Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Terps following up best game of year with worst half of the year. Nobody outside of Huerter can make a shot. Too much standing around on defense.

Also, LG Gill continues to be a MAJOR disappointment. This was the guy Turgeon "just had to get," and he provides almost nothing. 

Gotta get Dodd and Cheka back and healthy quick. Nice to see Dodd back on the floor, but he looks slow and out of shape. 

• Like 1

Why is Ivan Bender playing? He is ****ing horrible!

If they lose this game, its all on Turgeon. Once Nebraska went zone, Terps with a good lead, and all Turgeon does is go to Melo hero ball offense. That, and playing Bender as your only big while Nebraska dominates the glass. 

Oh, and Bender 0-5 from floor. All layups or tip ins.

Melo, 0 for the last 5 minutes of the game.

All time choke job. 

Melo throws up all kinds of ****, makes nothing, while Huerter is smoking hot, can't get a shot cause Melo plays hero ball. Cmon coach, do your job. Horrible loss.

Edited by Long n Left

https://n.rivals.com/news/maryland-lands-rivals250-db-markquese-bell

One of Maryland’s biggest priorities in the 2017 recruiting class was adding size to the secondary. Bell brings a 6-foot-3 frame and a ton of speed and athleticism to the back end of the Terps’ defense. He is a great leaper and times his jumps very well so fighting for jump balls against big receivers shouldn’t be a problem. Bell is also Maryland’s only commitment from New Jersey in the 2017 class. Look for the Terps to target more and more New Jersey prospects over the next few years.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Why is Ivan Bender playing? He is ****ing horrible!

If they lose this game, its all on Turgeon. Once Nebraska went zone, Terps with a good lead, and all Turgeon does is go to Melo hero ball offense. That, and playing Bender as your only big while Nebraska dominates the glass. 

Oh, and Bender 0-5 from floor. All layups or tip ins.

Melo, 0 for the last 5 minutes of the game.

All time choke job. 

Melo throws up all kinds of ****, makes nothing, while Huerter is smoking hot, can't get a shot cause Melo plays hero ball. Cmon coach, do your job. Horrible loss.

We have struggled against zone all season and Turgs said once we start hitting 3s, we will take advantage of zone. 

I agree that Turg should have called a TO earlier in the Huskers run when they went to 1-3-1 zone. I think we saw Melo play hero ball once they went zone bc thats how we are coached to beat zone --- dribble penetrate to collapse the zone then dish out for an open 3 ... unfortunately the Huskers were ready for Melo's drives.

We saw this last year. Teams allow Melo to dribble inside and then collapse/trap on him and he gets his shot blocked. I really think Melo picks up his dribble too soon, its like he is elevating at the elbow ... dribble it a few more steps and  force the issue. But what I really wish is Cowan to have the ball in that situation. I trust Cowan to dish out more than Melo. With Melo he always ends up taking the shot but he seems like he is 75% committed to the shot and 25% distracted by trying to pretend he is keeping the dish out as an option.   

4.7 seconds inbound play after a TO was horrendous. Id have to go back and watch what happened but I didnt see anyone come free off a screen. 

Just a crappy frustrating sports day. 

6 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

We have struggled against zone all season and Turgs said once we start hitting 3s, we will take advantage of zone. 

I agree that Turg should have called a TO earlier in the Huskers run when they went to 1-3-1 zone. I think we saw Melo play hero ball once they went zone bc thats how we are coached to beat zone --- dribble penetrate to collapse the zone then dish out for an open 3 ... unfortunately the Huskers were ready for Melo's drives.

We saw this last year. Teams allow Melo to dribble inside and then collapse/trap on him and he gets his shot blocked. I really think Melo picks up his dribble too soon, its like he is elevating at the elbow ... dribble it a few more steps and  force the issue. But what I really wish is Cowan to have the ball in that situation. I trust Cowan to dish out more than Melo. With Melo he always ends up taking the shot but he seems like he is 75% committed to the shot and 25% distracted by trying to pretend he is keeping the dish out as an option.   

4.7 seconds inbound play after a TO was horrendous. Id have to go back and watch what happened but I didnt see anyone come free off a screen. 

Just a crappy frustrating sports day. 

Yeah, I was screaming irate that Melo wasn't even looking to dish off on his drives. If you know the guy is going all the way to the hole, he's easy to defend. Nebraska often had 4 guys collapse on him and Melo stills tries to shoot.

Former Terp Jordan Williams was arrested for kidnapping and beating up a 16 year old. Police think it might have been retribution for a previous drug deal gone bad. 

He left to early but I think he stopped going to class so he wasnt going to eligible anyway. 

Sad. 

http://www.registercitizen.com/general-news/20161231/former-nba-player-jordan-williams-one-of-4-charged-in-torrington-kidnapping-robbery-assault-more-arrests-expected

33 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Former Terp Jordan Williams was arrested for kidnapping and beating up a 16 year old. Police think it might have been retribution for a previous drug deal gone bad. 

He left to early but I think he stopped going to class so he wasnt going to eligible anyway. 

Sad. 

http://www.registercitizen.com/general-news/20161231/former-nba-player-jordan-williams-one-of-4-charged-in-torrington-kidnapping-robbery-assault-more-arrests-expected

That's sad. I have no other words. 

Edited by Redskin4ever

46 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Barrett returning to OSU. Wonder if Haskins can take the job. Shame. He'd had a full season as a starter under his belt now and planning for year two. Now there is a chance he doesn't play for a 2nd straight year. 

They have a 5 star dual threat QB in their 2017 class as well. Some tough competition for 2018. And no telling which other 4/5 star QBs Meyer snaps up for the year after that. Craziness. 

40 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

They have a 5 star dual threat QB in their 2017 class as well. Some tough competition for 2018. And no telling which other 4/5 star QBs Meyer snaps up for the year after that. Craziness. 

Wonder if Haskins is rethinking his decision?

He'd be the MAN, de facto, in College Park. 

1 hour ago, Long n Left said:

Wonder if Haskins is rethinking his decision?

He'd be the MAN, de facto, in College Park. 

I think he knew he'd be the man at MD. I'd also think he knew that OSU would have at least 1 QB recruited every year that is as good or better than him. That's what the great programs do and why they stay great. I'm guessing he knew that if was going to be great, he would have to beat out those other guys. In his mind, he knows he can. Whether Meyer thinks so or not is what matters though.

• Like 1

I don't know. I"m guessing Meyer makes every recruit feel like they are going to be the man.

Maybe he can perform this spring and get the backup QB spot. I don't think Meyer would wait too long to pull a starter if they aren't performing.

Then again, he's already lost one year of play and potentially another coming up. If they really have a 5-Star kid coming in. Then maybe he transfers now. I doubt it.

He's def thinking about thing.

Trust in no man but God ..

Edited by @SkinsGoldPants