Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who's your favorite Batman!

Burgold

Who's your favorite Batman?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your favorite Batman

Anyone that tries to make the claim that Keaton was a better Batman/Bruce Wayne than Bale is, is nuts.  It's not even close.  Mr. Mom is not Batman/Bruce Wayne.  Period!  

And that's not knocking Keaton in any way, but he is just not believable as Bruce Wayne.  And it's a stretch to be believable in the suit too.  I'm almost 41 years old, so I grew up with Keaton as the first actor as Batman as far as movies go.

I will even say that after Bale, my boy Val Kilmer would be the next best choice as far as portraying both Batman/Wayne.  Granted, he got sucked into ****ty writing/scripts.  But he fits both personas.  

For me, whomever portrays Batman has to also pull off Wayne as well, Bale did that.  Keaton did not and Kilmer could have in his prime, with a better script/writing.

However, given that Conroy is only voice acting, id have to say the best Batman is Bale from Batman Begins specifically, His voice is perfect here, not exaggerated like TDK or TDKR. It's disguised but menacing..scary a bit which plays into the fear and Batman as fear theme of the movie.

He is built like a tank in this movie too and brings a physicality to the role that was missing in his sequels. Some of my favorite Batman moments are from this movie such as when he strings Flass upside down to interrogate him and growls "swear to me!"

Agree with you that there's a lot more of Batman in that film than in the predecessors. (Which, IMO, really starred the villains.)

And I agree with you that I liked the notion if Bale having to alter his Bruce Wayne lifestyle, because of Batman.  It made it like like Bruce Wayne is Batman's cover identity, so to speak. 

Next thread: "Which Bond is the best Bond?"

My vote is for Sean Conerrey.

It's actually George Lazenby.

As far as Batman goes:

1. Conroy

2. Bale

3. West

4. Keaton

Batman the animated series is the best adaptation I've seen. The Bale movies though were all really good. Despite the lame digital Batvoice.

Conroy for me, no question. I was a kid in the 90's and loved The Animated Series. Then to have Conroy voice Batman in the Arkham games? Brilliant.

Plus he's back for The Killing Joke, so he wins.

I don't care if Conroy only voice-acted Batman. He gave more emotion to that role than anybody else. Conroy as Batman and Mark Hamill as Joker are the best pairing in Bat-history.

Conroy for me, no question. I was a kid in the 90's and loved The Animated Series. Then to have Conroy voice Batman in the Arkham games? Brilliant.

Plus he's back for The Killing Joke, so he wins.

I don't care if Conroy only voice-acted Batman. He gave more emotion to that role than anybody else. Conroy as Batman and Mark Hamill as Joker are the best pairing in Bat-history.

Agree 100%. Big part of what made the Arkham games so special was having that classic pairing

Batman TAS is just great, no doubt about it.

Can't get past Bale's Batman voice, its too distracting. His Batman physically fits the part but I don't get the sense that he's the World's Greatest Detective, seems to rely on Alfred and Fox too much. (and Fox makes his gadgets+suit) 

The Dark Knight is my favorite Batman film though. 

Archived