Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Forbes: California Vaccination Bill SB 277 Signed By Governor, Becomes Law

No Excuses

True, but as I understand it, the trend was really bad. More and more people were opting out of immunization. When the population gets down to from 80+ to 60 or 50 percent vaccinated, what then?

If the anti vaccine movement gets that large that you have that many unvaccinated kids, you are in trouble anyway because they will have the political power to repel this law and you will be kicking yourself for not starting an education campaign.

The law is not going to change attitudes and long term that is what you need.

A) they are know-it alls B)

B  )  they are militantly set on their beliefs, like militant, like trying to convince them to vaccinate is akin to trying to convince a card-carrying NRA member to give up his guns

C) They know just enough science terminology to think they know what they are talking about and/or how to interpret scientific data...but they really have no clue, and this makes them dangerous.  You just have to read through a few anti-vaxx "scientific articles" to see how data and terminology is being skewed.

D) They appear to be completely immune to reason and logic.

I just don't see how a propaganda campaign can work on that population.  

I don't know, maybe I'm just completely burnt out having to deal with this stupidity, face-to-face on a continual basis, but it's beyond frustrating.  

But again, you don't have to convince the current people.  Their importance on the topic is going to become irrelevant pretty quickly.  You need to work on 13-19 year old girls.

(and, you know the real nice thing about that is 13-19 year old girls are right in a range where they want their parents to be wrong.)

And you don't just use reason and logic.  The anti-smoking campaign was successful when it moved away from just reason and logic.  You want to be factual, but factual with an emotional/humors component.

I'm actually in favor of outlawing several breeds of dog for this reason , and ultra harsh penalties for whatever ignorant white trash son if a **** lets his pitbulls or came corsos out and kills kids playing in the neighborhood

That's about as popular a stance as the gun issue though

You're kidding, right? I really hope so.

I was diagnosed with Leukemia at age 7. Spent the next ~3 years going through treatment (the last year and a half or so being mostly weekly visits to the hospital for monitoring and check-ups). Anyone who's gone through chemo or knows somebody who has knows that one of the big side effects of chemo is a severely weakened/no immune system.

I was diagnosed in the fall. The following spring there was a kid in my school who came in with the measles. The school sent him home almost immediately, but then informed the parents. 99% of the kids either had their vaccines already or got them that day. Myself and a handful of other kids did not have that option. We had to be pulled out of school for almost a month.

So I have no love for the anti-vax idiots. I had a very real chance of dying as a kid from a disease that's extremely easy to prevent. I was relying on responsible parents and "herd immunity" for a couple of years to fight cancer. You want to be a moron and risk your kid dying of measles, polio, whatever? Homeschool them and don't put other people's kids at risk, you selfish ****s. Public schools are no place to play "deadly disease roulette" with kids who WILL die from your stupid decision.

Good post GoS. I see no issue with this legislation. You don't wanna vaccinate your kids? Feel free to homeschool them. You shouldn't be able to enjoy communal benefits when you make risky choices that endanger public health.

This exactly. This isn't taking away a parent's right to choose whether or not to vaccinate their children, it's just trying to keep those walking germ boxes away from the bulk of the other kids (particularly those who don't have the option to be vaccinated).

Possible "unintended consequences" warning: 

Do we really want to encourage the anti-vaxer nutjobs to home school their kids? 

I understand that this post was mostly in jest.  Ignoring that, they can also go to private school, if said private school does not similarly mandate vaccines.  It's not like anti-vaxxers have no options, they just don't like that society has now passed a law calling them nutjobs.  Boo ****ing hoo.

I would also like to add Jimmy Kimmel's take.  Anti-vaxxers should not be allowed to go to the doctor either.  If they are so much smarter than doctor's that they are going to ignore the advice of literally every doctor, then fine.  No doctors for you for any reason. :)

That Kimmel video is one of my favorite videos ever, haha!

I would also like to add Jimmy Kimmel's take.  Anti-vaxxers should not be allowed to go to the doctor either.  If they are so much smarter than doctor's that they are going to ignore the advice of literally every doctor, then fine.  No doctors for you for any reason. :)

Correct.  They don't need doctors.  They have essential oils now.  MAGIC!

From my most favorite medical satire site:

"Soccer Mom Heals Femur Fracture with Herbs, Essential Oils"

http://www.gomerblog.com/2015/04/femur-fracture/

Am I reading correctly that this is a day care center where every kid is certified to be non-vaccinated? 

its fake

"Do you want to be a Scalia or a Bader-Ginsberg?" - Helper Pat, met with a toddler standing ovation of snaps.

Worried about your child getting sick? How about DON'T stick them full of needles and chemicals. Try acupuncture or positive thinking.

CA GOV CAN'T CONTROL WHAT WE PUT IN OUR CHILDREN'S BODIES! ANTI-VAXX NATION WILL RISE AFTER WE FINISH THIS LAVENDER TEA

Please assure children that JURASSIC WORLD is not real and dinosaurs are a thing of the past. Just like measles, mumps and rubella!

Overheard during gardening: "Aspartame and chemtrails could be linked we just need to find the evidence." - Zimbabwe Cohen (2.5)

Wren's parents were both in Berkeley and appear Caucasian, but she identifies as an old Jamaican man named Kymani Majesty III.

When u say Happy Father's Day, ur making an assumption, projecting an emotional state in an offensive way and creating an unsafe environment

We didn't mean to imply that only women breastfeed. All genders are welcome in the breastfeeding zone (everywhere in and around our daycare)

Anyone who says babies are just drunk adults has never met Luna. The way she discusses Huxley, Ginsberg & Leary, it's more like she's on LSD

The papier mâché project was for students to complete, not parents. No way Ayahuasca (2) made that record player.

45 retweets118 favorites

Cleopatra said that he got face lotion in his third eye. We don't know how that works but we're here for him physically and emotionally.

Rally 2nite for these poor dogs tied up outside Trader Joes for over 7 mins. It's 2015 people we don't tie up friends

We have the right to choose what we put in our children's bodies!!! and we choose kimchi tacos!

Aspen shared a nightmare where large killer GMOs were eating her parents from the inside out. That is scarily accurate!

Incident report: styrofoam cup found in Salinger's backpack. His parent can volunteer extra time in the community garden or visit a landfill

We've discovered that our playground was built using materials that came in contact with people in contact with tree nuts. Shutting it down.

Everyone should be making their own candles. Simple as that. Store bought candles contain harmful hormones and promote corporate reliance.

Hugo doesn't know where his imaginary friend, Bipbip, should go to the bathroom because Bipbip is trans. Great topic for morning discourse!

Finn "married" Linus in class & everything was wonderful until they served (imaginary) foie grais. Turned into an incident report real quick

Don't make assumptions about why Bran eats Play-Doh. That's cibophobic & promotes glutenist mentality. We'd like to be a post-food community

Archived