Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rolling Stone: NFL Asks Musicians for Money to Play Super Bowl

HOF44

Link

Wonder what took so long!

The NFL reportedly asked Katy Perry, Rihanna and Coldplay, their top choices to play the 2015 Super Bowl Halftime Show, if they would be willing to pay the league in order to secure one of the biggest gigs in the world, according to The Wall Street Journal.

I hope they flat out demand payment, of at least a million dollars, to permit them to perform at halftime. 

- (signed) somebody who would prefer it if the NFL ran 20 minutes of Super Bowl commercials, at halftime, rather than what they've been doing. 

I hope they flat out demand payment, of at least a million dollars, to permit them to perform at halftime. 

- (signed) somebody who would prefer it if the NFL ran 20 minutes of Super Bowl commercials, at halftime, rather than what they've been doing. 

Yeah, I was about to say "how dare the NFL ask for a band to pay THEM in order to work", especially since the bands they get usually are in no need of extra exposure and are well known commodities.

Then I thought "who gives a ****, the superbowl halftime show is garbage"

The artists I doubt would ever agree to this, especially post show tour earnings, that's stupid.  These tours are booked months if not years in advance, well before they would even know if they were picked for the superbowl. That said it wouldn't surprise me at all to see the record labels shell out money for this opportunity.  Pay to play was around for years in radio. 

Archived