Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

My favorite game of the year tonight, Maryland vs. Georgetown!  It's a win win!

Should be a good one, both teams are evenly matched in my opinion.  With Maryland's lukewarm performance against American and Georgetown exploding for 105 in their first game, Vegas has it as Georgetown -6.5.  I'm tempted to take Maryland and the points, but I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy the game.

7 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

My favorite game of the year tonight, Maryland vs. Georgetown!  It's a win win!

Should be a good one, both teams are evenly matched in my opinion.  With Maryland's lukewarm performance against American and Georgetown exploding for 105 in their first game, Vegas has it as Georgetown -6.5.  I'm tempted to take Maryland and the points, but I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy the game.

Im trying to mentally prepare myself for this season to not let unforced turnovers get to me bc we have a lot of new players and after watching that AU game, we are going to have a lot of unforced mistake turn overs. It drives me crazy to needlessly throw away possessions. 

Good year to judge Turg's coaching abilities. If the offense is stagnant for weeks at a time (which I think it will) and Turg's doesnt do something to correct it, that will be on him imo. 

2 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Im trying to mentally prepare myself for this season to not let unforced turnovers get to me bc we have a lot of new players and after watching that AU game, we are going to have a lot of unforced mistake turn overs. It drives me crazy to needlessly throw away possessions. 

Good year to judge Turg's coaching abilities. If the offense is stagnant for weeks at a time (which I think it will) and Turg's doesnt do something to correct it, that will be on him imo. 

Yeah I agree the unforced turnovers were hard to watch the first game.  Gonna take a few games for the players to gel and develop chemistry.  I'm counting on Trimble playing more composed and being a leader.  He's so aggressive driving to the rim so he's prone for turnovers.  Gonna need Cowan to grow up quickly, same with Huerter.

I'm not as critical of Turgeon as most people.  I agree that his recruiting ability (which is excellent) far exceeds his coaching.  I don't really see too much problem with his in game coaching, he seems to rotate players well.  He could maybe improve the Xs and Os, but ultimately it's on the players to execute.

This has been a terribly officiated game. 

Still don't know why the Terps don't push the ball more. 

About the 4th or 5th ridiculous offensive foul call against Maryland. 18-8 FT disparity first half. Refs picking up where they left off.

Now 5 fouls to none against Terps to start the second. What can you do. Playing 5 on 8

Huerter's got more size that people think.  He is a great defender.  And he hit a gigantic three which essentially started the comeback.

Feel bad for the Hoyas because they really played well the second half but with the questionable officiating and everything I'm glad the Terps won.

Fear the Turtle!  This team is strong.

• Like 1