Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your friendly Friday night youtube music thread Vol. II (with respect to vol. I's OP--rincewind)

Jumbo

Usually I'm posting music after I listen to it on my "amazing hi fi stereo system" :P but tonight I started listening to flacs on my Dap w/headphones while in the hot tub and for some reason felt the need to post a few here. Probably just an excuse to stay in the tub longer and keep listening.

I usually try to find the best live version on YouTube and sometimes there are so many you never know if you actually found the best one. The pretender has dozens of live version but I posted that one because it's just him and a piano at like 70+ years old and he still knocks it out of the park. Pretty amazing IMO.

Edited by SkinsFTW
  • Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, Jumbo said:

Everything about this is fan-tab-ulous 😆

But I particularly love the drummer 😁👍 

The drummer for a band I was in back in NJ grew up down the street from Carmine Appice and used to hang out at his (parents) house.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

https://wdvrfm.org/?fbclid=IwAR0_Gx5hrkD4BSrRId9N-vh512yrAnxCTF2lhkI4a516OonCNmCANheFufY

This is a small community supported radio station from tiny little Sergantsville NJ that I use to love. Some times they play alternative stuff when DJs from the local colleges come around, but they play a ton of hard to find early country and current stuff that is actual country and never makes the radio. I haven't heard it in 12 years and was just reconnected to it. It's awesome. 

image.png.08d6150929e1545907323070e62e2179.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

The drummer for a band I was in back in NJ grew up down the street from Carmine Appice and used to hang out at his (parents) house.

Back when I was doing high end home audio, one of the stores I ran was in Medford OR, close to Ashland OR, and the CA border.

Ashland was/is (still, I assume) a very artsy and beautiful small town in a beautiful setting with an oversized music scene and one of the nation's most respected Shakespearean festivals (draws major performers).

At times I would help do PA setups for bands at a very cool bar/venue called Brooklyn, which featured one sitting area right next to a pretty little creek that ran through town.

I got to work with Thomas Dolby, George Benson, Steve Miller ( who bought about a hundred grand in 1980 $$ worth of home gear from me), Quarterflash, and my faves, Missing Persons.

As an enthusiastic but not ready for prime time drummer, I got to hang with Terry Bozzio a few times. He regaled with tales of other famous bands' drummers, among other things, and even had some about my biggest drummer hero, Buddy Rich, who Terry saw several times in Las Vegas as a teenager, but Terry was already known as a wunderkind drummer back then. Great days. 😀

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

It's a day late but here is my send off to Ron Rivera, Dan Snyder, and the past 25+ years of Redskins ineptitude, incompetence, and idiocy.

Play it loud! 

Can things actually change now???

Let's hope.

There's not a lot keeping me around as a COMMANDERS fan. 

• Haha 3