Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

More than just a W- this game needs to be RG3's Rebirth

Riggo-toni

I actually agree with you. I would like to see 2012 RGIII again, I think we all would

So when Tampa beat Pittsburgh, and Ben had a sub standard game, would you classify him as a bum since he didn't dominate the Bucs? Anything can happen, week to week, I'm not looking for Griff to be superman, just play a good game that results in a win. You guys looking at it as it's either all pro performance or bust need to check your expectations at the door.

So when Tampa beat Pittsburgh, and Ben had a sub standard game, would you classify him as a bum since he didn't dominate the Bucs? Anything can happen, week to week, I'm not looking for Griff to be superman, just play a good game that results in a win. You guys looking at it as it's either all pro performance or bust need to check your expectations at the door.

I don't want to be insulting, but what you said was just flat out dumb. Big Ben is a 2 time SB winning QB and is most likely a hall of famer. RGIII has way more to prove than Big Ben.

And why shouldn't we expect greatness from the #2 overall pick?

I don't want to be insulting, but what you said was just flat out dumb. Big Ben is a 2 time SB winning QB and is most likely a hall of famer. RGIII has way more to prove than Big Ben.

I'm glad you got my point as it was meant to be sarcastic and dumb. I meant it as you read it.. Any QB can have an off game any Sunday. And if RG3 doesn't have an earth shattering game, it doesn't mean he is a bum either.

I'm glad you got my point as it was meant to be sarcastic and dumb. I meant it as you read it.. Any QB can have an off game any Sunday. And if RG3 doesn't have an earth shattering game, it doesn't mean he is a bum either.

No one is saying he needs an earth shattering game, but what we'd like to see is a nice efficient game with zero bone-headed INT's with a W.Its been a long time since he has won.

I think we need more than just a re-birth of RG3......we need the defense to go out and do what they did to a similarly awful team in the Jags.

I really don't want to have that "oh no here it comes" feeling in the 4th quarter if say we are up or go up by a TD or less, but there is perhaps, 3-5 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

No one is saying he needs an earth shattering game, but what we'd like to see is a nice efficient game with zero bone-headed INT's with a W.Its been a long time since he has won.

Then say this... What has been said is pretty much that he needs to set the world on fire. Go back and read this thread and the countless threads on the expectations of RG3.

Bottom line is, I think we all want the same, wins and decent play, no mental mistakes from the QB.

He needs to show he is the best player on the field when he is playing...no more excuses.

Everyone saying decent play from RG3 have lost their damn mind...He has started over Thirty games and needs to start showing elite qb skills,not average qb skills...

I miss Kleese's threads on fan memories of games against the opponent of the week, because we've had some doozies against Tampa in the past five years:

2012: at Tampa, blow 21-3 lead before RG3 leads us down to GWFG

2010: rainy day late in season at FedEx, we score what appears to be tying TD very late but oh wait, still need extra point, which turns into a calamity

2009: early season game against pitiful Bucs team, we are down 10-0 at half and getting booed before rallying to a dreadful 16-13 win

I totally disagree with the sentiment of this thread. This would all be well and fine if it werent just his 2nd game back after missing 6 weeks and only his 3rd game all year. The facts are that we should beat TB and I expect RG3 to play well. Will he play great? Its possible but not a guarantee. However, we should just about win either way.

The next 2 weeks after this game needs to be RG3's rebirth because we wont beat SF or Ind unless he's back to being RG3. Dont go crazy just yet. You can give him one more game to get back to game speed and knock some rust offf. Judge him the week after at SF and the week after at Ind. Those 2 games will decide our season and how the haterz will feel about RG3 going forward

Yada, yada, yada ... Same old tune

We do have 52 other players on this team right? It's not all about RG3. You are right this game is more than just a W. We need our rookies and younger players to perform. We need to see if Hankerson can come back and perform. Would love to see Alfred get over 100. I want to see Jordan Reed ball out and have his best game of his young career. Would love to see Breeland have another shut down game. Stop, please stop, with the RG3 threads.

We do have 52 other players on this team right? It's not all about RG3. You are right this game is more than just a W. We need our rookies and younger players to perform. We need to see if Hankerson can come back and perform. Would love to see Alfred get over 100. I want to see Jordan Reed ball out and have his best game of his young career. Would love to see Breeland have another shut down game. Stop, please stop, with the RG3 threads.

[/quot

e]

What a pathetic excuse..do you realize he has only thrown 1 td in two games? that is below average for even a decent qb..yeah he can move the ball between the twenties,but he sucks in the redzone.

1) We should expect greatness against the Bucs from the #2 overall pick...but not from a 2-time Super Bowl winning QB?

2) It's ok if a 2-time SB winning QB underperforms against the Bucs, but it's not OK if a 3rd year QB does?

3) Griffin has "way more to prove", and you feel he'll be able to "prove" it in one game against the Bucs?

The reality is that it's one billion percent asinine to think that playing the Bucs will guarantee an impressive outing by any worthwhile QB. Looking for RG3 to have a "rebirth" against them is a huge waste of time. Griffin's development is most definitely not a game-to-game situation. Consistency in his production is what's desired, not single-game "rebirths" against teams that fans foolishly consider to be defensive doormats.

I hope it's not 4 because if he's throwing 57 times that means the defense has absolutely crapped the bed again.

That one was Drew Brees against the laughably horrid Bucs' pass defense.

1) We should expect greatness against the Bucs from the #2 overall pick...but not from a 2-time Super Bowl winning QB?

2) It's ok if a 2-time SB winning QB underperforms against the Bucs, but it's not OK if a 3rd year QB does?

3) Griffin has "way more to prove", and you feel he'll be able to "prove" it in one game against the Bucs?

Again I don't think anyone should get carried away with anything he "has to" do in this game or any such hyperbole. But he certainly has a lot left to prove this year and this is one of the final 7 games for him to do it in. This would certainly for a good moment for him to start proving his worth.

-Griffin has yet to firmly prove he is the guy to be the starter for this team going forward or earn his next contract, much less be the superstar that it needs.

-Roethlisberger is in the middle of a Hall of Fame, multi-title winning career, and a season with one of the best stretches in NFL history.

Are you seriously suggesting you don't understand why it would more important for Griffin to have a good game?

Ok, when Griffin wins two superbowls and throws for 6 tds in consecutive weeks, he can get a pass for losing to tampa.

[/quot

e]

What a pathetic excuse..do you realize he has only thrown 1 td in two games? that is below average for even a decent qb..yeah he can move the ball between the twenties,but he sucks in the redzone.

A pathetic excuse for what? I'm not giving any excuses for RG3. I'm just simply saying all of these RG3 threads are getting tiresome. I feel like I'm on a fan's website solely dedicated to Robert Griffin. It's getting old. I would rather talk about our other players on the team. It is a TEAM game. If you want me to agree he needs to have a "rebirth", then I have to disagree.

He just needs to show that he can win the damn game. I want to see zero turnovers and some attitude. You can tell he's hesitant and doesn't feel as comfortable as he once did. I think he's going to get back on track, but it doesn't necessarily have to happen against the Bucs. Are you forgetting that last week was his first game back after missing 2 months?

Rg3 could throw a TD, rush for a TD, return a kick for a TD, and intercept a pass and return it 99 yards for a game winning TD and people would still say "yeah but can he ever become a pocket passer" or "well, it was against Tampa...."

Such a cop out. This is the same stuff we heard about Campbell for years. Andrew Luck is a top 5 qb and were still asking if RG3 can be  a pocket passer. We stuck with Campbell for too long and at the end people were still saying "we need to just get him an oline!!!!". Aaron Rodgers and Big Ben don't let it bother them. 

I hope RG3 has a huge game and makes his claim to the position but a Campbellesque performance of 200 yds and 1 td wouldnt surprise me. Of course RG3 is never going to play awful but he needs to step it up and play like a franchise qb and not a league average one. 

Smh...seriously. a cop out to point out factually, the many sentiments that have been exemplified on this board? The sentiments rooted in hyperbole, & fan speak, & nary a single iota of logic or football acumen to account for?

Your entire rebuttal was complete gobbledygook.

As for the premise of the thread & the many who support it...stop. just stop. I can tell you at least 2 people who disagree with you today & would be willing to stake my life on it. It should be noted that these 2 people are not only the only ones that matter on this subject, but who also possess far more football knowledge in their ear hair than anyone else on this board. Can you guess who those 2 are? Yup...Jay Gruden, & Sean McVay.

I can all but assure you that they would disagree (to quote Califan) 1 billion percent with the notion that Robert "needs" to do anything other than go out there, show improvement & consistency, take care of the football, & don't make bad decisions.

If he does this week to week here on out & we still come away 6-10, or 7-9 i would be pretty excited about our prospects. If he can accomplish just this, if but one day at a time, then we can start to think about him jumping over the next hurdle in 2015. His sample size is way too small to pass these sort of judgements...recent history included. None of that has anything to do with the price of tea in China.

But go ahead...tell me why flexing his epic muscles vs TB will suddenly convince you of anything other than that you would STILL need to see it play out consistently over the rest of the season?

Just a heads up guys and gals I echo several other folks sentiments over the 7000 RG3 threads. I truly feel the micro analyzing of his game by game stats is somewhat irrelevant and even maddening. He's 2 1/2 years into in NFL career. To say he is or isn't worth it right now means nothing.

There was a two time super bowl champion QB who plays in our division that didn't have a QB rating over 80 under year five of his career and he's still playing.....Eli Manning. I'm not saying he is/was the best ever. I'm just saying is pump brakes and see what develops. We are so knee jerk it drives me nuts.

Yea, the "how come SB winner/MVP/obvious proven player gets a pass vs. TB but RG3 doesn't" logic has made 0 sense to me months ago and makes just as little sense now.

Case in point, after week 1, I got bombarded by people when I made the exact point about Aaron Rodgers against SEA vs RG3 against HOU.  And guess what, 10 weeks later, GB is deep in the playoff discussion and Rodgers is a true MVP candidate, and RG3 is 0 for the calendar year with 1 TD and 1 INT and had another injury this season so has only finished 2 losses.  It's a very basic concept that goes beyond even football MBs, it's a concept of 1 person having equity by proving consistency and excellence over a long period of time, and one person who hasn't.  An MVP player became an MVP player because they don't give a darn pass to himself week after week and demand excellence all the time anyway.  Faltering once is not the same as going 0 for the calendar year. Also, this circumstance is even more dire (and obvious) than the week 1 situation.  Because, we aren't 0-1 with a full season ahead of us, we are 3-6 with no room for error whatsoever in order to sniff the playoffs.

Someone who was late to work 1 time in 20 years gets a pass more than someone who's late three times a week.  It's a very basic concept logically, I mean, come on. 

Like how others said in this thread, obviously, we are going to "take" a win either way, but this game now, is even more important than the MIN game, since a single loss at this point would take us out of the playoff picture almost certainly.  Playing either average, poorly, or bad, even in a win, is not going to be a good litmus test for down the stretch. Because, we go from TB to SF and then IND, it's not as if we go TB to JAX and OAK.  That's also a factor in needing a "rebirth" this particular week.

Whoever wins PHI vs. GB is pretty much guaranteed a spot, and the other will still be in a prime position for a WC, Dal is 7-3, Det is 7-2, Sea is 6-3, Ari is 8-1, SF is 5-4.  These aren't questionable teams that we are trying to catch up to. 

Being critical of RG3's game is also predicated on the whole team's success of making the playoffs.  We need "above and beyond" RG3, the 2012 version, to even sniff it.  Don't see the problem in that.

Every other discussion on the MB at this moment is cut and dry, so it's no surprise that there are too many RG3 threads to people's liking.  Haslett, GM, Safeties, OL, etc, all are pretty much figured out in terms of the necessity or lack thereof for continuous discussion.  RG3 is the young QB, he gets the most traffic.

Every other discussion on the MB at this moment is cut and dry, so it's no surprise that there are too many RG3 threads to people's liking.  Haslett, GM, Safeties, OL, etc, all are pretty much figured out in terms of the necessity or lack thereof for continuous discussion.  RG3 is the young QB, he gets the most traffic.

If you think its bad now, what about the next two weeks when the Skins are playing the 49ers with Kaep and the Colts with Luck?   I'm just envisioning the comparison threads....................

Archived