Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pre-Season Game #2 Preview and Discussion

darrelgreenie

At this point I just want RG3 to have a good showing and shut up all of these QB controversy vultures. I've been listening to 980 and all of the Skins talk has been RG3 vs Cousins.

I couldn't agree more.

Kevin Sheehan is being a real dingdong.

I think he's about to bring up the bleacher report article. The Matt Miller thing.

Eegads

Edit: Russell is kinda debunking it. Thank God.

Okay.  So what I have been looking for in preseason (this season) is mostly what we have as far as depth.   I'm actually excited to see the #2s, #3s, etc.   Depth will be key in this possible playoff season.   Someone will get a booboo.  It happens.  Who will be coming to fill that void, will be key.  As it was when Rob Jackson came in and played amazing for Rak in 2012. 

Do I want to see Pierre and Djax both torch someone for a huge gain?  You bet your sweet ninny!!!   (why did I just say sweet ninny?)

Another thing to watch for, is if the #1s play extremely well.  Let's say we get a defensive TO early (say a David Amerson pick 6 *hint*).  Then we go score on Offense on 2 straight series.   21-0, will Jay pull our starters, even though we know Clevelands #1s will still be in?  Something to think about.  That (IMO) will work in our favor, because our #2s and #3s against #1s will really show us something.  

Finally, I want to see 1 KR or PR go the length.   I want to see a ST TD.  

Finish the game healthy across the board.  Oh yea side note.  If J Reed gets significant time, which I don't see why he won't (haven't heard any injury news on him), I think we see the beast tonight.  5 rec 80yrds TD tonight.  My Jordan Reed prediction.

All of you guys rock and I'm excited to see our team put in some work.   HTTR!!! 

I want Haslett to bring the funk, bring the noise, and attack the living hell out of the QB, and hit the QB as many times as humanly possible.  I want to see so much pressure that the Browns pull both of their QBs so they don't get hurt.

Come on Haslett.  Show that punk kid on the other side you're smarter than a blueberry muffin.  Bring it.  Early. And Often.

That is all.

I am still fixated on the OL.

I think the biggest story line of the preseason will be our OL, and pass protection. For if it works, RG3 will likely dominate, and everything else on this team will fall into place.

Returning 4 of 5 starters, adding 1, beefing 1 up, others may have lost weight, while retaining the same line coach.... will they be able to provide a pocket for our top asset? I am going to need to see it, and tonight is the night to see our OL on display for an extended period against a solid D.

We all know the OL benefited heavily from play action in 2012, 2013 was a trainwreck; a turnstile through the A gaps game after game.

I think the success or failure of our OL heavily dictates our offense. Will Gruden be forced to implement a short quick pass offense, holding back our speedy WRs that struggle vs press? Will he be forced to find time to go deep only by establishing Morris, and using play action like Mike did?  Or go Gibbs and max protect early and often, and keep Roberts and others on the sideline? 

If the OL is having problems particularly with blitz pickups, I want to see Jay go 4 or 5 wide. Make things easier on the OL, by simply limiting the possible blitz packages DCs WILL be bringing in force again this year. And will, until we can stop it.  The time has come for someone to put his foot down.

The one thing I thought we struggled at last week was running right. Would love to see us get better there

That's what I'm worried about for the entire season.  That right side is the weakest link on offense (an it's mostly RG).

It will be interesting to see how our D fairs with Kyle's O.

It's the perfect offense for Kyle, they don't have a RB, so nothing to hold him back from passing every down.

I think Cleveland is setting up Manziel to be their #1.

Then it should turn out to be a complete disaster, which is perfect since Kyle is the coaching version of Terrell Owens.  The Browns will be looking for a new coaching staff in 2 years, regardless of whether or not Manziel has the potential to be a starter.

That being said, I'd love to see big Rak put a hurtin on Johnny Football.

Yesssssss

I think Cleveland is setting up Manziel to be their #1. 

Then it should turn out to be a complete disaster, which is perfect since Kyle is the coaching version of Terrell Owens.  The Browns will be looking for a new coaching staff in 2 years, regardless of whether or not Manziel has the potential to be a starter.

Rotflmao - Jflow78 no need to disparage TO. :lol:

Siren.gif  ****** BREAKING NEWS ******  Siren.gif

Johnny Manziel Forced To Wear Cleveland Browns Jersey In Cruel Rookie Hazing Incident

THIS POST IS A JOKE. THIS IS NOT REAL. Do not believe all that you read on the internets.  The Onion has more in case you do.... 

it's a mike sando article..  don't think it's worth posting..  he talks about griff's best being already behind him based on his dual threat capability being unsustainable... however, he does go on and provide reasons griff can succeed as well, mainly by pointing out him being statistically one of the most productive pocket passers..

it's a mike sando article..  don't think it's worth posting..  he talks about griff's best being already behind him based on his dual threat capability being unsustainable... however, he does go on and provide reasons griff can succeed as well, mainly by pointing out him being statistically one of the most productive pocket passers..

Ya i was just curious at the type of drivel he came up with for that article to deemed insider.

Gameday! @ Fedx Field - Redskins Stadium http://instagram.com/p/r2q1Tlk0T6/ 

10554036_351979601621442_764144599_n.jpg

MNF LETS GO #HTTR #swaggytime

Browns vs. Redskins. Scouts credentialed: Ravens, Steelers, Cowboys, Raiders, Giants, Texans, Panthers, Cardinals, Bills, Buccaneers.

Is this the official preseason game thread? Usually there's one up and ready by now. You guys are slacking! =P

if i remember correctly,last week there was a "pre-season game #1 preview and discussion" thread, and i believe that was used as the gameday thread. so i think this would be for tonight.

Is this the official preseason game thread? Usually there's one up and ready by now. You guys are slacking! =P

if i remember correctly,last week there was a "pre-season game #1 preview and discussion" thread, and i believe that was used as the gameday thread. so i think this would be for tonight.

HapHaszard created the game day thread last week for the Pats game entitled ES Coverage & Game Day Thread for Preseason Game #1 "Brady's scared" Picture link added (Final) so i guess we'll have another one similarly titled before game time...

Gameday! @ Fedx Field - Redskins Stadium http://instagram.com/p/r2q1Tlk0T6/ 

*Forbath's locker, revealing AJ Concords and presumed Gucci bag*

MNF LETS GO #HTTR #swaggytime

Browns vs. Redskins. Scouts credentialed: Ravens, Steelers, Cowboys, Raiders, Giants, Texans, Panthers, Cardinals, Bills, Buccaneers.

I just want to take this time to say that no matter what happens to Kai at the end of preseason, dude has swag, Greatest pair of bball shoes ever created.

Five questions entering the #Redskins' preseason game tonight against the #Browns: http://fw.to/C3Bu4iD 

1. How long will the starters play?
  2. Will any of the running backs seize the third-string role?
  3. How will the offense look with DeSean Jackson and Pierre Garcon?
  4. What can Phillip Thomas do?
  5. Can the defense handle Manziel?

Click link above for more info...

Retweeted by Rashad Ross

Chris Thompson (ankle) getting a workout in. Not expected to play.

BvWiGs5CYAAz5wE.jpg

MNF. #NuffSaid #HTTR

Jason Hatcher working out. He won't play tonight but will against the Ravens. #Redskins

BvWiw2MIMAIfg8d.jpg

#Redskins RB Chris Thompson working out with Ray Wright. He's out tonight.

BvWirycIUAIpKGQ.jpg

RG3 steps onto Fed Ex #redskins

BvWjagWIMAAQ0wc.jpg

I just want to see RG3 light it up to keep the media quiet.  I also want to see Jordan Reed light it up because he's my sleeper this year in fantasy WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!  Is he playing tonight?  No injures tonight, 100% healthy game.

I just want to see RG3 light it up to keep the media quiet.  I also want to see Jordan Reed light it up because he's my sleeper this year in fantasy WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!  Is he playing tonight?  No injures tonight, 100% healthy game.

Last I heard he was all god and ready to roll.

It'll be interesting to see how he matches up with the Browns LB's

First game I will get to watch.  Hoping to see something from Trent Murphy.  If he plays like garbage, I will be concerned it is another wasted pick.

In general I just want to see good play from all our guys, particularly rookies and second year players.

Prediciction: Redskins 20 Browns 17.

Retweeted by CSN Redskins

Jason Hatcher and Stephen Bowen going hard in drills. Bowen is a big man, but Hatch is just a monster #RedskinsTalk

BvWkRNfCcAAWN3n.jpg

Just saw @RGIII and the great Jim Brown meet! Via my CSN camera crew

#mm bm @mm n nnn b mvn

^^ hahaha... i think tarik butt tweeted that one.... :lol:

Bowen and Hatcher heading to locker room. Neither will play. #redskins http://instagram.com/p/r2xHBWS-mJ/ 

10544274_1515147732032611_1367405239_n.j

Archived