Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Grilling and Cooking Thread

steve09ru

There are a lot of junk products on info-mercials. But they're not ALL bad. I was and still am a big fan of the old RonCo rotisserie ovens. I've had some amazing food come out of those.

I also was gifted a set of those pullstring veggie choppers. I really like them for quick and easy dicing.

There are a lot of junk products on info-mercials. But they're not ALL bad. I was and still am a big fan of the old RonCo rotisserie ovens. I've had some amazing food come out of those.

I also was gifted a set of those pullstring veggie choppers. I really like them for quick and easy dicing.

I'll agree with some of those choppers...not the Vince slap chop...I don't love his nuts but some are pretty decent.

RonCo was really hit or miss.  I have some redneck family members, without means for an oven, and they went all in on RonCo.  Quite a few were pieces of crap.

20 bucks

As seen on TV

It's installments of 20 bucks.

It's 74.99 if you get it from the spot.

But you've been a details guy since you've been here, so...

Edited by DC9
  • Like 1

Actually, I lied.  I have some nose hair trimmers from the as seen on tv store and they are pretty legit.

I have a RonCo Rotisserie that I got as a gift a few years back.  I had no idea that was from an infomercial.  I love cooking a rump roast or some wings in that bad boy.  I'd recommend that to anybody who loves cooking meat.

• Like 1

So your wife go ripped off on a piece of crap pan and you're getting all huffy with me?

Brool cory sto

That's the post of the day.

1) I asked for the pan.

2) It's not 20.00

3) Go home, you're drunk

:lol:

• Like 1

I have a RonCo Rotisserie that I got as a gift a few years back.  I had no idea that was from an infomercial.  I love cooking a rump roast or some wings in that bad boy.  I'd recommend that to anybody who loves cooking meat.

SET IT!

AAAANNNDD FORGET IT!!!!

That's the post of the day.

1) I asked for the pan.

2) It's not 20.00

3) Go home, you're drunk

:lol:

Would you like me to link you to a post where the Copper Chef is 20 bucks?

Oh that's right..you never indicated that she got you the super duper extra expensive Crapper Chef.

http://www.asseenontvwebstore.com/Copper-Chef-10-p/copperchef-10.htm?gclid=CJqO2-bI4cwCFddahgod7NUOHw

How many's pots have you smoken?

Would you like me to link you to a post where the Copper Chef is 20 bucks?

Oh that's right..you never indicated that she got you the super duper extra expensive Crapper Chef.

http://www.asseenontvwebstore.com/Copper-Chef-10-p/copperchef-10.htm?gclid=CJqO2-bI4cwCFddahgod7NUOHw

How many's pots have you smoken?

Pimp sauce... that's not the one I'm talking about.  That one isn't ceramic-lined.

http://www.amazon.com/Tristar-Products-KC15053-04000-Piece-Copper/dp/B01BDTWYOQ

Again... when you're new, you need to read more and post less.

Why cook meet on the grill then cover it with bottled sauce?  That's like making fresh pasta and putting ragu on it. 

my son in law dumps A-1 over steaks....he needs excommunicated or exorcised

I now serve him boneless chicken breasts

• Like 4

RE: copper pans.

I've never owned a full copper set, But I do have a couple copper bottom stainless skillets. Way better than anything else I've tried. I tried a ceramic "Green pan" one time. It was good for a while, then my wife (who cooks too high) scorched something to it. In a moment of desperation and frustration I used a brillo pad. Ruined. Stuck on every time after that. Also, sticking is usually caused by uneven heating. If you have a coil type range, they often become uneven over the years. If you have the other type of range or gas, use a copper bottom stainless pan and make sure its heated good throughout and it won't stick with a little oil.

my son in law dumps A-1 over steaks....he needs excommunicated or exorcised

I now serve him boneless chicken breasts

Next time, grab his plate back like the Soup Nazi and go wash off his steak and slap it back on the grill to cleanse it.

• Like 1

Jurgen!

Well, if you're buying that kind of stuff and you're short on cash... I can recommend a decent ceramic set for you that I bought for my sister.  It's worked well and lasted her over 5 years.  Cooks pretty evenly, too.  If not, defo go with the cast iron.

I've never owned a full copper set, But I do have a couple copper bottom stainless skillets. Way better than anything else I've tried. I tried a ceramic "Green pan" one time. It was good for a while, then my wife (who cooks too high) scorched something to it. In a moment of desperation and frustration I used a brillo pad. Ruined.

Yeah, the green pan was awful.  I think that lasted me less than a month.  You could tell when you first pick it up that it was a POS because of how lite it was.

I'm a huge cast iron fan.  I even have a couple of the ceramic-lined cast iron pans that I use specifically to put in the oven (they come with their own lid, too, pretty sweet).  I'm just trying to find something that looks more pleasing but may serve the same purpose.

I've never owned a full copper set, But I do have a couple copper bottom stainless skillets. Way better than anything else I've tried. I tried a ceramic "Green pan" one time. It was good for a while, then my wife (who cooks too high) scorched something to it. In a moment of desperation and frustration I used a brillo pad. Ruined. Stuck on every time after that. Also, sticking is usually caused by uneven heating. If you have a coil type range, they often become uneven over the years. If you have the other type of range or gas, use a copper bottom stainless pan and make sure its heated good throughout and it won't stick with a little oil.

Well, you have to use a lot of heat to brown stuff and it's going to stick to your pans. If you're cooking on the range and you burn something in your pan, just deglaze it with some sort of tasty liquid like wine or broth or stock and scrape up the browned bits and then you've got a nice sauce and it's easy to clean afterward. The principle of combining heat and liquid to clean works the same if you are pulling a pot out of the oven too.

I use a cast iron skillet and dutch oven for my reactive cookware and never really have trouble with sticking or burning. I like them because I am lazy and they are super easy to clean and maintain. For nonreactive cookware I just use stainless steel. Copper is too expensive and hard to maintain.

• Like 2

dutch oven

I'll leave it alone.

I have a few Calphalon pans.  Those have been great and I have zero problems with sticking.

I also have an omelet pan that I think anyone should own who loves breakfast as much as myself.  I think it's made by Nordic Ware?

folding-omelette-pan.jpg

Well, you have to use a lot of heat to brown stuff and it's going to stick to your pans. If you're cooking on the range and you burn something in your pan, just deglaze it with some sort of tasty liquid like wine or broth or stock and scrape up the browned bits and then you've got a nice sauce and it's easy to clean afterward. The principle of combining heat and liquid to clean works the same if you are pulling a pot out of the oven too.

I use a cast iron skillet and dutch oven for my reactive cookware and never really have trouble with sticking or burning. I like them because I am lazy and they are super easy to clean and maintain. For nonreactive cookware I just use stainless steel. Copper is too expensive and hard to maintain.

Yeah, I deglaze my stainless pans. Don't try it with el cheapo non-stick pans though. My wife warped one she bought for herself. Haha. Cuisenart or Le Crueset make decent ceramic dutch ovens. I've had my Cuisenart 5qt for 16 years.

Yeah, I deglaze my stainless pans. Don't try it with el cheapo non-stick pans though. My wife warped one she bought for herself. Haha. Cuisenart or Le Crueset make decent ceramic dutch ovens. I've had my Cuisenart 5qt for 16 years.

I don't like non-stick pans. Too easy to mess up. Plus I like cooking with fats so I never really have a need for a non-stick surface.

Those Le Creuset dutch ovens are the best. Heirloom pieces. But they were too expensive for me. I got a much cheaper cast iron one without the enameling on it and I like it. It's heavy as hell but that works for me because my girlfriend doesn't use it anyway. Plus I like having the option of being able to use it on a grill or campfire, if I ever wanted to make gumbo or potatoes or something. But the main reason I like it is because I don't trust myself to not crack the enameling on a nice one.

The only downside is you're technically not supposed to cook acidic food in it for long periods of time whereas you can cook anything you want in an enameled one. I do it anyway though. I make pulled pork in it and I use a lot of vinegar for the liquid in the dish and that thing cooks for hours. I haven't really noticed a problem with the seasoning on it so, why not?

If you skimp on pots and pans it's the same as skimping on knives.  You get what pay for.  I have found, as long as you don't have to have a matching set, that Marshall's and Ross have great deals on fancy cookware.  All-Clad, Cuisinart, etc are much, much better but too pricey for me at BB&B.  I have a Calphalon non-stick that has actually lasted almost 10 years and it still works great with no flaking.  Unheard of for the cheap ones.  

Edited by KAOSkins
  • Like 2

If you skimp on pots and pans it's the same as skimping on knives.  You get what pay for.  I have found, as long as you don't have to have a matching set, that Marshall's and Ross have great deals on fancy cookware.  All-Clad, Cuisinart, etc are much, much better but too pricey for me at BB&B.  I have a Calphalon non-stick that has actually lasted almost 10 years and it still works great with no flaking.  Unheard of for the cheap ones.  

Good post and I agree.  You totally get what you pay for and I have an old Calphalon too.

I like mixed and matched pans and all clad is certainly superior.  The nickel chromium mix (18/10) and the ply of the pan is essential.

They feel more affordable if you buy one at a time and collect a good set.

• Like 1