Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pre-Season Game #3 Preview and Discussion

darrelgreenie

You just said red and gold.

Red

Red

Haha sorry, didn't mean to offend the uniform police. Also, I believe some tweets I've seen the past two games have said red jerseys and gold pants. But I could be mistaken. Wouldn't be the first time.

He's colorblind but doesn't like to talk about it.

Red and burgundy just merge as one.

He knew what he meant.

Hail.

Even if I did say red, doesn't make me less of a huge redskins fan. I mean I'm no Jim zorn.

Wait... you guys actually remember this stuff?

Yep :) I have a pretty good memory. I remember stuff from when I was 2. It freaks my family out sometimes.

I knowing running is an important part of football, but a team has to be able to pass as well, which is a bit more complicated, and needs more practice. There is a tradeoff in preseason, use it little in games and hide it from Houston's DC, or risk not practicing it at all in live fire, and hope it works week 1. 

With all the rule changes to aid in the passing game, I think a coach would be wise to consider going a bit more pass happy than he would in previous years. The highly publicized pounding backs take, could also be eased. 

I for one don't mind risking teams knowing that we may run hurry up, and practicing it tonight. Heck, if we don't plan on using it, why not practice it tonight as a 2 minute drill. If we do plan on using HU this year, I am sure Houston will be ready for it, since so many other opponents use it. Not using it in preseason, gives us a little edge at best. 

Wait! Dougie Worthington is no longer here?

Awwww man. There'd better be no more bad surprises or I may kick a puppy.

And I love puppy's. 

Hail.

If someone hasn't told you about the "best pass rusher on the team" yet then I hope people hide their puppies.... :)

Has the tweet been posted yet about what color jerseys and pants the team is wearing tonight?

@Rich_TandlerCSN has the team announced their uniform colors for tonight yet?

@Paul_Cumberland they don’t announce, they just show up. I see gold pants, no jerseys yet.

I want to see how tough this team is on offense and defense.  I don't care about the score.  This is the Ravens, and they are the bullies.

I want to see if this team can stand up physically to those guys, and which team is going to walk away with the lunch money.

I don't mean the 4th quarter, I want to see our ones play to the physicality of the Ravens ones.

This is going to tell me a lot about who we are in 2014. 

Not the play calling, but the line play... #52 and #56 being kept clean, taking on blocks, and getting off them without giving ground.

11 men converging on the ball carrier.

Williams vs. Suggs should be fun if that happens.

Chester - show something tonight or make other arrangements if...

LeRibeus, Long, Gettis, or Hurt...Someone please win this starting G job so we can all clearly see it.

Paul Cumberland ‏@Paul_Cumberland 4m

@Rich_TandlerCSN has the team announced their uniform colors for tonight yet?

Rich Tandler ‏@Rich_TandlerCSN 4m

@Paul_Cumberland they don’t announce, they just show up. I see gold pants, no jerseys yet.

The past two weeks around 4:30, some media members were tweeting which color jerseys and pants the team would wear.

As others have mentioned, I am looking for good play in all areas of our game.  The final score is not as important to me as how our team plays in the first half, when most of our first stringers will go against theirs. 

While ST play has improved, it still has some issues as have seen some big plays by the opposing teams especially on kick-offs. 

And look forward to see how Robert plays, and if his growth as a QB under Gruden continues.  God only knows I look for better decision making on sliding, throwing the ball away, and running out of bounds. 

Want to see also who is used in first half.  Do other RB's besides Morris and Helu get a shot vs the Ravens first team?  Would love to see Redd...maybe Seastrunk....get a couple of opportunities.    How about WR's like Grant? 

And no major injuries please.  Heard on the radio that BJ Raji was gone for the year for GB....tough loss during preseason. 

Archived