Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Michael Sam - Should we?

Diesel Hog

sam apparently cant do anything but sack the QB. and we play the cowboys this week, who just released him. 

and we think he cant possibly play here?

okeedokee.

I guess you know better than our entire organization because Sam remains on the street this morning.

Guys, I started this thread to be a smart ass.  We've had lots of "should we" threads in the past, and I figured I'd beat on a dead horse some is all.  Lock 'er up mods.  

I hope it doesn't get locked and you've got to sit here and look at what you did, like a kid in the corner, forced to sit in his pee pants.

Charlie Ward won the Heisman and he wasn't even drafted.

College QB who made it clear he was going to the NBA before the draft. Good example.

Again, there are very few if any college systems that a DE will play in that won't translate to the NFL. QB is an entirely different story. The Eric Crouches and Jason Whites of the world played in systems and had skillsets that didn't work in the pros. An SEC DPOY doesn't have that same issue.

So we shouldn't sign a guy that may be able to provide depth because some clowns on NFL Network will talk about it?

Guys, we shouldn't let RG3 play again this year, NFL Network will talk about it!

If his talent was great enough to warrant the drama that he will cause, then maybe you bring him in. But it is not. So why add the distraction for someone that can't stay on a team's practice squad? I'm not saying that he shouldn't get a chance elsewhere, but I don't think that this organization can handle him right now. 

If his talent was great enough to warrant the drama that he will cause, then maybe you bring him in. But it is not. So why add the distraction for someone that can't stay on a team's practice squad? I'm not saying that he shouldn't get a chance elsewhere, but I don't think that this organization can handle him right now. 

Again, what drama has he caused? Can someone show me?

Again, what drama has he caused? Can someone show me?

I should have worded that differently. I'm not saying that he himself always directly causes drama. But the media runs with any story they can get about him. Has any other practice squad player ever gotten as much attention from the media as he has?

I should have worded that differently. I'm not saying that he himself always directly causes drama. But the media runs with any story they can get about him. Has any other practice squad player ever gotten as much attention from the media as he has?

Again, that was right after he was drafted. Have you heard anyone talk about him in the past 6 weeks?

Once he's on a team there is no story. His release was the first time people have talked about him since the Cowboys signed him. It's not the offseason anymore where there's very little to talk about. Between the actual games and the domestic violence issues the league has been dealing with the media doesn't have any time or desire to rehash a dead story about a guy kept out of sight and out of mind on a practice squad.

I mean, do you seriously expect more inane showering questions?

When you are 2-5, and you have no depth, you should consider (I didn't say bring in everyone, consider) everyone as a potential replacement for someone who is just taking up space on your roster. Looking at our roster, you can quickly name a few who can be ut today and the fan base would thank the FO.

When you are 2-5, and you have no depth, the FO should consider anyone avail (I didn't say bring in everyone, consider) as a potential replacement for those who are just taking up space on the roster. Looking at the current roster, we can all quickly name a few who can be cut today and the fan base would thank the FO.

When you are 2-5, and you have no depth, you should consider (I didn't say bring in everyone, consider) everyone as a potential replacement for someone who is just taking up space on your roster. Looking at our roster, you can quickly name a few who can be ut today and the fan base would thank the FO.

But why Sam? I'm sure there are better prospects walking the street than him, who aren't currently on any rosters, practice or otherwise.  The only reason this is even a story is because of the social justice aspect.  That's it. 

He smallish, plays 4-3, slow-footed.  He was released from the Rams' practice squad (his home state) and the Cowboys'.  No other team has deemed him fit for a ps spot (yet).  Sure, he had a lot of sacks in the SEC, but who was playing on the other side of the line with him?

Hopefully, he'll go up to Canada, get some experience and learn some tricks to compensate for his talent shortcomings, and do a Cameron Wake or at least make a squad down here.  Or not. If the former happens, and he becomes a beast, well, welcome back to the NFL.  Either way, until either happens, I don't give a damn.

I don't want the Redskins to waste a spot on the practice squad just so some folks can feel good about themselves.

Archived