Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

About 300,000 migrants from around the globe entered Mexico with the intention of illegally crossing into the United States in the first three months of 2019, according to Mexican officials.

The country’s Interior Secretary Olga Sánchez Cordero said at a press conference on April 23 that Mexico had seen an increase in migrants from Honduras and a smaller number from Guatemala, El Salvador, and Cuba along with African and Asian nations, reported local news website Mexico News Daily.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/300000-migrants-have-entered-mexico-bound-for-the-us-in-2019-including-from-africa-asia_2894659.html

"Drag down wages"  I think the employers might have a role in dragging down wages as well.  No one is forcing them to pay seasonal immigrants lower wages.  Something tells me even if you forced them to pay minimum wages, you still aren't going to find American Citizens lining up to do these sorts of jobs.   

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/8/2019 at 10:23 PM, Cooked Crack said:

This is the pro-life party for you. 

This is is so disgusting yet so normal now. Every right winger that continues to stand support this party is a stain of dog **** on this country. 

Edited by No Excuses

3 minutes ago, visionary said:

Good Samaritans is pretty apt.  

So is the other. 

I can certainly understand their motives. And they're good motives. 

OTOH, I'm pretty sure that, to invent an analogy, if I see two fleeing bank robbers stranded by the side of the road, (getaway car broke down), and I loan them my car for their getaway, then I'm in legal trouble. 

(Although, maybe a better analogy might be, if I come across a bank robber, about to die from a bullet wound, and I apply first aid and help stop the bleeding.)