Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Insomniac Thread - SEASON OPENER EDITION, Welcoming all tired, delirious and drunk!

PerryMason

Been up since 3:30 this morning. I just CANNOT sleep. Maybe I'll try to take a nap before the game, but I doubt it's going to happen. I do want to say that I think if I can be just a boring Extremeskins fan who makes good decisions, steps back from posting stupid, obnoxious threads, moves the chains with intelligent, well thought out posts, I don't have to do anything that's going to make other posters' jaws drop. But if I'm finding ways to keep from being perma-banned, or posting the best look-a-like photos in Dan's look-a-like threads each week, the rest will take care of itself.

On a more serious note, Good luck to the Redskins! Only seven hours till game time. HTTR!!

This is my favorite thread on the forum. I must say, this is the first time in my time here that I am NOT optimistic the night before Week 1. Every single season, I go to sleep (or mostly don't) with the impression the Skins will play amazing, surprise the league, win the game. The last 2 years the opening game has destroyed me. But, since I'm fully expecting the Skins to lose, possibly get dominated, maybe it will have the reverse effect and they will actually win.

It's so funny how a lot of us fans are in the same boat. My mom even told me she's never seen me this depressed for the start of a Redskins season. Every year I always think it's our year, but this year... just expecting to be let down in advance. First time I've ever felt this.

Slept like a baby last night. 

First game excitement is now 'meh, yeah, whatever. Something to do again Sundays because it's what I've always done.' But as that something is usually three hours of tedious pain, the excitement just isn't there even for the opener.

Shrugs. Just being honest. But on the plus side it's a lot better on your mental health. When you expect absolutely nothing, when you stink the joint up as normal it's like 'meh, nothing new. Here we go again.' And ANYTHING above and beyond that is a bonus and you're pleasantly surprised. Then you have a normal, functioning Sunday night after. 

My football watching demeanour is now markedly different from my youth when it was the whole encompassing thing and would ruin the whole week. 

Hope we win. Expecting a defeat and continued carnage. Anything in between will be a MASSIVE bonus. 

Hail. 

This should kill a couple hours

Great memories! My best friend in the world, who just stopped by with his lovely wife for a weekend visit, catches Lohmiller's 21 yard field goal when the ball goes over the net. We cruise up to Carlise, PA the following year to get Chip to sign it. Still sits on my friend's mantle.

Oh yeah, the two of us went to Minneapolis for the big game too!

Thanks for the memories!

I hate fantasy football right now. Consensus top Defense to play is the Dolphins D. I just can't do it. I usually don't let my heart get in the way, but I just can't.

It's going to hurt seeing them score a ton of fantasy points and we end up losing... but man it'll feel so good if we get it done. I'm starting the Rams D against Seattle... completely stupid, I know, but it's what I'm going with. Dolphins D has an excellent schedule moving forward.

I have the Dolphins defense too. I refuse to play them. Kirk is going to light them up after Morris and Jones bruised them up

No game day thread yet heh.  Is there a unwritten rule who starts them? Minimalist GDT FTW since a fancy pants one right before kickoff, few read at that point. i nominate the insomniac thread the weekly pregame thread when the GDT is late out of the gate. 

Everyone knows we are going to try to run early. They are going to key on Morris so expect tough sledding. I expect Gruden to run into it to test the waters. If Morris can't get anything going by the 2nd quarter, I want to see Matt Jones tried. Don't wait until the 2nd half to insert him in for a token series. Make the fins ask, who is this guy. And make them pay. 

The strength of the team is at wideout + Jordan Reed and hope they are in the game plan for more than 3rd and longs. 

I kind of don't want a close game, either way. I might be happier knowing we're the best/worst team, than mediocre.

Unless we look like a competent football team in all facets and just get beat in a close one by the better team. 

Save of doing the same and winning, that would make me the most happy today. 

No game day thread yet heh.  Is there a unwritten rule who starts them? Minimalist GDT FTW since a fancy pants one right before kickoff, few read at that point. i nominate the insomniac thread the weekly pregame thread when the GDT is late out of the gate. 

Everyone knows we are going to try to run early. They are going to key on Morris so expect tough sledding. I expect Gruden to run into it to test the waters. If Morris can't get anything going by the 2nd quarter, I want to see Matt Jones tried. Don't wait until the 2nd half to insert him in for a token series. Make the fins ask, who is this guy. And make them pay. 

Been back and forth on playing Jones as a flex in fantasy. 

Just don't like the match-up's the first two weeks with the Miami and St Louis front. 

Our O-line could get well get decimated today. Can't see the run game working too well at all with what they have on the D-line. 

Hail. 

Been back and forth on playing Jones as a flex in fantasy. 

Just don't like the match-up's the first two weeks with the Miami and St Louis front. 

Our O-line could get well get decimated today. Can't see the run game working too well at all with what they have on the D-line. 

Hail. 

Good, I am not the only one that drafted Jones heh.  I don't expect many touches today for him but hope to be wrong. 

Last year opening series vs Houston, our OL got embarrassed. Jay needs to do better with his play calling to not expose what appear to be fairly obvious weaknesses early in the game. In doing so exposes the QB.  

I want to see slants to Garcon on first down. Are we west coast or not. Quick passes, and screen / plays that neutralize aggressive fronts. Maybe we will boot Cousins today, one of his fav plays. 

Even Belly did it with Brady in week 1 - protected him. Recognizes his teams weaknesses (rookie OL) and game plans around it starting with the first play and called quick passes. 

Archived