Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Holy HTTR!

Burgold

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I'm still pysched over this game!! What a win!

Breeland deserves the game ball and a whole lot more. Dude played lights out when we needed him to step up the most. Got a ton of potential!

And Colt, wow! Completed 83% of his passes. Incredible! Good for him!

Which actually speaks to Jay.  Lot of love deservedly being tossed around for Colt, Desean, Reed, Compton, Breeland, Amerson, even Merriweather and Riley today... but, Gruden came up with a game plan that his third QB could execute and look strong in doing so.  The offense didn't look masterful, but when you realize that was the number three with a back up right tackle whom the coaches thought was worse than Polumbus.... that was an awfully fine job.

That was just a "Wow!!" game.  Just when I thought this season and this team were dead, they show a pulse and come back to life with a vengeance.  Couldn't have picked a better opponent either!  With games against two weaker teams coming up, a return to .500 is definitely possible.  I'd love to see 'em build on this momentum they've got going! 

Oh, another great moment that has gotten lost in the mix.  Akeem Davis, a safety that I affectionately think of as yoyo (because he keeps going to the practice squad and back) makes a perfect, clean, brilliant, and brutal hit on the punt returner a second after the ball is caught.  As always, a flag is thrown, but this time... amazingly, the refs pick it up.  They allow a football play to stand!

How often have we seen a ref throw a flag and announce...

"Good play by the Redskins. That'll be a fifteen yard penalty and a first down!"

Which actually speaks to Jay.  Lot of love deservedly being tossed around for Colt, Desean, Reed, Compton, Breeland, Amerson, even Merriweather and Riley today... but, Gruden came up with a game plan that his third QB could execute and look strong in doing so.  The offense didn't look masterful, but when you realize that was the number three with a back up right tackle whom the coaches thought was worse than Polumbus.... that was an awfully fine job.

Honestly, that's the best coaching job I've seen from the Skins in a very long time. The entire gameplan was perfect. From pressuring Romo, to shutting down Dez, to the entire offense. Everything was perfect. Gruden and yes, even Haslett, deserve a ton of credit for last night.

Every successful new HC needs that game, that moment where his players buy in.

Could this have been the night?

Once you do this, to a good team, on national television, on the road, against all odds, with the 3rd string QB...

Can't you do anything?

We might see a different team every single week now. A team with swagger and balls.

Big brass balls

Just wondering if I was the only one who yelled pretty loudly on that last play of the game?

What a game… In typical romoSUCKS fashion, he was able to avoid the rush/sack and get a pass off but Breeland was there for us.

HTTR

I seriously thought he was going to escape and make the throw too, but when I saw the ball hit the turf, I lost it and let out quite the shriek!!

Never said Weeden was a great player. But they scored on the two possessions he was in. romoSUCKS came back in and looked stiff and shaky.

How many times have you seen an otherwise sucky backup come in and look great on his first series. Change of pace. Eventually, a decent defense catches up. We would have beaten Weeden like a drum, just like we did Romosucks.

Archived