Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Brexit Thread

No Excuses

On 7/14/2018 at 3:41 PM, FanboyOf91 said:
Yikes!

UK divides parliament into constituencies, just like the US has districts, so national polls don't translate well.   If the Labor votes are packed into the urban areas where they get like 80%, while the Conservatives get 51% majorities in the more sparsely populated constituencies, the Conservatives can get more seats despite being less popular overall (sound familiar :-)  

So I haven't been following this as closely as I should (distracted by our own trainwreck here) and I don't exactly know who all the players are but...........this seems like it is going very badly.  Like potentially worse than the issues we have here badly.

Yes/No?

2 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

So I haven't been following this as closely as I should (distracted by our own trainwreck here) and I don't exactly know who all the players are but...........this seems like it is going very badly.  Like potentially worse than the issues we have here badly.

Yes/No?

giphy.gif

Even the hardline Brexiteers are moving funds and investments to Ireland so they still have access to the EU.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jul/22/jacob-rees-mogg-second-irish-fund-scm

And this tweet just about sums up the stupidity of it all

At least one man is happy.

FiBnMQ4.jpg

MFGA!

21 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Yes/No?

Basically, their level of discourse...

...is closer to a civil war than ours.

• Sad 1