Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

33 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Im not justifying anything...

Pointing out that I accused you of trying to justify it. I didn't say you succeeded. :) 

And I'm certain there's another explanation why someone would respond to news that the Trump administration had done something petty and evil by wondering if there were some way to blame Obama and the media. 

I just can't think of one. 

It’s a fair question.  How much of it is Trump admin policy, how much of it is the system/organizations/individuals, 

how much of it is a combo or all of that unchained and encouraged since Trump came into office?  That’s why we need investigations.  

Edited by visionary
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, twa said:

Should be great theater.

This is the golden age for theater lovers. Have you seen “D.L.” yet by any chance? It’s just like Annie except that the orphan’s parents aren’t dead, they’re just Guatemalans fleeing gang violence who had their child taken from them. Oh, and instead of singing, there’s a bunch of sexual abuse. Trump supporters find it wildly entertaining.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

2 minutes ago, twa said:

I'd love to see them try to impeach him over border issues.

Should be great theater.

They aint gonna try to impeach him at all unless something so bad happens he is getting calls from the right to step down. They are politicians, and politically its suicide to impeach a president. Its all calculated. 

Regardless of what voters want, this is what they will get. 

49 minutes ago, Llevron said:

They aint gonna try to impeach him at all unless something so bad happens he is getting calls from the right to step down. They are politicians, and politically its suicide to impeach a president. Its all calculated. 

Regardless of what voters want, this is what they will get. 

I'm pretty much always in favor of impeaching....tried to get ya'll to impeach W for ages.

23 minutes ago, clietas said:

Of course this administration considered sending kids to GITMO. Surprised they haven't implemented that plan already. 

Private beach, gated community.....I'd almost be jealous.

Mexican immigration authorities said 371 people were detained Monday in what was the largest single raid so far on a migrant caravan since the groups started moving through the country last year.

The once large caravan of about 3,000 people was essentially broken up by the raid, as migrants fled into the hills, took refuge at shelters and churches or hopped passing freight trains. A brave few groups straggled along the highways, but with dozens of police and immigration checkpoints, they were bound to be caught.

Journalists from The Associated Press saw police target isolated groups at the tail end of the caravan near Pijijiapan Monday, wrestling migrants into police vehicles for transport and presumably deportation as children wailed.

https://apnews.com/4fee9cc2440b4f6a852d190ae30ba3fb