Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

11 minutes ago, Larry said:

So, the law that you were claiming Mike wanted changed, isn't a law?  

You have lost me...who is Mike and WHAT law?

NoCal?

The actual law was enforced by enforcing the courts final removal order.

there was some previous rule or policy that changed (SO) that there was no freedom from arrest after the hearing, but that is discretionary...not a law.

Edited by twa
added so

8 minutes ago, twa said:

That musta been one hell of a swerve. 

That can happen. You know, you go to Canada and you end up driving on the opposite side of the road. I won't say it ever happened to me, but it did.

edit: and before anyone points it out, yes I know that the roads are the same in Canada as they are here. I was drunk.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Nothing they did or allegedly did is deserved of the (alleged) treatment they have received.

That's not debatable.

the alleged part might be as factual as the swerve part though.

but then maybe Brits have a different definition of swerve. 

On 10/15/2019 at 11:15 AM, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I know that the roads are the same in Canada as they are here. I was drunk.

life pro-tip: when visiting a foreign country it’s important to fit in with the locals. Canada is basically a really big Wisconsin with better healthcare and worse football.

12 minutes ago, wrilbo67 said:

life pro-tip: when visiting a foreign country it’s important to fit in with the locals. Canada is basically a really big Wisconsin with better healthcare and worse football.

And comical looking money with beavers on it. You Canadian? Which state? So far I’ve been to Manitoba (which I learned is Canadian for Many Tubas) Alberto, Roberta, Quehog, and the Yucatán. Trying to get up to Pierre next year.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 2

Just now, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

And comical looking money with beavers on it. You Canadian? Which state? So far I’ve been to Manitoba (Canadian for Many Tubas) Alberto, Roberta, Quehog, and the Yucatán. Trying to get up to Pierre next year.

I’m a native Marylander who made Chicago home 10 years ago. I did live in the Detroit suburbs for a few years after college, where a trip to Canada could literally be a long lunch on a slow day at work.

4 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Spent some time there too. Hella good pizza.

as weird as this is on an NFL board, Chicago is pretty amazing when it comes to striking a balance about things to do and cost of living. It has phenomenal concerts, art, sports, shows, whatever. Also, with the exception of a few weeks ago, the Skins generally play well against the bears, so I have that too. I still remember wearing my skins sweatshirt proudly after the DeAngelo Hall 4 INT game in ~2010

• Thanks 1

On 10/16/2019 at 11:58 PM, wrilbo67 said:

I’m a native Marylander who made Chicago home 10 years ago. I did live in the Detroit suburbs for a few years after college, where a trip to Canada could literally be a long lunch on a slow day at work.

Hitting the strip clubs in Windsor?

• Haha 1