Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

Have we forgotten the cop is dealing with 13 and 14 year old KIDS???

He man-handled a 13 year old girl who never posed a "threat" to him, twisting her arm, pushing her face into ground, putting a knee in her back. THEN he draws his pistol....ON 14 YEAR OLD KIDS

how this guy's ever gets his gun and badge back is beyond me. He lost control of his emotions due to the words of a 14 year old girl in a bathing suit, so i don't want an egomaniac like that with a gun protecting my neighborhood

• Like 1

I disagree. In any case I wanted to be sure we have a bit of context before the Media Narrative Choo-Choo Train starts chugging down the tracks.

I thought it was decided months ago that events leading up to police brutality claims mean nothing and should not be taken into consideration when angry mobs are trying to form up...

...and yes...his actions were over the top. He needs to find a different line of work...

I disagree.  In any case I wanted to be sure we have a bit of context before the Media Narrative Choo-Choo Train starts chugging down the tracks.

If we say what happens before has any impact on what happened in the video then arent we saying that cops can ignore certain laws and rights if certain conditions are met? It truly doesnt, or shouldnt, matter what happened before. The police need to obey the law and peoples rights regardless of what someone did. Someone else doing something wrong doesnt give police free reign to then abuse their authority.

If we say what happens before has any impact on what happened in the video then arent we saying that cops can ignore certain laws and rights if certain conditions are met? It truly doesnt, or shouldnt, matter what happened before. The police need to obey the law and peoples rights regardless of what someone did. Someone else doing something wrong doesnt give police free reign to then abuse their authority.

Does legality of the police actions depicted differ if the setting was an active crime scene versus a neighborhood a pool party?

I love how those defending the clearly out of control cop ignores the cop in the start of the video and the other cop who was handling it great.  Very calmly talking to the kids, thanking them for handing him his flashlight back, telling them not to run (BTW- Running from the cops is NOT a crime. Supreme court decided that). He was handling that situation just fine. Then the clearly out of control cop comes flying in and starts yelling at everyone barking orders and everywhere he goes - trouble seems to follow.

14 year old in Bikini - CLEARLY not a threat. I don't care if she was talking back or not -She was NOT a threat.  He told her to walk away a few seconds before, so she wasn't suspected of a crime at that point.  

He lost control. The other cops saw it, the city has seen it, everyone who watches that video sees it. 

Edited by TMK9973
  • Like 2

I love how those defending the clearly out of control cop ignores the cop in the start of the video and the other cop who was handling it great. Very calmly talking to the kids, thanking them for handing him his flashlight back, telling them not to run (BTW- Running from the cops is NOT a crime. Supreme court decided that). He was handling that situation just fine. Then the clearly out of control cop comes flying in and starts yelling at everyone barking orders and everywhere he goes - trouble seems to follow.

14 year old in Bikini - CLEARLY not a threat. I don't care if she was talking back or not -She was NOT a threat. He told her to walk away a few seconds before, so she wasn't suspected of a crime at that point.

He lost control. The other cops saw it, the city has seen it, everyone who watches that video sees it.

Who is defending the crazy cop? And read the thread, several have pointed out the difference between the 2 cops actions

Does legality of the police actions depicted differ if the setting was an active crime scene versus a neighborhood a pool party?

I do not believe so, no. People rights arent forfeited because someone nearby got into a fight. Rights dont change based on the type of crime. And I think the neighborhood pool party would technically be considered a crime scene since a fight broke out which is a crime.

Edited by MisterPinstripe

I love how those defending the clearly out of control cop ignores the cop in the start of the video and the other cop who was handling it great. Very calmly talking to the kids, thanking them for handing him his flashlight back, telling them not to run

Agree 100%. From my understanding, McKinney, Texas is an upper-middle class, well to do suburb, so cops there aren't used to dealing with many stressful situations. I'm simply saying, and I hate to sound like a jerk, but should that cop be allowed back on the force? I believe this guy is a 20+ year veteran (correct me please if I'm wrong). So if a veteran LEO loses his **** dealing with a bunch of high school freshman, would you want him still in uniform, patrolling YOUR streets?

Many ES members have kids, so can you please stop and think how you'd feel if your little girl was handled the way that cop handled the girl in the video?

• Like 2

If you're referring to me i don't know what to say.

I agree with your statement 100%.

But the es thing where you can't point out flaws of one side of the argument without being labeled as completely on the other side. ..i get it.

That was aimed at you in particular, just all the excuse making in general, hence the phrase "no excuse." Edited by s0crates

Man, all I got....and this isn't a "oh poor black man, his life must be so tough" post...

But as I've said before, I am TERRIFIED when I get pulled over, because, even though I am polite and treat LEOs with respect, I've been told that "your military Id means nothing to me" and had my car sniffed out by K9 units more than once....and got issued a "warning."

**** it

That was aimed at you in particular, just all the excuse making in general, hence the phrase "no excuse."

There's no excuse for the one cops actions, and only one poster that I've seen has remotely come close to excusing them.

I was responding to a post questioning why the woman who got her hair pulled wasn't arrested

Man, all I got....and this isn't a "oh poor black man, his life must be so tough" post...

But as I've said before, I am TERRIFIED when I get pulled over, because, even though I am polite and treat LEOs with respect, I've been told that "your military Id means nothing to me" and had my car sniffed out by K9 units more than once....and got issued a "warning."

**** it

I stuttered when talking to a dick cop once, and had 3 others show up and border patrol to sniff my car....

He even thought a dip spit container was something nefarious. When I pointed out it was dip spit, he threw the closed bottle back in my car.

When they finally let me leave, the cop looked all pissed and warned me that I was driving a popular drug road between Canada and Albany NY.

The other cops that showed up..nothing but nice. One of them went through the academy with a friend of mine.

Sorry...if I was running drugs, I think I would find the most populated road there is to avoid suspicion instead of being the lone car on a country road that the speed limit goes from 55 to 30 back to 55 4 different times...

My only point is...dick cops gonna be dick cops no matter what given the chance.

• Like 1

Then the video begins.

Assuming any of that actually happened.

All I see is that there was a fight, the cops showed up, and one of them lost control of his emotional state. After that everyone is lobbing accusations that justify their own actions or the actions of the people they favor in this.

Being near where a crime takes place does not remove your rights, thats not misinformation. I am not sure what state you live in, so i acknowledge it could be different where you are. As an example, a witness to a crime does not have to present ID to an office if they do not want to, if just being at or near a crime scene meant the cops have power over you that would not be the case. You only have to present ID if the police can articulate suspicion of a crime or you are lawfully arrested, and being at or near where a fight took place is not enough. Those are the ID laws in Texas.

If officers had the power to detain anyone for being near a crime scene like a fight taking place, then witnesses would be required to show ID. Your rights dont just disappear because someone else committed a crime.

Again, I say this not knowing where you live and acknowledging that it could be different in your state.

if you are a possible witness to a crime police here in Texas can demand your name.address and date of birth , giving false info is a crime.

you can of course refuse, and they can detain you if they choose.

I saw this on Twitter and it got a chuckle out of me:

America, where a cop who pulls a gun on some kids at the pool gets paid leave, but a woman who gives birth does not.

Edited by Duckus
  • Like 1

Fair enough. TWA isnt "defending" the cop - only implying that it really want that bad....

it could have been worse.

or it could have been avoided

the cop could have ignored her , she could have listened.

choices

if you are a possible witness to a crime police here in Texas can demand your name.address and date of birth , giving false info is a crime.

you can of course refuse, and they can detain you if they choose.

Detain you for what? Refusing to provide ID when you're not being lawfully detained or arrested isn't a crime. They'd need another reason to detain you besides "it annoys me that he won't give me his ID and knows his rights".

Detain you for what? Refusing to provide ID when you're not being lawfully detained or arrested isn't a crime. They'd need another reason to detain you besides "it annoys me that he won't give me his ID and knows his rights".

hindering or interfering with the police in their duties is a crime

Sec. 38.15. INTERFERENCE WITH PUBLIC DUTIES. (a) A person commits an offense if the person with criminal negligence interrupts, disrupts, impedes, or otherwise interferes with:

(1) a peace officer while the peace officer is performing a duty or exercising authority imposed or granted by law

hindering or interfering with the police in their duties is a crime

Sec. 38.15. INTERFERENCE WITH PUBLIC DUTIES. (a) A person commits an offense if the person with criminal negligence interrupts, disrupts, impedes, or otherwise interferes with:

(1) a peace officer while the peace officer is performing a duty or exercising authority imposed or granted by law

The problem with that is not providing your ID is not criminal negligence. Texas ID laws specifically states that a witness to a crime is not required to show ID when requested if they choose not to. Key part of what you posted is an Officer doesnt have authority granted by law to demand ID from a witness, especially since the written law says the exact opposite.

• Like 1