Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Every year I read (in this thread) about the recruits Maryland football is getting. It never translates to anything. I watch the games but I don't pay too much attention. They will win or lose some meaningless bowl game at most. Randy Edsall is a joke.

You know what kind of movement it is?

A Bowel Movement. Because they are always ****.

If it wasn't for their idiot kicker sucking, they'd have hung a sixty bagel on us.

Edited by pjfootballer

Yay!  Another 7-6 year! 

He's a mediocre coach.  Simple as that. 

UMD with the UA connection, SHOULD do better. 

Sorry, but I don't see where the 6 or 7 wins come from.

I say 4 at most.  Going to be some serious beatings from the big boys in the '10.

I say 4 at most.  Going to be some serious beatings from the big boys in the '10.

Before the season started, I was getting bristly and ready to tell you to get ready for some cold, angry, Penn State revenge.  Now, I'm not so sure.  Our defense is really freaking good, and we have what should be a stud QB, but...things just aren't clicking.  You might pick up a win there.

Hopefully at QB.

Before the season started, I was getting bristly and ready to tell you to get ready for some cold, angry, Penn State revenge. Now, I'm not so sure. Our defense is really freaking good, and we have what should be a stud QB, but...things just aren't clicking. You might pick up a win there.

We just lost to Bowling Green. No, got blown out to Bowling Green. You have no worries.

Caleb Rowe will start for Maryland at quarterback on Saturday against South Florida: http://bsun.md/1URj1yd 

Caleb Rowe is listed as the No. 1 quarterback on Maryland's two-deep for Saturday's game against USF. Daxx Garman is listed at No. 2.

Maryland shakes up WRs as well: Levern Jacobs, Taivon Jacobs & D.J. Moore are your top three this week.

Randy Edsall talked about improving vertical passing game yday. Rowe, Taivon Jacobs & D.J. Moore in the starting lineup certainly helps.

One other minor note on #Terps two-deep: Derwin Gray now listed as backup at LT after sitting out spring following shoulder surgery.

Rowe starting makes our offense look a little more exciting. Looking forward to seeing someone who can get our playmakers the ball.

Happy with the call to start Rowe. Despite turnover issues, Rowe has proven that he can move the offense. Hopefully INTs will be cut down.

Caleb Rowe's going to get Maryland a lot more yards and also probably throw a lot of interceptions. Maryland needs to *try* to get vertical.

Also, I'd bet good money Maryland's going to push the Damian Prince Button soon.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

About time.

Click to read the rest

http://www.pressboxonline.com/2015/09/17/maryland-looking-to-go-vertical-behind-quarterback-caleb-rowe

MARYLAND LOOKING TO GO VERTICAL BEHIND QUARTERBACK CALEB ROWE

Maryland head football coach Randy Edsall got an up close look Sept. 12 at an offense firing on all cylinders. It just wasn't his.

Under senior quarterback Matt Johnson, the Bowling Green attack shredded the Terps to the tune of 692 yards. It utilized quick-hitting slants. It threw the ball down the field. It ran the ball 50 times.

It did everything that the Maryland offense, under junior quarterback Perry Hills, could not. As a result, Edsall announced a change at the quarterback position Sept. 14, opting to go with redshirt junior Caleb Rowe against South Florida Sept 19. Rowe, in his fourth career start and first since October 2013, will have one directive from the Terps' play callers: go vertical with the football.

"We have to be able to throw the football," Edsall told the media Sept. 15. "We have to be a threat and can't be without production in the throwing game. We have to stretch the field, vertically and horizontally."

Click to read the rest

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/four-weeks-after-being-third-string-caleb-rowe-takes-lead-for-terps/2015/09/18/9a0e81de-5dd0-11e5-8e9e-dce8a2a2a679_story.html

Four weeks after being third string, Caleb Rowe takes lead for Terps

Wade Cooper is no longer Caleb Rowe’s coach, but he couldn’t help but text a few words of advice to the Maryland quarterback earlier this week. After hearing the news that Rowe had been promoted as the Terrapins’ starter on Monday, Cooper sent him a congratulatory note. He simply told Rowe to fully prepare for his new opportunity, like he always had when he played for Cooper at Blue Ridge High School in Greer, S.C.

“I encouraged him to have a good game,” said Cooper, who will be watching Saturday as Maryland hosts South Florida. In Rowe’s first college start as something other than an injury replacement, he will be charged with pumping life into the passing game, which averaged just 161.5 yards per game the first two weeks behind junior Perry Hills.

In an abrupt move made Monday, Maryland Coach Randy Edsall demoted Hills to third string and summoned Rowe to start his first game in two years. Though the urgency of his preparation could be felt around the team facility this week. the redshirt junior said he has maintained the focus on preparation that he learned under Cooper.

UMD fans don't worry, Adam will be back soon.

just know I will be on the line come spring ball

I will be back in no time couple months and I am back in the red black and yellow

Click to read the rest

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/sports/colleges/maryland/ph-cc-sp-terps-taivon-jacobs-0916-story.html

Taivon Jacobs to get his shot for Terps on Saturday

There was a time in the offseason when Taivon Jacobs broke down. He had sat out his true freshman season in 2013 while recovering from a knee injury. And in the season opener in 2014, Jacobs suffered another knee injury on Maryland’s second drive after making his first career start and missed another season.

For four months, Jacobs said in August at Maryland’s media day, he was in shock. Again, his college career would have to wait. And then one day he started crying.

From that day on, Jacobs told himself he could come back from his injuries and that he would be back from them. Jacobs will get a chance to finally show off that hard work and perseverance against South Florida on Saturday. Coach Randy Edsall elevated the sophomore to a starting wide receiver spot in hopes of boosting an offense that looked lethargic on offense to start the season.

The Terps are looking to stretch the field with their speedsters, and Jacobs, a former track star at Suitland, possesses the burst that could stress opposing defenses. And for him, it doesn’t matter whether he’s getting the ball deep or working underneath the defense — he just wants the ball.

UMD Ice Hockey starts off the new season with a resounding 7-2 win vs Cincinnati (my son had 3 assists and plays #1/2 D).

Close game early, lots of penalties, and Terps down 2-1 in first.  The clawed back in the second to take a 4-2 lead after 2.  The iced the game by scoring 10 seconds into 3rd period and cruised from there.

Next weekend a doubleheader:

Fri Sep 25 -

Georgetown University
The Gardens Ice House

8:00 PM EDT

Sat Sep 26 -

Kutztown University
The Gardens Ice House

7:15 PM EDT

Nice crowd tonight and hope for the same or better next week.

Edited by btfoom
  • Like 3