Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #REDSKINS ANNOUNCE 2016 SCHEDULE

TK

The NFL is putting the ****ing screws to us, in that regard.

I'm pretty sure the Colts fans and players feel even worse for having to play in London then play the very next week end.

Honestly, I don't care much about schedule release and it being tough or whatever... SoS? That's just bull****.

What is the chance of the Panthers redoing a 15-1 run next year? close to none. They're gonna lose 2/3 more games than last year, at least.

I read here and there that the Eagles are contending again in our division. Seriously? With a new HC and probably a new QB I can't see them above 8-8 at best. Cards? They're a hot/cold team. Just like the Steelers. It seriously depends on when you take them.

Also, injuries will be a huge part of this, as always.

Now when I'm looking at a schedule, finally, the most interesting part is not to look at ours schedule. It's to check our opponents' and see if they're pleased to meet us when they do.

Examples:

Bengals:

Week 8 in London. Not really a home game for the Bengals. They're a good team, but there's always room to beat them (as us obviously).

Now, from week 5 to 8 they're playing:

@Dallas, @New England, vs Browns, vs Redskins in London.

Think they like that strech? And it's even worse if you think that they open up @Jets, @steelers, vs Broncos (a huge unknown this year), and vs Dolphins. It's possible they arrive at London with a 2-5 record...

Eagles:

As a division opponent we met them twice. Week 6 and 14. First game being at our home. Their schedule is supposedly one of the easiest of the league. Their bye comes in week 4, which is quite early (too early to my liking at least). So they'll be rather fresh come week 6 and playing the Lions in Week 5 with some serious option to win our home game.

But if I look at the second game, it'll be Week 14, guys will be tired with 10 games since their bye. And we'll go at their home after they successively played @Seattle, vs Green Bay, @Bengals. That's quite brutal. Not sure they really like that.

Cardinals:

They probably don't care, their bye is week 9, like us, and they meet us at their home between going @atlanta and @miami. That should be a tough game for us, if they're hot that day, but they still know that W won't come easily.

So no. I doubt those teams in our schedule really like to face us and mark the game with an easy W.

BTW, that Steelers game is a 7:10 PM kickoff (much better for us out of town season ticket holders). Glad to see the preseason home games on Friday and Sat. Looking forward to an awesome ES tailgate for the Bills game.

Hail yes!   

I'm not a big fan of night games, but the 7:10 PM kick-off makes it a lot easier to handle going to work the next day.  

We typically eschew preseason games, but might make an exception this year, given the Friday & Saturday game times.   It's also a good opportunity to try some new tailgating recipes.

Sigh....is it September yet?

As I sit here and watch the snow fly outside waiting for the predicted 8-10 inches It's a tough choice between wanting football or summer. Patience grasshopper, it will be here soon enough. But please give us Wyoming boys the well earned 3 month summers that we get.

It is.

Edit...

Well, the Redskins are only playing that Saturday because Sunday is Christmas Day. Most teams will be off that day (with the exception of four).

I guess they could've gotten one of those teams to play Monday night, but, oh well. :)

Or why not make sure the team playing Monday night are part of the teams that play on Sunday? They can do that easily. They were either ignorant, lazy or purposefully screwed us. And why have all the games on Saturday? That in itself is a stupid ****ing idea. Thank you NFL for another not well thought out decision.

This is the ranking of Strength of Schedule.  Obviously, this is just based on opponents W/L record from last year and NOT how the schedule looks-short weeks, trip to London, etc.  Find it interesting that all other NFCE teams are near the bottom.

edit

The problem with the schedule is not the teams we play. You have to play who you have to play. I really don't care how that goes. If you are a championship football team then it makes no difference. But by laying the times and places out they way they do it's puts us at a distinct disadvantage few quite a few of the games. Yes, some we have an advantage but not nearly as many as the other way, IMO.

The problem with the schedule is not the teams we play. You have to play who you have to play. I really don't care how that goes. If you are a championship football team then it makes no difference. But by laying the times and places out they way they do it's puts us at a distinct disadvantage few quite a few of the games. Yes, some we have an advantage but not nearly as many as the other way, IMO.

I agree with you.  I just posted that for information, and it's true that due to distance and time the Redskins are at a disadvantage.

Wonder when we will learn the price of each game since they are going to variable pricing this season ?

Thought the Skins indicated in a letter that all of the regular season home games were going to cost the same......they were just going to make the preseason games less expensive and then take the difference and apply that equally to all of the regular season games.

Steelers, Dallas, Giants with Odell vs Norman , then the return of the prodigal son RGIII . All four games will be big time TV contests!

This is a very hard schedule, and I'm glad we have it, because that cupcake schedule we played last year showed us nothing. We didn't win a game against a team with a winning record!

Archived