Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your friendly Friday night youtube music thread Vol. II (with respect to vol. I's OP--rincewind)

Jumbo

2 hours ago, Given said:

I own the album.  Really fantastic take on a Christmas album.  If they ever make a musical out of it, I'd love to be able to go see it.

1 hour ago, Given said:

Love me some Floor Jansen.  Personally, my favorite Nightwish song is The Greatest Show On Earth.

And since you seem to have an appreciation for great music, I'll throw in this one in case you aren't familiar with Ayreon:

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, PokerPacker said:

I own the album.  Really fantastic take on a Christmas album.  If they ever make a musical out of it, I'd love to be able to go see it.

Love me some Floor Jansen.  Personally, my favorite Nightwish song is The Greatest Show On Earth.

And since you seem to have an appreciation for great music, I'll throw in this one in case you aren't familiar with Ayreon:

Ayreon is new to me thx song is ****in epic

I’ve been really big into Death Metal recently. Especially 80-90’s bands. There really isn’t much that could be considered better than Morbid Angel in this genre.

Cannibal Corpse has been hit and miss since Gallery of Suicide 25 years ago. This song is instrumental and is probably one of my favorite instrumentals ever. Just so mean.

Nile came late 90’s and I’m looking forward to their new album. Death metal with an Egyptian flair:

since y’all are such great people, I’m sharing a bonus band with you:

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Only the freshest metals.  Hand-picked and squeezed straight from the Metal tree.

I’ve never heard anything from Iron Maiden or Bruce Dickinson that I really liked so I’ve never really given them a chance.

Does he or IM have more darker material like this? Where should I start? This song is friggin awesome!

14 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I’ve never heard anything from Iron Maiden or Bruce Dickinson that I really liked so I’ve never really given them a chance.

Does he or IM have more darker material like this? Where should I start? This song is friggin awesome!

You need to explore his 90s solo work.  Accident of Birth and Chemical Wedding are absolutely two of the best metal albums ever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

You need to explore his 90s solo work.  Accident of Birth and Chemical Wedding are absolutely two of the best metal albums ever.

i like that one as well. Cool thanks. I don’t know if you’ve noticed but there are a lot of younger thrash metal bands, but with harsh vocals all of a sudden. I guess this would be considered a form of death metal in the 90’s ala Death.

A lot of bands on their first or second albums like Raider.

this is one of my favorites lately. they only have two songs though, but they rip. Way better than above. 

About the 3:15 mark on this song I feel they were listening to SYL’s Alien. It has that similar ****storm progression

Edited by Fan since a Fetus