Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

2 Denver officers arrested, accused of stealing thousands from private employer

Two Denver police officers were arrested on felony theft charges following accusations the father and son stole thousands of dollars in unearned wages in off-duty work with a private employer.

Officers Michael Pineda, 50, and Santana Pineda, 26, were taken into custody Tuesday morning following an internal affairs investigation that began on April 21, 2022.

According to an affidavit, the father and son worked as off-duty security officers for a retail store in the 7200 block of East 36th Avenue in Denver from at least Feb. 28 of this year.

The two allegedly falsified their timecards and submitted hours to the private employer that were not worked.

Click on the link for the full article

VIDEO: Pasco County deputies attempt eviction at wrong house

A Pasco County woman pushed back when deputies showed up at her house to serve an eviction notice — and it turned out, the deputies were at the wrong home.

Jennifer Michele didn’t expect to receive a Ring doorbell alert on Thursday showing two deputies and a locksmith at her front door. Michele said they were drilling through her lock.

“I didn’t know if these people were trying to get into my house,” she said. “I didn’t know if everything was OK.”

She was able to speak with the three men through her doorbell’s camera.

“They told me they were serving an eviction – which is news to me because I don’t rent,” Michele said. “But they told me it was posted last week.”

Ring video shows one of the deputies go back to the front of the house during the exchange. It didn’t take them long to realize they were at the wrong house.

“As soon as I said my name, they knew that they’d messed up,” Michele said. “I was upset. I was upset. I was very upset.”

Michele told 8 On Your Side the deputies meant to go next door. They apologized for the mix-up.

“As soon as I came here, they told me that I’m going to need a new lock and that the guy who was going to break my lock was going to fix it,” she said.

9 hours ago, China said:

VIDEO: Pasco County deputies attempt eviction at wrong house

A Pasco County woman pushed back when deputies showed up at her house to serve an eviction notice — and it turned out, the deputies were at the wrong home.

Jennifer Michele didn’t expect to receive a Ring doorbell alert on Thursday showing two deputies and a locksmith at her front door. Michele said they were drilling through her lock.

“I didn’t know if these people were trying to get into my house,” she said. “I didn’t know if everything was OK.”

She was able to speak with the three men through her doorbell’s camera.

“They told me they were serving an eviction – which is news to me because I don’t rent,” Michele said. “But they told me it was posted last week.”

Ring video shows one of the deputies go back to the front of the house during the exchange. It didn’t take them long to realize they were at the wrong house.

“As soon as I said my name, they knew that they’d messed up,” Michele said. “I was upset. I was upset. I was very upset.”

Michele told 8 On Your Side the deputies meant to go next door. They apologized for the mix-up.

“As soon as I came here, they told me that I’m going to need a new lock and that the guy who was going to break my lock was going to fix it,” she said.

Is it sad that reading this story, I'm surprised to see "They apologized for the mix-up" rather than "They arrested/shot her for 'resisting'"

Edited by PokerPacker
  • Like 2

California ‘Detective of the Year’ busted for sending sexually explicit messages in child sex sting

A veteran police officer who was named “Detective of the Year” in 2019 was charged with exchanging sexually explicit messages with someone he thought was a 14-year-old girl. 

Gregory Daniel Beaumarchais, 43, is facing a misdemeanor charge of annoying or molesting a victim believed to be under the age of 18, Orange County District Attorney officials said on Tuesday

“Police officers are entrusted with the sacred responsibility to safeguard society from harm,” Orange County District Attorney Todd Spitzer said in a statement.

“It is beyond disturbing that a sworn police officer would engage in inappropriate conversations with someone he believed to be a child. Our children should not have to worry about being preyed upon by the very people we teach them who are there to protect them.”

Prosecutors said Beaumarchais allegedly exchanged sexually explicit messages with a civilian decoy on a social media platform between December 2021 and January 2022. 

So cops shoot some innocent bystanders waiting in line at a food truck and the solution is to ban food trucks?

Food trucks fight back after LoDo ban prevents them from operating

On a street packed with bars, Sanjin Mutic found his spot at a parking meter near 20th and Larimer streets.

For years now, he’s catered to the masses streaming out of LoDo bars on weekend nights, running a gyro food truck his family owns. For now, that’s over.  

"We are the bottom of the totem pole," said Mutic. "We are the easiest to kick out. We’re here on a conditional city permit, so that can be revoked in a minute."

The City of Denver and Denver Police (DPD) said they’ve found a solution to rising crime in LoDo. Mutic’s gyro truck and the rest of the food trucks are now banned from the area on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, forced to set up shop blocks away, far from the bars and the people.  

It comes weeks after DPD officers shot a man with a gun outside a LoDo bar. Officers injured six innocent bystanders, some of who were waiting in line at a food truck. 

While police said the new rules will increase public safety by discouraging people from gathering outside bars, Mutic argues the ban also misses the target.

"We’ll take out the food trucks and problem solved," Mutic said sarcastically. "Reality is the crowds are still going to be here, they’re still going to be drinking, partying and the police will still have to be involved for keeping the peace down here."

On 7/14/2022 at 8:19 PM, China said:

Anchorage police investigated in White Privilege card photo

An investigation has been launched after a person believed to be an Anchorage, Alaska, police officer was shown in a photo with a woman in town for a Donald Trump rally flashing a novelty “White Privilege card.”

The social media post caused concerns about racial equality in Alaska's largest city.

Mimi Israelah claimed in a Facebook post that she was pulled over for weaving at 3:43 a.m. while driving to a pizzeria in Anchorage after arriving on an early-morning flight from California for Trump’s rally Saturday to support local Republican candidates he’s backed.

“Officer Bo” asked for her driver’s license but she couldn’t find it, she wrote on Facebook.

“When I saw my White Privilege card, I gave to him if it’s ok,” she wrote. “He laughed and called his partner. It’s their first time to see a White Privileged (sic) card,” she said.

A video apparently taken by Israelah of the encounter has been reposted on Twitter. Two officers are seen standing outside her car window. She asks one, “You like my White Privilege card?” The unidentified officer says, "That’s hilarious.”

In the Facebook comments shown at the end of the video, someone asks if she received a ticket. She replied, “nope.”

The original Facebook post has been deleted but screenshots and the video appear on social media.

It was not immediately clear if disciplinary action would be taken against officers involved or if a citation was actually issued to Israelah.

A woman flashed a 'white privilege' card after being pulled over. Now, officers are in trouble for letting her go.

Two Anchorage police officers violated department policy during a traffic stop last month when a woman in town for a rally by former President Donald Trump showed them a “white privilege card” instead of a driver’s license and was not ticketed, the Anchorage Daily News reported.

However, it’s not clear what policy was violated or what disciplinary actions the two officers faced, if any, because the department is treating it as a confidential personnel matter, according to Anchorage Police Department Director of Community Relations Sunny Guerin.

Gov. Greg Abbott has appointed an indicted Austin police officer accused of using excessive force during 2020 protests to Texas’ regulatory law enforcement agency. 

Justin Berry was among 19 Austin police officers indicted earlier this year in the protests spurred by the murder of George Floyd by a Minneapolis police officer. Berry is charged with two counts of aggravated assault by a public servant. 

He also ran as a Republican for Texas House District 19 but lost in the primary runoff election this year. Abbott had endorsed Berry in the race, saying his “strong conservative values and experience stopping violent crime are exactly what we need in the Texas House.”

Now, at the governor’s hand, Berry will serve on the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement, which sets minimum licensing and training standards for police. Abbott did not immediately respond to The Texas Tribune's request for comment, but in a press release announcing Berry’s appointment Friday, he said the commission ensures “that the people of Texas are served by highly trained and ethical law enforcement, corrections, and telecommunications personnel.” Berry posted a statement to Twitter on Friday but did not respond to requests for comment.

Alabama City Disbands Entire Police Department Over Racist Text

Officials in Vincent, Alabama, disbanded an entire local police department and fired the agency’s police chief and assistant chief in response to an officer’s racist text message, according to media reports.

Vincent Mayor James Latimore confirmed Thursday that the city council passed a resolution that would disband the police department just days after the text surfaced, according to Al.com.

The text message, sent by someone identified as “752” in a screenshot of a chat, asked: “What do y’all call a pregnant slave?”

The person who sent the text then supplied an answer: “BOGO Buy one, get one free.”

The resolution included the firings of Chief James Srygley and Assistant Chief John Goss. The city council fired Srygley and Goss after Latimore initially suspended them, according to AI.com.

The city’s website previously listed Lee Carden as another officer in the police department, Al.com reported, but the website has been cleared of names as of Saturday night.

Latimore has not identified the officer who reportedly sent the text.

• Thumb up 2

Cheating cops got questions and answers to sergeants exam this week

The NYPD’s sergeants exam appears to have been tainted by cheating, with those who took the test on the first day feeding information to test takers on the second day, sources told The Post.

About 12,000 cops sat for the grueling, 4 1/2-hour exam over four sessions on Wednesday and Thursday at the Javits Center. It was the first time it had been given since 2017.

After officers left the first session Wednesday, some started sending out the questions and answers via messaging groups, according to an officer who took the exam.

Screenshots of the messages show some with only general test topics such as “active shooter procedures” and “religious head coverings.”

But other texts provided more help, including “Aided question — Answer is Homeless individual.”

Mike Yanosik, a retired NYPD deputy inspector who runs the Elite Strategic Training test prep service, said he was stunned that the Department of Citywide Administrative Services would give an almost identical 100-question exam on two different days.

“Its the most unfair thing I’ve ever heard,” he said, noting students spent seven months in his courses to prepare.

Another test prep service called The Key sent out a message to test takers saying DCAS provided “another unacceptable exam that was poorly written, chaotically and inconsistently administered, and provided some test takers with an unfair advantage.”

DCAS said different questions were used for the tests on Wednesday and Thursday.

“The city has zero tolerance for cheating on civil service exams. Allegations of cheating are thoroughly investigated and those who engage is misconduct are held accountable. City employees who disclose the contents of a civil service exam could be subject to termination and even prosecution,” a DCAS spokesman said.

He reported his supervisor choking a handcuffed man. Then he was fired.

Barry Green’s mugshot tells a story. He’s got a fresh wound on one swollen cheek. Both eyes are black; one also has fresh scars. His mouth appears to be swollen, his lips pursed at an uncomfortable angle.

Green was arrested by deputies with the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office on May 28 for driving while impaired, assault on a government officer and resisting a public officer, all misdemeanors.

The chain of events that led to the swollen, bruised and bloody mugshot has roiled the sheriff’s office for months. Now, the arresting deputy in the case is speaking out to detail what he has reported to be excessive force used by his supervisor during the arrest.

That deputy, Tyler Thompson, worked at the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office until Wednesday of last week when he was fired. His dismissal came one day after he reported his concerns to the N.C. State Bureau of Investigation.

Despite Thompson’s report, public records obtained by WBTV show the SBI is being prevented from investigating the incident by Lincoln County District Attorney Mike Miller.

According to the narrative Thompson filed with the report of Green’s arrest, Thompson stopped Green late on the evening of May 28 after he and his partner got a call about an aggressive driver.

That call led Thompson and another deputy to find Green, who had just pulled into the driveway of his house. According to Thompson’s narrative of the arrest, Green’s car was still running when he pulled up.

Thompson’s narrative said Green smelled like alcohol and appeared to be drunk.

As Thompson and his partner tried to put Green under arrest, his narrative said, Green shoved the deputies and tried to go into his house.

By his own report, Thompson recounted dropping Green to the ground with a leg sweep, punching him in the face a total of six times, using a taser on Green and delivering two knee strikes to his lower back, all in an effort, he wrote, to place Green under arrest.

But, once Green was in handcuffs, Thompson said, the force stopped and the deputies called for an ambulance.

While deputies were waiting for paramedics to arrive and tend to Green’s injuries, Thompson’s sergeant, Joe Sutton, arrived on scene.

According to Thompson’s narrative, Green got agitated with Sutton while sitting on the tailgate of his truck waiting for EMS.

In an interview with WBTV, Thompson said he was shocked to see Sutton grab Green by the throat while Green’s hands were cuffed behind his back.

“The suspect was sitting on the back of the truck and my supervisor grabs him by the throat to the point where it’s firm enough to where I hear an audible struggle and it was with his right hand and I’m like, holy crap,” Thompson recalled.

“I’m like, OK, I’m going to have to jump on him because this is completely illegal.”

According to Thompson’s narrative, Sutton continued to use aggressive force on Green as the deputies walked him to the ambulance.

“I saw Sergeant Sutton place his left hand on Barry`s middle upper back and push forward. Barry fell forward and landed inside of the ambulance,” the narrative said.

In his interview with WBTV, Thompson said Green landed on his face.

“He ends up falling on his face in the ambulance, which is bad because I had to strike him in the face. His face was already injured,” Thompson said.

His report spanned more than five pages of detailed synopsis outlining what happened, including with the force Sutton—his supervisor—used on Green.

But when it came time for Sutton to Approve Thompson’s report, Thompson said, Sutton refused.

According to a whistleblower complaint Thompson would later file with the SBI, Sutton wanted him to make two changes to his description of the encounter between Sutton and Green: edit his report to say Sutton grabbed Green’s neck, not his throat, and take out the word ‘firm.’

---------------

Even though Miller did not authorize an SBI investigation, he did call the sheriff’s office to tell them that Thompson had filed a complaint.

Thompson said he got a call just before 8:00 p.m. on Tuesday night from the LCSO major telling him the command staff knew he had reported his concerns to the SBI.

The next day, on Wednesday afternoon, the major called again. This time Thompson was told to bring his stuff to the office because he was being fired.

3 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Oh good, they were only suspended with pay and not, you know, arrested and held for kidnapping (for arresting somebody for no legitimate reason) or ****ing terrorism (since they arrested him because he was "anti-cop" and wanted him to drop and SURPRISE he ended up doing just that) or whatever.

On 8/9/2022 at 11:34 AM, China said:

He reported his supervisor choking a handcuffed man. Then he was fired.

Barry Green’s mugshot tells a story. He’s got a fresh wound on one swollen cheek. Both eyes are black; one also has fresh scars. His mouth appears to be swollen, his lips pursed at an uncomfortable angle.

Green was arrested by deputies with the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office on May 28 for driving while impaired, assault on a government officer and resisting a public officer, all misdemeanors.

The chain of events that led to the swollen, bruised and bloody mugshot has roiled the sheriff’s office for months. Now, the arresting deputy in the case is speaking out to detail what he has reported to be excessive force used by his supervisor during the arrest.

That deputy, Tyler Thompson, worked at the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office until Wednesday of last week when he was fired. His dismissal came one day after he reported his concerns to the N.C. State Bureau of Investigation.

Despite Thompson’s report, public records obtained by WBTV show the SBI is being prevented from investigating the incident by Lincoln County District Attorney Mike Miller.

According to the narrative Thompson filed with the report of Green’s arrest, Thompson stopped Green late on the evening of May 28 after he and his partner got a call about an aggressive driver.

That call led Thompson and another deputy to find Green, who had just pulled into the driveway of his house. According to Thompson’s narrative of the arrest, Green’s car was still running when he pulled up.

Thompson’s narrative said Green smelled like alcohol and appeared to be drunk.

As Thompson and his partner tried to put Green under arrest, his narrative said, Green shoved the deputies and tried to go into his house.

By his own report, Thompson recounted dropping Green to the ground with a leg sweep, punching him in the face a total of six times, using a taser on Green and delivering two knee strikes to his lower back, all in an effort, he wrote, to place Green under arrest.

But, once Green was in handcuffs, Thompson said, the force stopped and the deputies called for an ambulance.

While deputies were waiting for paramedics to arrive and tend to Green’s injuries, Thompson’s sergeant, Joe Sutton, arrived on scene.

According to Thompson’s narrative, Green got agitated with Sutton while sitting on the tailgate of his truck waiting for EMS.

In an interview with WBTV, Thompson said he was shocked to see Sutton grab Green by the throat while Green’s hands were cuffed behind his back.

“The suspect was sitting on the back of the truck and my supervisor grabs him by the throat to the point where it’s firm enough to where I hear an audible struggle and it was with his right hand and I’m like, holy crap,” Thompson recalled.

“I’m like, OK, I’m going to have to jump on him because this is completely illegal.”

According to Thompson’s narrative, Sutton continued to use aggressive force on Green as the deputies walked him to the ambulance.

“I saw Sergeant Sutton place his left hand on Barry`s middle upper back and push forward. Barry fell forward and landed inside of the ambulance,” the narrative said.

In his interview with WBTV, Thompson said Green landed on his face.

“He ends up falling on his face in the ambulance, which is bad because I had to strike him in the face. His face was already injured,” Thompson said.

His report spanned more than five pages of detailed synopsis outlining what happened, including with the force Sutton—his supervisor—used on Green.

But when it came time for Sutton to Approve Thompson’s report, Thompson said, Sutton refused.

According to a whistleblower complaint Thompson would later file with the SBI, Sutton wanted him to make two changes to his description of the encounter between Sutton and Green: edit his report to say Sutton grabbed Green’s neck, not his throat, and take out the word ‘firm.’

---------------

Even though Miller did not authorize an SBI investigation, he did call the sheriff’s office to tell them that Thompson had filed a complaint.

Thompson said he got a call just before 8:00 p.m. on Tuesday night from the LCSO major telling him the command staff knew he had reported his concerns to the SBI.

The next day, on Wednesday afternoon, the major called again. This time Thompson was told to bring his stuff to the office because he was being fired.

And this is why ACAB

• Like 2

Ex-San Diego Vice detective charged in illicit massage business scheme

A former San Diego police officer has been charged along with three others with allegedly operating illicit massage businesses that offered commercial sex services, the U.S. Attorney's Office announced Friday.

Peter Griffin, 78, a former vice detective and attorney, was arrested Thursday morning shortly after leaving his San Diego home, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office. Co-defendants Kyung Sook Hernandez, 58, and Yu Hong Tan, 56, were also arrested Thursday, while a fourth defendant remains at large.

Prosecutors said Griffin owned and operated five businesses in California and Arizona with his co-defendants between 2013 and 2022. The defendants advertised sexual services online and employed "multiple women" to perform those services, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office.

Atlanta woman says police burst into her home, threw her on ground over missing remote, chess board

A mother is suing after she says an officer broke down her door, went inside her home and slammed her to the ground.

The officer’s bodycam captured the violent encounter where the woman was handcuffed, and emergency medical services had to be called. Khanay Yancey has filed a federal lawsuit against Clayton County and the officer, Gregory Tillman.

The bodycam shows the entire episode. The officer is talking to Yancey at her home on Independence Drive in Clayton County in 2019. She closes the door on the officer. That’s when he break the door to get inside. “Oh you broke my door,” Yancey screams. “Put your hand behind your back,” Tillman shouts.

Tillman then tries to handcuff Yancey. He then uses his leg to sweep her legs from under her. She falls to the ground. All this happens as her son watches. “Hey, sir. My mom got health problems, sir,” the son says to the officer. “I sure do,” Yancey says.

Yancey’s attorney, Tanya Miller, says everything Tillman did that day was wrong. “He violated their policies. He violated the Fourth Amendment.”

Tillman came to Yancey’s home because a man who had moved out had returned to get a remote control and a chessboard. He asked for police assistance after Yancey wouldn’t let him inside. Yancey said the items weren’t there. She said the man had made threats the day before. That’s when Tillman broke the door and barged inside.

In a taped deposition for the lawsuit Tillman explained why he broke the door and went inside the home. “At that time, I believed that my safety was at risk,” he said.

Miller found that response odd: “You can’t be afraid of what’s on the other side and then break in the other side of the door,” she pointed out.

A police review board found that Tillman was not within policy in how he handled the incident. It first voted to recommend his termination and then voted to recommend a three-day suspension with additional training.

The police department says it doesn’t comment on pending litigation. Channel 2′s Tom Jones reached out to the county attorney for a comment but did not hear back.

The charges against Yancey were dropped. She wants the county to settle the lawsuit so she can move on with her life.