Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Great win for the guys yesterday. Tough, nip and tuck game throughout.

Glad to see Melo hit the big shot to win after another meh game. Hopefully he can use that to fuel him through the tournaments, cause they're gonna need him to bring it nightly if they want to go anywhere.

Matchups will be key for the postseason. If they get to play guard oriented teams, they've got a shot against anyone. Teams with good bigs guys will eat them up though. Dodd can't rebound, and Bender is a huge liability defensively, as is Gill. 

Gotta win at least a couple, get to the finals, in the B1G tournament to get a 5 seed or better. They'd at least have a shot at the sweet 16 then. 7 seed or worse, it'll be a tough road.

On the girls side, I was bummed that OSU got upset. Winning the tourney is great, but it would have helped their seeding much more had that finals win been over OSU. Plus, I'm sure the girls would have liked some revenge after losing to them a couple weeks ago.

That said, let's go ladies, and make it 3 straight B1G Championships!

• Like 1

They have a better shot of getting far in the tournament as a 6 or 7 seed. 5, 8, or 9 would be tough to go on a run. If they lose in the Big 10 quarters, I could easily see them getting an 8 or 9 seed because of the way the committee views the Big 10

1 hour ago, Fight4RGIII said:

They have a better shot of getting far in the tournament as a 6 or 7 seed. 5, 8, or 9 would be tough to go on a run. If they lose in the Big 10 quarters, I could easily see them getting an 8 or 9 seed because of the way the committee views the Big 10

If you are a 6 or 7 seed, you're gonna face a 2 or 3 in the second round most likely. If you're a 5, it'd be a 4 seed. 

I think there is a far greater chance for a 13 seed to upset a 4, than for a 14 or 15 seed to trip a 2 or 3. Also, with such parity this year at the top, chances are you'll play a much tougher team seeded 2 or 3, than seeded 4. 

Yeah, you'd play a 1 eventually, but I'd rather it be in the Sweet 16, than a 2 or 3, who may be as good or better than that 1 seed, in the second round. 

I'd be very happy with a 4 or 5 seed in the region with either Villanova or Gonzaga as the 1. I think the Terps could give either of those teams some trouble. I'd want to stay away from Kansas and UNC.

Edited by Long n Left

Big night for Terps basketball. Northwestern gonna come in with a chip on their shoulder after the beat down UMD put on em a couple weeks ago.

Win tonight, solidify at least a 6 seed. Win two or more, a 4 or 5 seed should be in the offing. Let's hope the youngsters can hold up under the big game pressure. Hopefully they're too green to understand the implications.

Let's go Terps!

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 1

So nice to see the Terps getting treated like the red headed stepchild in a conference tournament WHEN HOSTING THE ****ING TOURNAMENT.  Trimble got elbowed with no call. Gill was posted and got called for a block. Dodd gets 2 touchy fouls and our guards get mugged on drives. Macintosh grabs Dodds shorts to prevent a jump and gets no call but Cowen touches his jersey and a call. And another ticky tack call on an inbounds play. 

And Trimble gets MUGGED on drive with no call, and Bender gets pegged with his 3rd standing there. 

Edited by Popeman38

Not with the Big 10 officiating crew on hand. No fouls on drives for Trimble. Even on the "block" just now, he caught an elbow to the throat. More contact on that drive than ANY drive NW gets calls on. When the Big10 decides to promote NW over you, you ARE the red headed step child. 

From 44-34 to 64-72. Northwestern outscored MD 38-20 the last 16 minutes of the game. MD played so well to get that 10 point lead, then started playing like garbage on offense. It sucks because the last 2 times MD had the conference tournament in DC, they can't even make it out of the first round. MD can only blame itself for this one. Kudos to Northwestern for playing good defense and making shots.

Turnovers, turnovers. Can't have your two lead guards turn the ball over 11 times and expect to win. Been a problem all year. Melo and Cowan force the dribble penetration, then get stuck. Always looking for the big play, not the easy kick out.

Losing Cekovsky sealed this team's fate. Hopefully Bruno can be the enforcer Dodd isn't, and Morsell can add some more stretch to the perimeter offensively. 

Let's go 2017-18 Terps!

Let's go Terp LAX!

Edited by Long n Left

On 2/22/2017 at 10:15 PM, Fight4RGIII said:

Maryland is gonna end up a 8/9 seed

After seeing Wisconsin as an 8, not great for the Terps. Big 10 isn't very respected by the committee this year. Now we might be looking at a 9/10 seed. Lots of teams seem to be around the 6-10 seeds this year from the Big 10 included Minnesota, UMD, NW, MSU, Wisconsin, Michigan, etc.

17 hours ago, Redskin4ever said:

Kudos for nailing it. 

Got the Wisconsin one wrong tho lol.

I actually meant Purdue, and not Wisconsin but was typing faster than my brain.

Still, i dont know how anyone could have thought of UMD being that highly rated.

I think they can beat Xavier, but i would not be surprised if they lose to them as well. There is not a big difference between the two sides.

1 hour ago, Kosher Ham said:

Nah, they'll beat Xavier. I am saying at LEAST Sweet 16. 

I do like the Xavier matchup. I'd like it a lot more if Cekovsky were healthy, because Xavier isn't that big. They do crash the boards relentlessly as a team, and that could pose some problems for the Terps.

Offsetting the Cekovsky loss, one of their top players is out for the year as well. They are pretty tall and long in the backcourt, and  Bluiett is a next level player and scorer. I think the Terps should have a quickness advantage, and I expect to see a lot of Huerter checking Bluiett.

The sweet 16 though? Gotta hope FGCU pulls the huge upset, cause FSU's size will crush the Terps, IMO.

• Like 1