Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Fallout 4 Thread (all platforms)

codeorama

Anyone here getting F4 on pc or Steam?

After Skyrim's mind-blowing cluster when it was first released on pc, I'm very hesitant. I had to wait for Bethesda to release patches to fix the UI and bugs before I could play it. My computer is hovering right around the minimum specs, so I'm crossing fingers too.

I will be on Steam but am waiting a few weeks for them to iron out launch bugs. Games like this normally have some critical save corrupting bug in there somewhere that can trash your experience and I've had it happen once where I lost like 35-40 hours of progress and didn't go back. It was Skyrim actually that that happened to me on. If you are waiting see if steam has a 25% off during the thanksgiving sale. If not get the game off greenmangaming there is always a 22%-25% voucher on the front page and it's a steam code and completely legit site to get PC games off of.

I'm on PC and I haven't had any issues.  My PC isn't exactly up to gaming standards either. 

One thing I will say, save often. 

I'm glad to see the 100 hours I spent picking locks in skyrim isn't going to waste.  Same lock picking system, haven't broken a pick yet. 

Played about 4 hours last night so much fun..my only issues is remembering to save. Lost about 30 minutes of looting due to forgetting to save.

NINJA  :ph34r:

I could honestly get lost in base building....started to rebuild my little town and after about an hour was like man i gotta save this for later because i could spend hours upon hours here. 

I will be on Steam but am waiting a few weeks for them to iron out launch bugs. Games like this normally have some critical save corrupting bug in there somewhere that can trash your experience and I've had it happen once where I lost like 35-40 hours of progress and didn't go back. It was Skyrim actually that that happened to me on. If you are waiting see if steam has a 25% off during the thanksgiving sale. If not get the game off greenmangaming there is always a 22%-25% voucher on the front page and it's a steam code and completely legit site to get PC games off of.

Thanks for the tip, I'll check that voucher out tonight. If the deal is good enough I'll go ahead and snag it. I don't mind waiting for it though and I was planning to build a moderate gaming rig soon anyway.

I'm a firm believer in the F5 quicksave (or whatever you feel like binding it to). It's a compulsive habit now, saving every 10-15 minutes, no matter the game. The habit hits its peak during Fallout 3 and Deus Ex:HR.

Played about 3.5 hours last night & had a blast. I didn't have any issues finding bobby pins - ended up with almost 30 just by scrounging around in bathroom mirrors. And base building is definitely awesome. I'm going to spend triple digit hours on this game easily.

Played about 3.5 hours last night & had a blast. I didn't have any issues finding bobby pins - ended up with almost 30 just by scrounging around in bathroom mirrors. And base building is definitely awesome. I'm going to spend triple digit hours on this game easily.

First 3 bathrooms I went in no Bobby pins..it was the 4th house I found 7, but had to sign off.

Dont think so...and if youre getting it for the One you get Fallout 3 digital download as well. Pretty good deal. 

Do I have to buy the digital download version to get Fallout 3? I like being able to switch to a game quickly, but I also like the idea of owning the physical copy as well. My HD is filling up fast! 

So I'm finally out and about in the wastes. I have 6 missions open, and having a hard time figuring out what to do first. I might just chill around the safe zone and build up my fort. Chew is a man of the people, and I need to know they're safe when I leave them to save Boston.

Ran into my first deathclaw...didnt end well....FOR HIM. #minigun

Hey everyone!  If you happen by Metacritic and start reading reviews please please please do NOT pay attention to all those Zero ratings.  This game is very good and well worth your time and cash.

It is not Witcher 3 good; but it is very, very close.  With more time spent in the game it well might surpass W3.  It really is a combo RPG / FPS.

Right now I'd give it a solid 8/10 after 10 hours of gameplay.

Just went back to the main home base and started messing with stuff. Just realized you can tear down the entire place and start over. This is gonna take 4-5 hours. So much fun!

Yea, this was something i put in ninja b/c i didn't even know it was going to be part of the game..Really hope at some point the base gets raided or something...

So I pre-ordered an pip boy edition that I'm not going to open and then went and purchased an standard version from Best Buy so what really sucks is I'm not going to get an code for the fall out 3 download. This blows.

Why not? Did you get it for xbox or PS4? The Fallout 3 is only exclusive for the Xbox version.

As far as i know all the xbox games come with Fallout 3. 

Hey everyone! If you happen by Metacritic and start reading reviews please please please do NOT pay attention to all those Zero ratings. This game is very good and well worth your time and cash.

It is not Witcher 3 good; but it is very, very close. With more time spent in the game it well might surpass W3. It really is a combo RPG / FPS.

Right now I'd give it a solid 8/10 after 10 hours of gameplay.

I'm actually searching for bad reviews, no reason to ignore them. The Fallout:NV release was the basis for all of the "paid off" positive review theories, and many people are wary of it happening again.

Archived