Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I want to sue the republican party for willful denial of scientific evidence about climate change.

Mad Mike

Science says that we can clean up coal and oil usage while promoting clean energy and STILL meet or needs.

we have been doing that, just some of us do it better/smarter. :) 

selling out to stupidity doesn't accomplish much.....besides killing the economy and enriching con artists 

Science says that we can clean up coal and oil usage while promoting clean energy and STILL meet or needs.

I think a huge game changer will be the development of energy storage units at home. I'm betting on Elon Musk getting it done.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/13/8033691/why-teslas-battery-for-your-home-should-terrify-utilities

Edited by Hersh

we have been doing that, just some of us do it better/smarter. :)

selling out to stupidity doesn't accomplish much.....besides killing the economy and enriching con artists 

The only stupidity is republican denial and those who buy into it.

Speaking of enriching con artists....

Fossil Fuel Subsidies: Overview - Oil Change InternationalOil Change International

But here's the problem...

The Pentagon and Climate Change: Is National Security at Risk? | Rolling Stone

"Military readiness is already being impacted by sea-level rise," says Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine, who mentions that with all the flooding, it's becoming difficult to sell a house in some parts of Norfolk. If the melting of Greenland and West Antarctica continues to accelerate at current rates, scientists say Norfolk could see more than seven feet of sea-level rise by 2100. In 25 years, operations at most of these bases are likely to be severely compromised. Within 50 years, most of them could be goners. If the region gets slammed by a big hurricane, the reckoning could come even sooner. "You could move some of the ships to other bases or build new, smaller bases in more protected places," says retired Navy Capt. Joe Bouchard, a former commander of Naval Station Norfolk. "But the costs would be enormous. We're talking hundreds of billions of dollars."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-pentagon-climate-change-how-climate-deniers-put-national-security-at-risk-20150212#ixzz3S1UGsm00 

Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Why? Because of crooked republicans like this....

Sen. Ted Cruz: Campaign Finance/Money - Industries - Senator 2014 | OpenSecrets

The only stupidity is republican denial and those who buy into it.

Uh, no, while I'll certainly agree that the GOP seems to have turned catering to stupidity into outright creating it, I'm absolutely certain that they do not have exclusive rights to it.

Uh, no, while I'll certainly agree that the GOP seems to have turned catering to stupidity into outright creating it, I'm absolutely certain that they do not have exclusive rights to it.

Within the context of that "debate" I'll stand by my statement. When it comes to climate change Republicans are the stupid ones.

Now, If you have nothing better to contribute, do me a favor and go pick nits elsewhere.

Within the context of that "debate" I'll stand by my statement. When it comes to climate change Republicans are the stupid ones.

Now, If you have nothing better to contribute, do me a favor and go pick nits elsewhere.

While that narrative sounds great, it just isn't true.

If you actually read what the scientists (not political spokes people, but the people that are actually educated on the issue and are the ones researching it) have to say you'll find that they are quite unhappy with the amount of stupid the far left has spewed on the issue.

In fact, many of them have some blame to toss to the far left's side for muddying the issue and making it as controversial as it is today.

When it comes to climate change, like most political issues, people on both sides have contributed to the stupidity. Sure, it's in different ways and has different impacts, but the contributions exist nonetheless.

I can guarantee you one thing, Mike, sea level rise is definitely a major concern (and talked about subject) at our state DOT level. I suspect the same forward thinking occurs at many of the Pacific and Atlantic Ocean bordering DOTs. 

Oh, I know it is. And republican "leadership" has ignored both military and civilian calls to do something about it because they are corrupt and profit by the hundreds of millions from oil and gas companies.

Ted Cruz alone raked in $946,568 in funds from big oil and gas. THAT WE KNOW OF.

If you actually read what the scientists (not political spokes people, but the people that are actually educated on the issue and are the ones researching it) have to say you'll find that they are quite unhappy with the amount of stupid the far left has spewed on the issue.

In fact, many of them have some blame to toss to the far left's side for muddying the issue and making it as controversial as it is today.

When it comes to climate change, like most political issues, people on both sides have contributed to the stupidity. Sure, it's in different ways and has different impacts, but the contributions exist nonetheless.

I call bull****. Instead of making these claims why don't you show me an example and prove it. 

I call bull****. Instead of making these claims why don't you show me an example and prove it.

read the blogs of the people researching it. you'll find it.

call bull**** all you want. if you can't separate the politicization of the issue from what the actual researches and scientists are saying, that's your problem.

neither side is doing a particularly 'good' job on the issue. they have different issues and one is significantly more malicious than the other (in my opinion) but pretending the issue rests solely on one side is a bit... well, you can finish that however you please.

This isn't quite true.  Scientists tend to be very cautious people and are very hesitant t proclaim any causal relationship or anything with 100% certainty.  However, 99% of the research done in the field seems to be coming up with similar results.  That's about as strong as you can get.

Now, I talked to quite a few scientists who were careful about what the data meant, but almost none that didn't find data indicating very real effects.  The one who spoke to me who argued against climate change and is a leader in the opposition movement has a degree as a physician. He specializes in heart disease.

The science is profound, deep, and telling.  We do not know the exact causation, but denying the data is showing a pattern or trend that is dangerous because of that is sort of like dismissing the thesis to worry about grammar to some extent. Climate deniers are screaming about the missing commas and ignoring the science.

read the blogs of the people researching it. you'll find it.

call bull**** all you want. if you can't separate the politicization of the issue from what the actual researches and scientists are saying, that's your problem.

neither side is doing a particularly 'good' job on the issue. they have different issues and one is significantly more malicious than the other (in my opinion) but pretending the issue rests solely on one side is a bit... well, you can finish that however you please.

Again.. Pure unadulterated bull****.  Blogs?... Really?....  

Here is what REAL scientists say:

Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet

Climate change — European Environment Agency (EEA)

• Like 1

The science is profound, deep, and telling.  We do not know the exact causation, but denying the data is showing a pattern or trend that is dangerous because of that is sort of like dismissing the thesis to worry about grammar to some extent. Climate deniers are screaming about the missing commas and ignoring the science.

I think this is pretty solid evidence of human influence:

Historical Global CO2 Emissions | Center for Climate and Energy Solutions

global-co2-historical-3.png

The Carbon Dioxide Greenhouse Effect

In the 19th century, scientists realized that gases in the atmosphere cause a "greenhouse effect" which affects the planet's temperature. These scientists were interested chiefly in the possibility that a lower level of carbon dioxide gas might explain the ice ages of the distant past. At the turn of the century, Svante Arrhenius calculated that emissions from human industry might someday bring a global warming. Other scientists dismissed his idea as faulty. In 1938, G.S. Callendar argued that the level of carbon dioxide was climbing and raising global temperature, but most scientists found his arguments implausible. It was almost by chance that a few researchers in the 1950s discovered that global warming truly was possible. In the early 1960s, C.D. Keeling measured the level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere: it was rising fast. Researchers began to take an interest, struggling to understand how the level of carbon dioxide had changed in the past, and how the level was influenced by chemical and biological forces. They found that the gas plays a crucial role in climate change, so that the rising level could gravely affect our future. (This essay covers only developments relating directly to carbon dioxide, with a separate essay for Other Greenhouse Gases. Theories are discussed in the essay on Simple Models of Climate.)

Edited by Mad Mike

ya are probably just sick from not being able to file suit

what do Peripheral forebulge mean to you?

Since I haven't actually tried to bring this suit forward, you are once again babbling nonsense in a pitiful attempt at a personal shot at me rather than an intelligent rational debate on the science. Standard for you, and the reason I consider you one step below pond scum.