Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Great news on Morsell. 

Also cant wait for this season to start. No more dump it down to the bigs, or have Melo dominate the ball. Should be a more open court flow with lots of ball movement. Could be a very fun team to watch.

And the girls...well, let's just say, title game or bust ladies. I know you've got it in you.

• Like 3

No more open scholarships for 2017 .... I guess they knew espn no. 5 overall Trevon Duval (DE- IMG Academy) wasnt coming to College Park. I was following his recruitment but its been quiet with him and the Terps. 

I also agree that Im kinda excited to see college run-the-plays offense and not the force feed the post approach or letting guys like Robert Carter put up 3s bc he wants to show NBA range and improve his NBA stock (im a big fan of Robert Carter, wish he stayed). 

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/Terps-Biggest-Preseason-Surprise-Player-Out-Indefinitely--48710678

Terps' Biggest Preseason Surprise Player Out Indefinitely

Maryland redshirt sophomore forward Ivan Bender, who Mark Turgeon tabbed as the team’s biggest preseason surprise last month, fractured his non-shooting wrist last weekend in practice and will be out indefinitely. Turgeon said Bender’s injury will not require surgery, and hopes he’ll be back “sooner than later.”

Turgeon added that Bender started at power forward last Saturday in the Terps’ private scrimmage against Wake Forest in Richmond.

“Ivan was really playing well,” Turgeon said. “It’s a step back for him. I feel bad for him because he had been practicing so well and players were gaining confidence in him and he was gaining confidence.”

Bender, a 6-foot-9, 235 pound power forward, has been a marginal contributor since coming to College Park less than two years ago from Croatia. He had previously suffered two ACL injuries, which prevented him from making an immediate impact with the Terps and saw him struggle to return to his pre-injury form. The older brother of NBA lottery pick Dragan Bender, he was a member of Croatia’s under-19 team in the World Championships when he first tore his ACL in 2013. Less than a year later, he suffered the same injury while practicing.

He showed signs of promise last month in Maryland’s open scrimmage.

“He can really pass it,” Turgeon said at the time. “He’s very smart defensively, too.”

Given Bender’s unexpected emergence, Turgeon does have other options inside. He has two versatile forward options, graduate transfer L.G. Gill and freshman Justin Jackson, and could also deploy a big lineup with junior center Michal Cekovsky and Damonte Dodd. It also gives a chance for skilled 6-foot-9 freshman Joshua Tomaic to show he’s ready to contribute earlier than expected.

Turgeon will get a chance to experiment with roster combinations this Saturday in Maryland’s lone exhibition contest against D-2 Catawba.

“It’s going to open up opportunities for guys. There’s just more minutes there,” Turgeon said. “They’re all going to get a chance Saturday; I hope everybody gets a chance to play.”

http://www.testudotimes.com/maryland-terps-basketball/2016/11/2/13496210/jake-layman-record-portland-trail-blazers-debut

Look at our boy Jake, all grown up. I wish we focused our offense on him more his senior year vs letting him be a side piece to newcomers stone/carter. 

"Former Maryland basketball forward Jake Layman broke records in his NBA debut, scoring 17 points on 6-of-8 shooting in eight minutes against the Golden State Warriors. His five made three-pointers tied for the most any rookie in the NBA has made in his debut and his 17 points were the most by a Trail Blazers rookie since all-star Damian Lillard."

3 hours ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

http://www.testudotimes.com/maryland-terps-basketball/2016/11/2/13496210/jake-layman-record-portland-trail-blazers-debut

Look at our boy Jake, all grown up. I wish we focused our offense on him more his senior year vs letting him be a side piece to newcomers stone/carter. 

"Former Maryland basketball forward Jake Layman broke records in his NBA debut, scoring 17 points on 6-of-8 shooting in eight minutes against the Golden State Warriors. His five made three-pointers tied for the most any rookie in the NBA has made in his debut and his 17 points were the most by a Trail Blazers rookie since all-star Damian Lillard."

Only 102 points per 48 minutes. You'd think he might start seeing more time.

Terps get immediate chance for revenge:

http://www.umterps.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=29700&ATCLID=211276196

#1 MARYLAND SET FOR B1G TOURNAMENT QUARTERS SUNDAY

COLLEGE PARK, Md. - The top-seeded Maryland men's soccer team will play host to No. 8 Michigan on Sunday at 4 p.m. in quarterfinal action of the 2016 Big Ten Tournament at Ludwig Field.

WATCH: Big Ten Network

SOCIAL: Follow @MarylandMSoccer on Twitter for in-game updates

I'll be there to cheer on the Terps as they march toward another Big-10 title.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, btfoom said:

Terps get immediate chance for revenge:

http://www.umterps.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=29700&ATCLID=211276196

#1 MARYLAND SET FOR B1G TOURNAMENT QUARTERS SUNDAY

COLLEGE PARK, Md. - The top-seeded Maryland men's soccer team will play host to No. 8 Michigan on Sunday at 4 p.m. in quarterfinal action of the 2016 Big Ten Tournament at Ludwig Field.

WATCH: Big Ten Network

SOCIAL: Follow @MarylandMSoccer on Twitter for in-game updates

I'll be there to cheer on the Terps as they march toward another Big-10 title.

After watching Michigan throw for a TD up 50 with 3 minutes left, I hope the soccer team drops a 6-0 thumping on em,

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 1