Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

via twitter: Seahawks tired of "Marshawn Lynch's ways"

lol watch the seahawks start sucking because they get belichick syndrome aka get rid of your good players and assume everything will be okay

Yeah, there is something to be said for that but at a certain point you still have to keep good players. I think BB might have gotten a little carried away and it ultimately probably cost him and Brady at least one more Super Bowl.

I'm not as sold on Seattle's drafting and development as others are either. They draft exceptionally well in the secondary for what they want to do but outside of that and the homerun on the Wilson pick...I don't really think they are leagues above others like some think.

To be fair, I would still trade their GM/scouting with ours in a second...

Man, the elite RBs of 2012 have fallen off a damn cliff just 2 years later:

Peterson - All sorts of legal problems, not playing at the moment

Lynch - Seahawks don't want him back

Martin - Bucs are looking to trade him/139 yards, 2.9 yards per carry

Morris - 440 yds and 3.8 yds per carry

dont forget lesean mccoy, whos been killing my fantasy team. 

Is this the media companion story to the Russel Wilson story? Wilson not black enough for Seattle and Lynch "too black" for Seattle (although they won't say those words in the story)? These stories are driving me nuts. There is too much speculative reporting filled with rumors and innuendo. And sadly people jump on every story like it's truth. As others mentioned above, RBs generally burn out quicker than other positions. It's not unreasonable for Seattle to already be looking for another plan. That should be the story. But that makes too much sense, so let's come up with our own speculative reasons.

What are "Lynch's ways" that they are referring to?

I don't get this story at all.  The only "ways" we've ever heard about him is that he suffers from social anxiety and is therefore pretty short with the media-- he got a ton of grief for his behavior during Super Bowl media day last year, but a few reporters finally admitted that he looked incredibly uncomfortable with all those reporters on him.

It'd be a story if he was shamelessly promoting himself at all costs but thats never been the case with him-- the dude just wants to play football.

I'm in total agreement with the folks who are saying Seattle just might be looking at other options.  RBs just don't last in the league anymore and the Seahawks know this firsthand, having watched Shaun Alexander go from All-Pro to Waivers in ~2 years.

Yeah they are sure tired of how he drives the offense. Uh-huh, right.

so funny ... but I don't think the Hawks are in doubts about him on field ... 

I got a feeling that if this meat head is capable of stuff like this, this and stuff like this, his overall off field character is questionable. 

Now that can be said about a lot of players, I get it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in total agreement with the folks who are saying Seattle just might be looking at other options.  RBs just don't last in the league anymore and the Seahawks know this firsthand, having watched Shaun Alexander go from All-Pro to Waivers in ~2 years.

this is all it is.

all the other stuff is a smear campaign to make it easier to release him this off-season so they do not have to pay him 8 million next season.

Archived