Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I agree with everyones thoughts. My silver lining is that we are starting 3 freshman in Cowan, Jackson and Huerter and by B10 tourney time, we should be a much better team. Also Dodd/Chekosky are playing significant minutes for the first time in their careers. 

I love all 3 of the frosh games. Cowan needs to dribble penetrate more and I think he will as he gets more mins and more comfortable. He has handles and a good sense of the game, where other players will be, etc. Jackson looks like he might jump to the NBA after next season, I think he will be a man among college boys by next year. Huerter has such a quick release but I wish he didnt settle for taking 3s. You got size and ball skills, take a guy off the dribble, collapse that D, dish and distribute.

I dont know what to do w Nickens/Gill/Thomas/Dodd/Wiley. Just not productive and it seems Turg shortened his bench real early in the season. These guys needs to be mixed in and contribute.   

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Long n Left said:

What's troubling to me is the lack of flexibility coaching-wise. Offensive sets still are...offensive. Ball stays above the hash for 10-20 seconds, then it's one-on-one hero ball. Can't count the number of times I yelled at the tv with all 5 static on offense.

This team begs to play pressing, open floor basketball, and Turgeon continues his PnR, stand around offensive sets, and, low and behold, they're down 20. 

Have loved Turgeon as a recruiter, but sour on him daily as a game coach. No coincidence they've had to come from behind almost every game, and play better when they do.

Good thing we don't live close to each other as the neighbors would have complained.  I was shouting "Move your feet" over and over again.  Got so tired of it that I didn't watch most of second half.  This team looks like they are playing 4-corners from the get-go and can't switch out of it.

You are 100% correct about Turgeon.  Great recruiter, bad X-O's guy.  I'd be happier seeing them just play open, press and run type of game.  Just to see something different.

• Like 2

Awesome win over OSU. Cowans ability to drive and decision making once he has the defender on his hip is very impressive for the rookie. IM surprised this team was capable of a win like that so early into the season.

Trimble seems like he got a little lost in the 2nd half not being the primary ball handler, which I found good and bad. I like that Trimble doesnt hesitate taking the big 3s to try and turn a game but I wish he would do it closer to the 3 pt line. I know those are kinda like heat check, im feeling it type of shots but work the shot clock and get a better look, not your first look 5 feet behind the line with 15 seconds left on the shot clock. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

God bless you Ms. Kaindoh but your son needs to do what is best for him. 

I wish our student section had as much dedication as she does. I heard she was at the Terps-Rutgers game and the student section was empty.

------------------

I think the Terps drop one to Howard tonight. Dont know why, Howard just won their first game against American. 

4 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

God bless you Ms. Kaindoh but your son needs to do what is best for him. 

I agree but I think she's questioning his motiivation.

From all reports dad has taken over this recruitment....not to mention Kaindoh's "mentor./advisor" is Tommy Polley, former Seminole.

Heck, there's even  buzz that the coaches at IMG are steering him away from Maryland.

Big boy recruiting.....ugh

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

This OC Walt Bell referring to Maryland's big recruiting weekend.

Starting today (Friday) and lasting through Sunday, Maryland is hosting arguably the greatest collection of recruits and commits in the programs history.

Just remember boys, it comes down to 2 things;

Hookers and Blow!!!!

Just kidding.  Respect the new regime and their recruiting prowess. Get those guys signed. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, btfoom said:

Just remember boys, it comes down to 2 things;

Hookers and Blow!!!!

Just kidding.  Respect the new regime and their recruiting prowess. Get those guys signed. 

Yeah, but, a little Hibbity-Bibbity goes a long way! ?

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 1