Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Click to read the rest http://maryland.247sports.com/Article/Breaking-Down-Marylands-Pursuit-of-Rasheed-Sulaimon-37021015

Breaking Down Maryland's Pursuit of Rasheed Sulaimon

Sources confirmed to IMS on Tuesday that Maryland is among 10 to 15 schools pursuing Duke transfer Rasheed Sulaimon. Thanks to preexisting ties, the Terps are expected to be a serious player for the former McDonald's All-American from Houston, whom Maryland coach Mark Turgeon recruited hard at Texas A&M.

So why would Maryland recruit Sulaimon, a player who was dismissed mid-season by Duke coach Mike Kryzyzewski? Let's take a closer look.

Maryland's still shallow in the backcourt ... As good as Maryland's roster appears on paper, the Terps remain thin on the perimeter. Dez Wells and Richaud Pack are gone, leaving 55 minutes per game open and junior college transfer Jaylen Brantley the only addition in the backcourt. A chunk of those minutes will go to rising sophomores Jared Nickensand Dion Wiley, and Melo Trimble will again play heavy minutes, but Turgeon's team remains one injury away from potential trouble there.

He'd be another dangerous 3-point shooter on a team with plenty of long-range shooting, so that's not a pressing need. But more importantly he'd add quickness and give Maryland some of the slashing ability it lost in Wells. Sulaimon was one of Duke's best at getting into the paint, and only Trimble has shown the ability to consistently penetrate for Maryland.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Sulaimon is an odd case.  Maybe he just did not fit in at Duke or maybe he is a hardhead who did not listen or go to class.  Kryszewski never said much about it, but being the 1st player to be dismissed is not a badge of honor.  I wouldn't touch him.

Sulaimon and Lee for me.

Maryland backed off and Lee committed to Louisville.

Sulaimon is an odd case.  Maybe he just did not fit in at Duke or maybe he is a hardhead who did not listen or go to class.  Kryszewski never said much about it, but being the 1st player to be dismissed is not a badge of honor.  I wouldn't touch him.

A hard head? Possibly.

Didn't go to class? Nope. He's a great student.

Click to read the rest

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12787744/rasheed-sulaimon-denies-assault-says-dismissal-was-separate-matter

Rasheed Sulaimon: 'I've never done anything like this in my life'

Former Duke guard Rasheed Sulaimon denied that he had committed a sexual assault and said that his dismissal from the Blue Devils in January was for a separate matter.

"Me being dismissed from the team had nothing to do with this allegation," Sulaimon said in his first public comments since being dismissed by coach Mike Krzyzewski. He did not specify what the reason was, though he said he was frustrated and could have handled the situation better.

"I have never sexually assaulted, not only anyone on the Duke campus, but anyone period," he said. "It's not in my nature at all. I have great respect for the role of women in society. I would never demean or do anything to a woman in this manner. No, I've never done anything like this in my life."

I posted this link a few pages back when IMS had a podcast where they were talking about Sulaimon a little. It's a pretty good recap of some of the things that happened at Duke. His situation there is a little murky. Since then, I've seen some tweets and posts on a few message boards, from some seemingly well informed people, that the staff was higher on Rasheed than Damion Lee, before Lee committed to Louisville.

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/duke/article17332781.html#/tabPane=tabs-b0710947-1-1

Any other MD players get drafted or signed? I heard about Diggs, Kilgo, and Long (Titan's UDFA). Were there any others?

LB Cole Farrand signed with the Giants.

LB Matt Robinson signed with the Jaguars.

LB Yannick Cudjoe-Virgil signed with the Titans.

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/Melo-Trimble-to-Train-with-NBA-MVP-Steph-Curry-37131530

Melo Trimble to Train with NBA MVP Steph Curry

Maryland rising sophomore Melo Trimble has been invited to Steph Curry's 'SC30 Select Camp' in California this summer as a college counselor.

In addition to working out with the recently named NBA MVP, Trimble will get a chance to help teach 20 of the best high school guards (10 point guards and 10 shooting guards), including four with Maryland offers: Markelle FultzJosh JacksonFrank Jackson and Trevon Duval.

The Under Armour-sponsored camp, which is in its second year, gives top high school and college guards four days to receive hands-on training from one of the NBA's best talents. A date for the event has yet to be announced officially.

• Like 1