Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

the equally easy (and important) component to this solution is for police officers to be polite and professional with the people that they interact with.  no?

then they can beat them down if not reciprocated?

• Like 1

You can be respectful and polite while still asserting your rights when you're interacting with police. I don't see why you apparently see it as some zero sum game.

Because the standard playbook says that whenever a police officer is caught on camera assaulting ( if not outright killing) an unarmed person who posed to threat to the officer, is to try as hard as you possibly can to assert that said unarmed person, some time before the video started, must have done SOMETHING (no matter how minor or tangential) which makes it their fault.

He ran.

He stole a pack of cigarettes.

He failed to comply with the officer's command which was not illegal.

interesting

She is an attorney for the FOP. Her job is to try to protect him.

I could give a rat's patootie what he had to deal with prior to this.

No bearing on this situation at all.

If he couldn't handle it after ten years of service...he should have taken the rest of the day off.

A silly fight ? This guy is handcuffing and chasing people, then tossing this young girl around, then brandishing his gun.

I was taught don't holster your weapon without intent. This man is a tenured veteran of the police force...that's embarrassing as a gun owner.

He alone escalated the situation. Unbelievably so.

• Like 1

And the girl was arrested? I wonder what she's been charged with.

Hurting his (cops) feelings.  "The 13 year old girl got an attitude with me, causing me to lose my temper!"  The male ego is a very powerful and delicate thing.  His ego was front and center during that entire video.  im positive nobody on ES will argue that particular point. 

Edited by Chew
  • Like 1

Two males who were physically larger than the cop, one of whom had a cigarette in his mouth.  I don't know their ages.

probably 10, and a candy cigarette......and were pushed  :P

or I believe one's lawyer said stumbled down the slope....so it was probably act of God.

Not that I go on my facebook page very often (maybe twice in the past year), but I'm contemplating deleting my account.  Facebook is the kiss of death for people expressing their opinion.  How stupid can people continue to be.  You see this all the time.

I've long contemplated deleting mine. I never sign in, anyways.

Texas Cop Shuts Down Girls' Lemonade Stand

Texas sisters Andria, 8, and Zoey Green, 7, wanted to raise about $100 to take their dad to Splash Kingdom as a Father's Day present, so they set up a traditional neighborhood lemonade stand.

150611121850-green-girls-lemonade-exlarg

According to ABC affiliate KLTV, about an hour later and after a $25 profit, Overton police showed up and shut the lemonade stand down because the Green sisters did not have a "Peddler's Permit," which comes with a $150 fee.

"We had kettle corn and lemonade. The lemonade was for 50 cents and the kettle corn was a dollar, but if you got both it was a dollar." Zoey told KLTV.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/11/politics/lemonade-stand-shut-down-texas/

Here's a possible photo of the vigilant cop:

gun_barney_bullet.jpg

Fortunately, the girls quickly learned how to game the system.  They reopened the stand and offered free lemonade and popcorn.  Of course, donations were accepted.

• Like 2

I absolutely would not blame the cop for that. He's actually enforcing an actual law. (Maybe it's a stupid law, but the cop really doesn't have much say in that.)

And, granted, I'm just making an assumption, here, but I suspect that didn't exactly get a kick out of it, either.