Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Great win for the football team to end the season. The first half was so frustrating, but I was glad to see them comeback. I'm happy for coach Locksley getting that win. Now, on to the coaching search.

Looks like Locks is out and possibly a bunch of recruits with him.

Dwayne Haskins is visiting Florida as we speak.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Losing Haskins would suck. But without a coach, it doesn't matter.

Definitely don't trust Anderson to make this hire.

Yeah, at this point the coach is the big thing. They have a lot of talent now, but without a coach, all that talent is wasted. It would suck to lose Haskins and it would probably set the team back several years as they have no QB on the roster right now. He was their best hope for a QB next year. I don't know if there is another QB good enough that could come to MD with a chance to start.

Anyway, I guess my point is you can't sacrifice the program to get one guy for next year. Of course, that's if they lose Haskins. He's said all along he's committed to the school. Time will tell. Let's just hope they get the right coach. The players will come at that point.

Let the two faced fink go if he wants. I don't want someone that goes back on their word playing for my team. Find another guy who wants to play here.

No one wanted Paxton Lynch and my Tigers turned him into a 1st round pick. Screw Haskins if he wants to be a front runner.

Recorded the BB game. Team is finally waking up in the 2nd half. We play like this and UNC is going to destroy us.

Edited by pjfootballer

Let the two faced fink go if he wants. I don't want someone that goes back on their word playing for my team. Find another guy who wants to play here.

haha. I'm with you on that. I currently have 2 gentlemen bets for 5 bucks each , one for FSU FB tonight, and another for the Terps against Carolina BB.

I try my very best to honor my word, unfortunately situations come up here and there. I do what I can to make up for it the next go around (not regarding betting, I always pay up).

Yeah, at this point the coach is the big thing. They have a lot of talent now, but without a coach, all that talent is wasted.

You do realize if we had so much talent we would have won more games.  MD football fans are really amusing.  We aren't very talented and we had bad coaching.  Truth is Edsall had an amazing year last year given our talent.  Not that I was an Edsall fan.  College football programs aren't built in a day.  We need Kevin Plank to sink serious cash into MD football to make them competitive.

I know there is lots of focus on the Men's Football team (yes, nice win to end the season) and especially Men's B-Ball team (hope they cream the powder blues on Tuesday), but there was more good news for UMD teams over the weekend.

The men's soccer team beat Notre Dame (at Notre Dame) to advance to the quarterfinals of the National Tournament.  

On a more personal note, the Club D-2 Hockey team travels to Delaware on Friday and Rowan on Saturday, both big games.

Go Terps!!!!!!

• Like 1

I just have one question? WTH does Jaylen Brantley bring to the team? He was supposed to be this big recruit to help out at PG and take over for Melo. So far, he can't dribble; he can't pass; and he can't shoot.

I don't recall anyone hyping him up that much.  He is a JUCO transfer that adds PG depth.  He was highly rated coming out of high school, and had academic issues at Marshall.  

He is still getting used to playing at this level again.  Once he gets acclimated he'll probably do much better.  I'm sure he can shoot and dribble just fine  :) At least I hope he can haha.

I don't recall anyone hyping him up that much. He is a JUCO transfer that adds PG depth. He was highly rated coming out of high school, and had academic issues at Marshall.

He is still getting used to playing at this level again. Once he gets acclimated he'll probably do much better. I'm sure he can shoot and dribble just fine :) At least I hope he can haha.

He did look a tad better against Cleveland St. He was actually trying to dribble more and take over.

Thank goodness we got Sulaimon. He's been the co-MVP with Carter so far IMO. He's been the backup PG also. Would've been nice to have Wiley this year and Rasheed coming off the bench to provide a spark.

No one wanted Paxton Lynch and my Tigers turned him into a 1st round pick. Screw Haskins if he wants to be a front runner.

Recorded the BB game. Team is finally waking up in the 2nd half. We play like this and UNC is going to destroy us.

Kind of harsh. Maryland doesn't have a coach and top programs want to recruit you. Can't blame him for taking the visit.

Maryland need to handle their own. Get a really strong coach and hopefully top recruits are receptive to what he's doing.

Kind of harsh. Maryland doesn't have a coach and top programs want to recruit you. Can't blame him for taking the visit.

Maryland need to handle their own. Get a really strong coach and hopefully top recruits are receptive to what he's doing.

Yes it is harsh. But he continued to pledge his alliegence to the program and has been pushing the "movement" for months. So, we lose a mediocre coach and he wants to bail to the Gators? I would like for him to take a step back and wait to see who we hire as coach, before he makes up his mind.

Yes it is harsh. But he continued to pledge his alliegence to the program and has been pushing the "movement" for months. So, we lose a mediocre coach and he wants to bail to the Gators? I would like for him to take a step back and wait to see who we hire as coach, before he makes up his mind.

We didn't lose a mediocre coach.  The allure of the program being on the upswing and the bill of goods he was sold collapsed in front of his eyes.  You would be crazy to be a top talent and sign with MD.