on Brexit Day 2019 and a probable economic and political catastrophe.

Has the Northern Ireland mess been sorted out?

My understanding is that Northern Ireland doesn't want hard border with the Republic of Ireland, and neither the UK nor NI want any type of border (customs or otherwise) between NI and the UK.   But yet, without either of those, how the heck is the UK supposed to separate itself from the EU given that Republic of Ireland is in the EU? 

Here’s how I see it playing out:

1. No one on the “hard Brexit” Tory side will have the guts to go through with a complete fracture from the EU. This person will go down in history as the loon who oversaw major economic and social catastrophe.

2. A soft Brexit won’t happen without support from the hardliners.

The end result IMO will be another referendum, which will strike down Brexit. The hardliners will cry foul but save face in the long run.

Leave voter cries on radio show, regretting his vote:

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/leave-voter-cries-apologises-for-brexit/

Needs to be another referendum, especially since the first one involved blatant lies and likely deceit on behalf of the Leave campaign. 

Edited by No Excuses

14 minutes ago, bearrock said:

What is it that the hardliners are criticizing May over?  That she didn't get a clean break from EU with all of the economic benefits with none of the obligations?  Why would EU agree to that under any circumstances?

The hardliners know they sold a crock of **** to the public that could never have been delivered.

None of them want to own this mess at the end of the day. They will also likely wait for a second referendum and cry foul when voters sensibly strike down Brexit.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Has the Northern Ireland mess been sorted out?

My understanding is that Northern Ireland doesn't want hard border with the Republic of Ireland, and neither the UK nor NI want any type of border (customs or otherwise) between NI and the UK.   But yet, without either of those, how the heck is the UK supposed to separate itself from the EU given that Republic of Ireland is in the EU? 

My understanding is that they've concealed the backstop under a mountain of legalese in order to sneak it past the Brexiteers.