Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Via twitter: Wes Welker suspended the first 4 games for violating PED policy

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora 7m

As many have reported, and ESPN reported first, Wes Welker suspended the 1st four games of the season for violating league's PED policy

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk 7m

Source: Welker took Molly at the Kentucky Derby. It had been cut with amphetamines. Same situation as Orlando Scandrick.

Denver Broncos wide receiver Wes Welker has been suspended for the first four games of the 2014 season, CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora has confirmed. Welker was suspended for violating the NFL policy on performance-enhancing substances.

The Broncos' first four games of the season are against Indianapolis, Kansas City, at Seattle and at home against Arizona. Because the Broncos have a Week 4 bye, Welker won't be able to return until Week 6.

According to FoxSports.com, the Broncos have known since before training camp that Welker might be suspended, but the team was holding out hope that he'd win his appeal. Obviously, Welker didn't win the appeal, and now he can't return to the team until Oct. 6.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24692023/report-broncos-wr-wes-welker-suspended-four-games

I thought it was amphetamine? And living in Denver, I'm listening to local sports talk right this moment. They're saying it was Molly

On mobile so I can't post the pics, but the shots of him at the Derby with sunglasses covering his eyes, handing out 100s to strangers makes a whole lot of sense now. They probably saw those and scheduled a test right away.

Archived