Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

Texas Cop Shuts Down Girls' Lemonade Stand

Fortunately, the girls quickly learned how to game the system.  They reopened the stand and offered free lemonade and popcorn.  Of course, donations were accepted.

Thugs.

haha. Code cop probably had the wink wink conversation with the parents...

" You can't sell lemonade...if you understand what I am trying to say here...but you can indeed ask for donations for free lemonade". 'You folks get what I am saying here right...Well, have a wonderful day'.

Sounds like that's all the cop had on him, and all he charged him with. Since he did go to jail on that charge, the answer to your question is yes.

You can be arrested and not charged for hundreds of things, but a headlight out is not one of them.

that is certainly what they fined him for.

No kosh, we have to assume he was a total dickhead and should be fired

There is a video of this a page or two back. She was polite enough, although there was no "wink, wink" deal as kosher ham suggests.

It would have been better if she had left the kids alone.

Edited by s0crates

You can be arrested and not charged for hundreds of things, but a headlight out is not one of them.

that is certainly what they fined him for.

Meh. You're nit-picking. All he was charged with was the headlight.

The cop perhaps thought, wrongly, that there was more. It sounds like the prosecutor knew better.

And, for the record, you cannot be held long without formal charges.

Yet here it is, she should be fired.

I didn't say that. I said she should have used common sense and left the kids alone. I would hope one of her superiors tells her as much.

Edited by s0crates

Why should her superior tell her to ignore the law ?

That doesn't really make sense.

Use better judgment ? That's not her job. She did when you think about it...she could have easily written a citation.

I agree, who bother with messing with kids selling lemonade...but then you open up that whole situation for future situations.

Why should her superior tell her to ignore the law ?

That doesn't really make sense.

Her superior should tell her to use discretion.

I wouldn't call it ignoring the law any more than I would say a cop who doesn't stop people for doing 67 in a 65 zone is ignoring the law.

Use better judgment ? That's not her job.

You don't think a cop's job involves using good judgement?

Talk about not making sense.

...but then you open up that whole situation for future situations.

I've already addressed this slippery slope argument above. It's really a very silly point if you think about it.

Edited by s0crates

First, I call BS on the headlight charge.  You cannot get arrested solely for a headlight charge.  You can, say get arrested for refusing to sign a summons.  I want to hear the other side of the story on the headlight story before making judgement.

I am not hear to debate the mistakes, but at least in Virginia you need Probable Cause to arrest someone or a reasonable believe (a reasonable person would believe) someone has committed a crime.  Not to bore you with what a crime is, but in Virginia it is any felony or class 1 and 2 misdemeanors.  Of course, plenty of exceptions like the one above where you refuse to sign the summonses or refuse to agree to either come to court or prepay the traffic ticket.  Another exception is drunk in public.  A simple class 4 misdemeanor with no possibility for jail time, but you get arrested and spend time in the drunk tank because it would be a liability to the police department to let you go in your condition.  (See lawyer comments in posts above).

As far as the lemonade stand, taking a rigid stance with reasonableness, you stop by and advise them they need to change their sign and give a polite warning.  If they refuse or disregard the warning, you get tough.

Lastly, it sure would be nice to believe every single person that said they were clean, don't do anything wrong, has cleaned up their act, is a good person, not currently committing any crimes and is a law abiding citizen.  I mean, no one lies to the cops.  Also, not saying Brown himself was guilty of this, but sometimes the cops just aren't lucky.  They stopped the drug dealer right after they dispensed with their product and all they have on them is say 10K.  Just a guy with some legal currency.  Not much you can do but listen to the guy plead innocence and have his boy pick him up in a nice clean ride.  Clean ride because he is up the chain and keeps his hands dirty.

Lastly, go play poker with a bunch of defense lawyers and listen to the BS they talk about how they get their clients out of legitimate charges.  But, since no one lies to the police or the media, I can see where they are coming from.

Edited by Fred Jones
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cop Olympics To Open In Fairfax County, Va., Where Killer Cops Go Free

Anybody afraid of law enforcement should stay out of Northern Virginia for the next few weeks. And anybody familiar with the police in Northern Virginia should be afraid.

Starting on Friday, Fairfax County will host the 2015 World Police and Fire Games, the cop Olympics. It’s a huge deal for the county. Organizers bill the soirée as “the second largest global multi-sport event,” with only the real Olympics being bigger. Tony Shobe, sports director for what’s being called Fairfax 2015, claims that about 25,000 visitors will arrive to take part or spectate alongside the locals.

When the games were awarded, Fairfax County supervisor Michael Frey gushed in a press release about all the wonders of the area. “This is an outstanding opportunity for Fairfax County to showcase our exceptional First Responders and the world-class destination that we are,” the release read.

The sort of exceptionalism displayed by Fairfax County law enforcement these days, however, isn’t something the locals really want the world to look at. Take Tony Shobe’s workplace, for example. When not promoting Fairfax 2015, he serves as commander of the Emergency Response Team of the Fairfax County Sheriff’s Office—which is really the county jail’s in-house SWAT team. His unit is now being scrutinized for the killing of Natasha McKenna.

Worth reading, comments had some more stuff when I first read the story but they might be buried now. 

Oops maybe i misread it. Trolling fail

He shot holes in a camper.  That's how the police found him with his shotgun.

As far as trolling, he was white :ph34r:  I didn't think cops shot white folk.  B)

Edited by chipwhich

He shot holes in a camper.  That's how the police found him with his shotgun.

As far as trolling, he was white :ph34r:  I didn't think cops shot white folk.  B)

If he shot holes in a camper, does that mean he's in a trailer park? I think they're allowed to shoot white trash, aren't they?
  • Like 1

He shot holes in a camper. That's how the police found him with his shotgun.

As far as trolling, he was white :ph34r: I didn't think cops shot white folk. B)

Well there's that lol

I was reading the scroll bar paying half attention

Edited by Major Harris

Just thought I'd add this here rather than start a new thread:

Self-appointed watchdogs of Texas police are in the streets and in your face

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/self-appointed-watchdogs-of-texas-police-are-in-the-streets-and-in-your-face/ar-AAcfkax

REPORTING FROM ARLINGTON, Texas - Kenny Lovett sweated through an intersection in this Dallas suburb, eyes twitching to either side of the highway. He didn't like being out here exposed in Bike Cop Mike's turf.

Sure enough, enemy colors soon filled the rearview mirror of Lovett's truck — not a bike this time, it was a full-on police cruiser.

"Here we damn go," Lovett said.

The patrol car and a motorcycle sped up and passed him. False alarm.

Lovett and his passenger, Kory Watkins, were out on patrol as part of North Texas Cop Block, the local chapter of a political coalition that has sprung up across the country alongside protests against police violence in Missouri, New York and Cleveland.

The national Cop Block campaign aims to police the police by filming traffic stops and watching for potential violations of search laws. Here in Arlington, the campaign has taken on a uniquely Texas spin.

With the two Texas activists in the cab of Lovett's big Chevy Tahoe, tickets and fines become "robbery," an arrest is "a kidnapping by the state," a concealed-handgun permit is "a tax on the 2nd Amendment." Laws are measured in increments of the rights they take away.

Watkins and Lovett also host a regular Friday night Internet radio show, urging people to know their rights, arm themselves and maintain vigilance against the police state.

"Police get celebrated like rock stars when they slam someone's head in the pavement," caller Dominique Alexander reflected one recent night. "We need to fix this stuff."

"Amen, brother," Watkins replied.

Out on patrol, Watkins and Lovett wait for police traffic stops on small infractions like failing to signal, or visits to conduct welfare checks, which they call a broad excuse to carry out a search. Another Cop Block chapter in Texas, in the town of Riesel, brought lawn mowers to 75-year-old Gerry Suttle's house when she faced arrest because of an overgrown lawn.

Cop Block activists around the country tend to have a common routine. At a police traffic stop, their first step is to pull out cellphones and yell instructions to people who have been pulled over.

That sometimes ends up with the activists getting arrested, as attested to dozens of times on YouTube, where police accountability groups gleefully post shouting matches between police and protesters.

<more at link>

Everyone's thinking about some good twa jokes I bet, but my money's on he'd want as little to do with any of it as possible.  :lol:

Presumably those concerned citizens had a meeting of some sort, be it in person or electronically, and discussed their willingness to organize for a perceived public good.  At some point the issue of what to name the organization came up, and it's this that I'd like to focus on.  I want to know just how high everyone was when they landed on the name Cop Block and decided to go with it. 

Everyone's thinking about some good twa jokes I bet, but my money's on he'd want as little to do with any of it as possible.  :lol:

Me and the boys in blue called a truce years ago, I ain't playing.

I do wish those folk luck.

• Like 1

So the police shot and killed the one of the prison escapees in upstate new York. He was unarmed. I'm sure the outrage is coming.

The other has been shot too. This one was captured though.

I don't see much outrage coming. There is a lot of difference between convicted murderers and accused cigar thieves.

Edited by s0crates