Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

3 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Josh Kaindoh will taking an Official to PSU this weekend....and scuttlebutt is there's a good chance he could flip.

And THAT my friends is what happens when you aren't competitive with the big boys 4 weeks in a row. 

THAT would truly suck. I consider Penn St. Enemy #1, now that the Terps are no longer in the ACC. (Still can't f-ing stand UVA.) 

5 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Josh Kaindoh will taking an Official to PSU this weekend....and scuttlebutt is there's a good chance he could flip.

And THAT my friends is what happens when you aren't competitive with the big boys 4 weeks in a row. 

Fudge ... 

The Maryland men’s soccer team had its championship run cut far short Sunday night, thanks to a stunning comeback from Providence in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. Maryland was up 4-1 in the second half, but Providence scored four late goals to complete an unbelievable comeback.

The No. 1-seed Terps hadn’t lost a game all season. The championship run they seemed seemed destined for is done after one NCAA Tournament match.

http://www.testudotimes.com/maryland-terps/2016/11/20/13693154/ncaa-tournament-soccer-providence-final-score-recap-results-game-stats

8 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Woooo! Trimble is so clutch. Broke his defender hard.

If Cekovsky can play like that, watch out. And I love Kevin Huerter's all around game. He had a few dimes and plays solid defense.

Would like to see us improve from beyond the arc, that's my only gripe.

THAT is what Cheka brings to this team. His presence around the rim defensively changes shots, and he is athletic for a guy his size. Looks like he put on even more good weight this offseason. If he can stay healthy, he can push this team into a top 20 by year end, provided these three freshman continue to develop.

10 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Fwiw, Kaindoh just removed all mention of Maryland from his twitter page.

He's gone...

Fudge .. I checked his twitter last week when you said he was visiting PSU and he tweeted "glad to be back in Baltimore" .. yeah now his twitter is #weare .. **** PSU. 

edit - looks like local dematha product Shane Simmons was part of the recruiting ... at least Kasim Hill is still about MD. Dang this is gonna sting, hope more recruits dont bail now. 

Edited by Why am I Mr. Pink?

9 hours ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Fudge .. I checked his twitter last week when you said he was visiting PSU and he tweeted "glad to be back in Baltimore" .. yeah now his twitter is #weare .. **** PSU. 

edit - looks like local dematha product Shane Simmons was part of the recruiting ... at least Kasim Hill is still about MD. Dang this is gonna sting, hope more recruits dont bail now. 

he decommitted 

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/BREAKING-Five-Star-Joshua-Kaindoh-De-Commits-from-Maryland-49213713

1 hour ago, TheDoyler23 said:

If MD had kept the Quarterback that de-committed last year, maybe they win the Indiana and Minnesota game and the team is 8-4 instead of 6-6. Bah. 

I know 6-6 is not great given the 4-0 start, but it's better than 3-8 or the abomination that was Edsall's first year. 

Even the 4-0 start was against Howard, FIU, UCF, and Purdue.  In fairness to Edsall, he didnt have nearly as weak an early season schedule with which to rack up wins in his first year.

Then they beat MSU and Rutgers, a combined 5-19.  This team really was terrible.

• Like 1

If MD had kept the Quarterback that de-committed last year, maybe they win the Indiana and Minnesota game and the team is 8-4 instead of 6-6. Bah. 

I know 6-6 is not great given the 4-0 start, but it's better than 3-8 or the abomination that was Edsall's first year. 

I agree completely, but thinking as a HS kid and watching the Terps just get embarassed by Michigan, OSU, and to some extent Nebraska (thanks for that 3 game span, Big 10), and I can't help but see why he would decide to go somewhere different.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, btfoom said:

I agree completely, but thinking as a HS kid and watching the Terps just get embarassed by Michigan, OSU, and to some extent Nebraska (thanks for that 3 game span, Big 10), and I can't help but see why he would decide to go somewhere different.

Yeah, I cant really blame him.  Those were hard images to shake for an highly recruited 18 year old.  Especially when that caliber of program is banging down his door.  

• Like 2

Maryland wasn't competitive the last month. That's a bad look.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Yeah, I cant really blame him.  Those were hard images to shake for an highly recruited 18 year old.  Especially when that caliber of program is banging down his door.  

Yes, forgot about that.  When the team that you decided to attend is getting beaten by 50+ by a team that is recruiting you, it can be easy to change.

4 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Maryland wasn't competitive the last month. That's a bad look.

I think that was a big part of it.

If it were more 'spread out', where they lose badly to Michigan, for example, then come back the next week and beat MSU, not as bad.  But it got to the point where they went more than 20+ quarters w/o a TD (until that 93 yard screen in the Nebraska game).  It just beat down the Terps, smashed them on the rocks, and buried them on the bottom of the sea.  Yes, nice showing vs Rutgers, but I think the damage was done.

Edited by btfoom
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

First half tonight was horrible.  Lazy all around.  They had an entertaining comeback in the second half, but too little too late.  Lack of inside scoring is troubling.

What's troubling to me is the lack of flexibility coaching-wise. Offensive sets still are...offensive. Ball stays above the hash for 10-20 seconds, then it's one-on-one hero ball. Can't count the number of times I yelled at the tv with all 5 static on offense.

This team begs to play pressing, open floor basketball, and Turgeon continues his PnR, stand around offensive sets, and, low and behold, they're down 20. 

Have loved Turgeon as a recruiter, but sour on him daily as a game coach. No coincidence they've had to come from behind almost every game, and play better when they do.

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 1