Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Looks like Lexie was a casualty of the move to the B1G.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/terrapins-insider/wp/2015/05/26/lexie-brown-to-transfer-out-of-maryland-womens-basketball-program/

Brown is extremely close with her family, and the logistical challenges for her mother and siblings to attend games grew all the more complicated last season when Maryland joined the Big Ten. During her freshman year, the Terrapins were in their final season as a member of the ACC, where Maryland’s road games often were within driving distance for Brown’s relatives.

Looks like Lexie was a casualty of the move to the B1G.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/terrapins-insider/wp/2015/05/26/lexie-brown-to-transfer-out-of-maryland-womens-basketball-program/

Brown is extremely close with her family, and the logistical challenges for her mother and siblings to attend games grew all the more complicated last season when Maryland joined the Big Ten. During her freshman year, the Terrapins were in their final season as a member of the ACC, where Maryland’s road games often were within driving distance for Brown’s relatives.

That's the first thing I thought of when I read the first post. I'm surprised there weren't more of these the past year or two. This shouldn't be an issue moving forward, as players in all sports know what they are signing up for.

On the other hand, MD's move to the B1G has been known since 2012. I don't know when Brown actually committed to MD, but the move to the B1G was known before she set foot on campus.

http://thehoopsrecruit.sportsblog.com/posts/2547153/class-of-2015--juco-recruits-to-keep-an-eye-on.html

Class of 2015: JUCO recruits to keep an eye on

Jaylen Brantley, 5-11, 160, PG, Odessa (TX), Committed to Maryland

After transferring to Odessa from Marshall, Brantley made the most of his only season on the junior college level. He starred as a scorer and a playmaker, averaging 14.3 points and four assists per game. He should combine with Romelo Trimble to give the Terps one of the best set of point guards in the country.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 1

Need QBs. The guys they have can't stay healthy anyway. 8 games 2K years 12 Tds and 12 Ints. So, agreed. Not sure if he's any good. I guess not outstanding if he's graduating and wants to play another year somewhere.

I won't get too worked up about his numbers. They could be dependent on the system or surrounding players. And let's face it, if he was really, really good, he would be going to a better football school. But that doesn't bother me. What bothers me is why would he leave OSU for his last year? What would cause that? Maybe it's something, or maybe nothing. Just a concern I have.

I hope he lights it up. Ideally, Rowe gets healthy and the better QB wins the job.

Maryland WR Marcus Leak has withdrawn from school for "personal reasons" for 2nd time in 3 years and is not expected back, per source.

Don Markus ‏@sportsprof56 

Maryland CB D'Andre Payne, who transferred from Tennessee, has left to attend JC, per source.

Terps baseball won again in the reigional and are now 2-0!

I watched the first half of the game. They are a scrappy bunch.

Do you know how they determine the home team? If UCLA is the host and the number 1 seed overall, how was MD the home team in that game?

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/Trevon-Diggs-Sets-Decision-Date-37527182

Trevon Diggs Sets Decision Date

Avalon (Md.) wide receiver Trevon Diggs tweeted this afternoon he will make his commitment on the Fourth of July. Diggs, who set his decision date a day after he visited Maryland, Tweeted that he plans to check out several other schools before then.

"In June I'll be visiting Alabama, LSU, Tennessee, Miami, auburn, VT and Georgia," Diggs wrote.

Last month, Diggs released a top 10 of Alabama, LSU, Florida, Tennessee, Penn State, Miami, Clemson, Auburn, UNC, Rutgers, Virginia Tech and Maryland after telling reporters Alabama was his top school. Since then, Diggs' close friend Dwayne Haskins -- one of the nations top quarterbacks -- committed to Maryland, and the two have talked frequently about attending the same school.

Diggs, the younger brother of former Maryland star Stefon Diggs, is ranked the sixth-best athlete in the country. The 247Sports Crystal ball currently has Maryland as a heavy favorite with 84 percent of the Crystal Ball predictions..

If anyone has ESPN Insider and can post the article about Maryland basketball summer recuiting that would be appreciated.

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/basketball/mens/insider/story/_/id/12990055/summer-recruiting-targets-needs-maryland-terrapins-college-basketball?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Edit: I took out the intro to try and adhere to rule # 10.

Summer Recruiting Bible: Can Terps seize momentum?

Seniors (2) : F Jake Layman, SG Rasheed Sulaimon

Juniors (2) : PF Robert Carter, PF Damonte Dodd

Sophomores (5) : PG Melo Trimble, SG Dion Wiley, SG-SF Jared Nickens, CMichal Cekovsky, PG Jaylen Brantley

Freshmen (2) : C Diamond Stone, PF Ivan Bender

Possible early entry losses after next season: Melo Trimble, Diamond Stone

Available scholarships for 2016: At least two (likely four)

Committed prospects for 2016 and beyond: PG Anthony Cowan (2016)

Biggest needs for 2016-17: big wing, combo guard and big man

Must-haves: SG Markelle Fultz (No. 55, DC Blue Devils)

Targets: SF Josh Jackson (No. 3, 1Nation), G Frank Jackson (No. 30, Utah Prospects), SF Mario Kegler (No. 34, MBA Hoops), F Jonathan Isaac (No. 51, Each 1 Teach 1), SG Curtis Jones (No. 53, Boo Williams), SG Markelle Fultz (No. 55 in ESPN 100, Team Final), PG Tony Carr (Team Final); PG Kevin Huerter(Albany City Rocks), F Lamar Stephens (Team Final), F Wenyen Gabriel (Mass Rivals)

Summer scenario  

The Terps are certain to lose two starters in Layman and Sulaimon -- and could lose as many as three more. Trimble could depart after this season, and Stone -- a true post player with an NBA-ready body -- could also leave. Carter is another one who is a possibility to depart, so this is a huge recruiting class for Mark Turgeon in terms of being able to sustain momentum. There will still be some pieces in place with guys like Wiley, Nickens and Cekovsky, but the Terps have to take advantage of the on-court success they will likely have this season and parlay it into a few top 75 players. The priority may be Fultz, but there are plenty of other top 75 players on the radar: Turgeon will need a big to replace Stone, a big wing to replace Layman and a guard that may have to replace Trimble.

Edited by SoulSkin
  • Like 1