Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/St-Johns-Three-Star-Linebacker-Set-To-Announce-49874514

St. John's Three-Star Linebacker Set To Announce

St. John's (DC) three-star linebacker Kofi Warlow plans to commit tonight at 8 PM, according to his twitter.

Maryland has made the Washington star a priority since his Oct. 23 offer, his first from a Power Five Conference school, and he came away raving about the program after last weekend's official visit. Michigan State, Virginia Tech, Pittsburgh and Boston College have all pushed for his commitment as well, but Maryland is the favorite to land another prospect from St. John's, where the Terps have already grabbed two commits -- four-star quarterback Kasim Hill and four-star defensive lineman Cam Spence -- and are chasing five-star offensive lineman Calvin Ashley.

Maryland has all five crystal ball predictions for Wardlow as of Saturday afternoon and could pickup its second commitment in two days. Is good news on the way tonight? Stay tuned for more...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Mike Grinnon. The only player in MD history to have both an NCAA and ACC Championship on his resume. And he hit some big free throws in OT to help MD beat dook. I'll never forget that ACC championship. Due to the UNC suckage that year, I was given midcourt seats 7 rows up for all of MD's games.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Hills awareness of the rush is so bad. It's like he's concussed or something. 

I know you posted this before the very last series, but his last series was very fitting for the type of QB he is and for your comment.

I'm disappointed they couldn't end the season with a bowl win, but I'm looking forward to seeing what Durkin can do in his second year.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Still not sure how this was ruled incomplete...

Worse is that I don't think that an actual review ever happened.  There was no waiting for the officials to set the ball/start the clock and no announcement of a review.  

One thing that worries me going forward is the amount of penalties this team takes.  It speaks to the coach/team discipline. Hope that is addressed by next season.

http://www.testudotimes.com/maryland-terps-basketball/2016/12/26/14081958/illinois-preview-game-stats

B10 conference play starts tonight.

Illini has 6'6" guard Malcolm Hill who is raining 3s and avg 18 points per game. I find KenPom to be the most reliable projector and it has Illinois ranked 66, Terps 64. It also has Terps winning 70-66.  

Go Terps .... please please please limit the unforced turnovers. If we have more turnovers than made baskets going into the half .... continuing bad sign for this team. 

12 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

http://www.testudotimes.com/maryland-terps-basketball/2016/12/26/14081958/illinois-preview-game-stats

B10 conference play starts tonight.

Illini has 6'6" guard Malcolm Hill who is raining 3s and avg 18 points per game. I find KenPom to be the most reliable projector and it has Illinois ranked 66, Terps 64. It also has Terps winning 70-66.  

Go Terps .... please please please limit the unforced turnovers. If we have more turnovers than made baskets going into the half .... continuing bad sign for this team. 

Going to the game tonight.  not sure why its a 5pm start on a tuesday either!!!

13 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

Layeth the smacketh down!

That was a beat down. 

You know its a beat down when Illinois alum are publicly putting the AD's contact info on line for alum to demand their coach gets fired. 

Finally a complete game. Our offense looked fluid (a lot of late set high screens though) and Cowan is what this team has been missing. I have tempered expectations and am 50/50 on if we make the tourney but this team is like Voltron how it has the right type of parts to come together and form a well balanced team. 

Cowan can dribble penetrate, dish and make good decisions. Melo can float around and also handle the ball. Huerter plays great D, has court awareness and can hit the 3 to spread the D/zone. Justin Jackson is man child at the 4 who can also stretch the floor/zone. Then Dodd/Check/Bender can rotate at center. 

I wish Huerter would spot up and take closer 3s, hes taking and missing long nba 3s. I also would like to see him curl off screens for open mid range 2 jump shots ala juan dixon. It seems like all of our screens are high screens to set up 3s/pick and dish exclusively. 

1. Did Cowan play as primary ball handler a lot more last night? It seems like Melo was more exclusively the 2 guard last night. I like it. 

2. Is our offense more fluid w Bender in vs Dodd/Chek?

48 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

You know its a beat down when Illinois alum are publicly putting the AD's contact info on line for alum to demand their coach gets fired. 

Finally a complete game. Our offense looked fluid (a lot of late set high screens though) and Cowan is what this team has been missing. I have tempered expectations and am 50/50 on if we make the tourney but this team is like Voltron how it has the right type of parts to come together and form a well balanced team. 

Cowan can dribble penetrate, dish and make good decisions. Melo can float around and also handle the ball. Huerter plays great D, has court awareness and can hit the 3 to spread the D/zone. Justin Jackson is man child at the 4 who can also stretch the floor/zone. Then Dodd/Check/Bender can rotate at center. 

I wish Huerter would spot up and take closer 3s, hes taking and missing long nba 3s. I also would like to see him curl off screens for open mid range 2 jump shots ala juan dixon. It seems like all of our screens are high screens to set up 3s/pick and dish exclusively. 

1. Did Cowan play as primary ball handler a lot more last night? It seems like Melo was more exclusively the 2 guard last night. I like it. 

2. Is our offense more fluid w Bender in vs Dodd/Chek?

Yep. Melo played off the ball the majority of the time...which is really what he's best at.

• Like 1

I said this before the year that this team was going to have better chemistry than last years team and could potentially end up being a better  team because of it. Getting to the Sweet 16 will be tough but it's fun seeing this team grow. They have a great future ahead of them with these 3 freshman.

• Like 1