Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

David Amerson is the worst CB in football according to PFF

aqq

I also tend to believe it was a sophomore slump. I hope he comes back next year and looks at the way Breeland plays and gets more physical. I tend to believe Hazlett has not designed a scheme to match his talent, which is why I really hope he is gone.

Sophomore slump? Don't you have to have a good 1st yr before we say sophomore slump. Haz doesn't have a great scheme but come on with Amerson. The guy is a liability in coverage and shouldn't be on a NFL field. 

I believe nothing PFF says they also said our OLine wasn't that bad which makes me believe they don't watch this team at all..

They gave our RT and LG some of the worst grades for OL. I thinks that pretty accurate. 

Wasn't DeAngelo Hall the worst CB last year?

Badge of honor for our incumbent DC.

Not last year, but the year before

Redskins’ DeAngelo Hall was among the best corners of 2013

In 2012 He gave up the second most yards in the league with 1045.

He gave up 75 catches (second in the NFL) and three touchdowns.

67% of all passes thrown at him were completed, tied for 12th worsed

He committed 7 penalties which ranked among the bottom 20 in the NFL.

I blame Haslett for having derailed Amerson's season and Gruden for the same thing about Robert. Wish Kyle was still around.

Rest assured he was not used to his strengths. To close out the year, Haslett ignored his own successes and went flaccid against romoSUCKS, and of course played his carlos corners off. 

I am not sure how PFF garners insider info to decipher the bizarre responsibilities in Haslett's defense. And gaffes. 

All our DBs looked lost at times. Breeland our lone bright spot in coverage.The most horrendous plays our defense gave up, there was no defender in sight. Did they pin some of those on Amerson perhaps? If not, who? 

Sure he had a rough year but the entire team did. With Hall injured early, he quickly became our vet corner. No one expected him to be a #1 corner as a sophomore. 

I would give up on Haslett and Morris before Amerson.

Sophomore slump? Don't you have to have a good 1st yr before we say sophomore slump. Haz doesn't have a great scheme but come on with Amerson. The guy is a liability in coverage and shouldn't be on a NFL field.

I disagree, he didn't have a great year, however, he came out of college touted as a physical corner. For whatever reason, our corners don't play physical at all (until Breeland). he is our 2nd best corner on the team so........wait......just realized how much that statement sucks.....I give up. I guess time will tell.

You also have to realize how nonsensical Haslett's philosophy is.  Haslett loves zero coverage and mass blitzes.  This forces the QB to throw quickly to avoid pressure.  So, to compliment his rush, he plays the defensive backs ten yards off the receivers meaning that the passer always has an outlet.

His blitz strategy is nullified by his coverage strategy. It's part of why his defenses suck.  You can't blitz seven and play prevent with four and expect good results.

The problem with Amerson, among many things, is he just appears to have no football sense.  He takes terrible angles, doesnt appear to know how to tackle, or find the ball in coverage.  He looks lost all the time.  Now Breeland looks like a guy who was born to play football.  My prediction is Breeland is a future pro-bowler, and Amerson is out of the league in 4 years.  This team will only be better if Amerson is our #4 CB at best next season.

People take their ratings way too seriously. Particularly their DB rankings, which are pretty much a joke.

That said, Amerson isn't that good. It's probably time to try him at FS.

It's time to get a real CB.

.FS no thanks I'd rather have a speedy hard hitting tackler here...I wouldn't move Amerson anywhere but out of the D.C. METRO AREA!

Archived