Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Barry v Haslett and Gruden vs. Shanny

Burgold

That to me is the key, The D front is basically the same as last year. Cofield didn't really play last year. Outside of the mediocre Jenkins this is the same lineup when its Golston, Baker, Hatcher playing up front (Pot-roast trading off playing time with Golston, and Pae and Francois for depth) and Keenan, Riley and Compton at MLB. And that same group all of a sudden is now the worst Redskins D front of all time-run defense? Kerrigan and Murphy used to be good at containing the edges and stopping the run. Now they stink at it? Might scheme be in play? And again that's with a ball control offense that was top 10 on that front leading into this game that keeps the defense off the field more so than 2014.

I am all for hey using the its talent as a sweeping argument in defense for whomever when it applies -- but it doesn't IMO here with Barry. It's not that poor Barry doesn't have the talent that Haz did -- arguably he has more talent than Haz, heck some NFL pundits actually predicted the defense would be vastly improved after this off season. I think the pass defense is slightly improved after the talent upgrades but the rest of the defense IMO is worse. If you are going to be imaginative with exotic blitzes, etc than you got to be fundamentally sound. And this defense is nether.

Cooley actually explains it well. Barry's defense basically is very dependent on players to play with sound technique and in particular to be good tacklers because the plays happen in front of them -- but it doesn't match this personnel well because these guys aren't good at playing that way.

It isn't arguable, he has much more talent to work with than Haz. The offseason focus was truly on defense. They have decent players and they have a poor scheme.

If Gruden is gone, I want our next head coach to be a defensive minded guy who has lead good defenses consistently at some point. Matt Patricia from New England would be one guy I would keep my eye on. Jim Schwartz was be a candidate also, but he supposedly hates Snyder, and I'm not a big fan of his childish attitude he has shown at times tbh.

If Gruden is gone, I want our next head coach to be a defensive minded guy who has lead good defenses consistently at some point. Matt Patricia from New England would be one guy I would keep my eye on. Jim Schwartz was be a candidate also, but he supposedly hates Snyder, and I'm not a big fan of his childish attitude he has shown at times tbh.

Matt Patricia doesn't strike me as a potential HC. To be honest there is not many current NFL Dcoodinator that I could see beeing a good HC. Here some names:

Teryl Austin is not able to compensate for some of Detroit loses on D#. 

Bob Sutton is to old (if you ask me)

Sean McDermott is very interesting, but I put him in the categorie 'mad scientist'. I think he is a great coordinator but not guy to run a team. He just needs to be busy comming up with scemes and stuff. 

Wade Phillips is a milion years old. 

James Bettcher has not enough body of work. He took over a good well coached D#.

Ray Horton does have a good track record and he is coaching the Tennessee D to his strenghts. Finds ways to get his stars to shine. Only I question why he is passed so many times for a HC job. Could be a good candidate. 

The defense needs more talent, but it is more talented than in years past. Maybe that's an upgrade of F to D+, but it's something.

The only drive I REALLY hold against Barry is the one at the end of the Atlanta game where they allowed Matt Ryan to go "bing-bing-bing" right down the field against a soft defense. That was horrible

I'd like to see them be more aggressive. But the talent is just not there yet.

After rewatching the game. Major props to the coaching staff for yesterdays win. Barry played A LOT of cover 2 and it seemed to confuse Manning  a little bit. The special teams have been outstanding the last 4 weeks. The offense was somewhat conservative in the second half. But that was smart with the big lead. 

Gruden had his best game as a head coach yesterday. The challenge of the punt was excellent. And his clock management at the end of the game was text book. 

A+ coaching yesterday IMO.

Gruden seems to be much better this year. Looking at his assistants last year vs this, I suppose it's not really a big surprise. This game had the late choke away victory potential written all over it to crush our spirit once again, but we held on to win. 

Of course, had we lost, our coaches would all suck once again. Why did we go prevent!!!1! Why didn't we go deep to Jackson moar? There appears to be a fine line between sane and insanity winning and losing, so its hard to grade coaches week to week. 

For this week at least, coaching indeed gets an A. 

Hail, and **** Mara. 

Okay, Barry tried to pull a Haslett, but for the second time this season just avoided pulling a Haslett.

for 5/6 of the game... Great job, Barry! For the last ten minutes... Good grief, Barry!

Last 7 seconds... All right, Barry!

Sure it was Barry?

Seems to me when Dunbar got hurt is when they started making a comeback .. plus an unreal catch by the only WR in the game who can make that catch. 

Gruden and Kyle are about even (Kyle may have the edge)

kyle getting roasted recently in ATL

The Atlanta Falcons offense has cost the team another game, and a lot of the blame must be on Kyle Shanahan.

The Atlanta Falcons offense has hit a wall. They started the season on a tear, Matt Ryan, Julio Jones and Devonta Freeman were all looking like All-Pro’s and their offensive coordinator was looking like a genius.

Over the past five games, the Falcons have gone 1-5 and the offense has been woeful. Offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan is the person to blame. Sure, Matt Ryan has had some terrible turnovers and I’m not letting him off the hook but his offensive coordinator is not helping him at all.

Shanahan has shown himself to be stubborn. He refuses to allow Ryan to run the no-huddle offense, something the team has excelled with in the past because he wants to control the offense. He has said that his job is to get the ball to Julio Jones, which is great because he is the best receiver in the NFL, but football is the ultimate team sport he has to get others involved.

For Jones to be the first read on just about every pass play is insane. It also appears he does not allow Ryan to call audibles at the line of scrimmage.

http://bloggingdirty.com/2015/11/30/atlanta-falcons-kyle-shanahan-destroying-offense/

Archived