Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Happy Star Wars Day 2014!

AsburySkinsFan

LOL. We'll just leave out how long ago that was and how I remember standing in line 5 different times to see it in the theaters. I remember when they finally released it on VHS. I paid some extra penalties on that one since I watched it no less than 50 times within a couple of weeks. Remember our,(3 friends and I), mission on town pass during basic training was not to see all the touristy stuff in San Antonio,but to see Return of the Jedi,(along with Trading Places). I've lost count of how many probably hundreds of times I've watched the originals over the years along with number of times I watched the second 3. Pretty sure my old ass will parked in line for the next few too. :)

Can't bring myself to throw out my VHS Original Trilogy, even though I don't own a device capable of playing them any more. (And I'd be terrified of the cheap POS that they sell now, eating them).

Who knows. Maybe Disney will some day sell the originals on DVD.

I remember waiting in a huge line just to buy tickets to see The Empire Strikes Back at Springfield Mall. Then having to go back and wait in line to see the movie. All that,and lightening hit's a tree in the parking lot,(off to the left of the pic below),and knocks out the power right around the time the Millennium Falcon is taking off and escaping from the landing pad on Bespin.  :angry:  We did get a free ticket to see it again though. 

SpringfieldMall1978besb.jpg

As I said in the other thread Steam has a ton of Star Wars games on sale. I got the Jedi Knight pack and Battlefront 2 and spent at most 10 dollars on it. Good deal.

A lot of people point to Mario and other Nintendo games, but Dark Forces and Jedi Knight were THE games of my childhood. In fact, when I think of the Star Wars Saga, the video games and movies come to mind equally.

There's been some decent Star Wars games throughout the years. On the SNES, the was the Super Star Wars series. I think Super Empire Strikes Back was the best of the bunch; it even had a pretty decent Battle Of Hoth considering the technical limitations.

Shadows Of The Empire was a pretty big one for it's time. The on-foot probably doesn't hold up to time all that great, but it had some pretty great vehicle missions. Again, there was Battle Of Hoth in the snow-speeder, and there was the level on the swoop speeders, trying to navigate through Beggar's Canyon to get to Luke before the Swoop Gang got there. The attack on the skyhook was pretty cool. I also remember a debug mode allowed you to swap your Outrider for an X-wing or a TIE-Fighter.

The Rogue Squadron games were all great, though III could have done without the on-foot missions. RS II once again did the Battle Of Hoth, but also had some other really memorable battles such as the first death star's trench run, The Battle Over Endor (It's A Trap!) where you've got to take out some star destroyers, the second Death Star's attack on the core, and they added in some other battles than we never saw in the movies. RS: III added some forgettable on-foot missions, but also had some really great missions such as the speeder bike chase on Endor. You also play as the A-wing pilot that crashes into the Super Star Destroyer Executor. You can pilot an A-wing, B-wing, X-wing, Y-wing, The Millennium Falcon, TIE-Hunter, TIE-Bomber, Slave I, Jedi Starfighter, Snow Speeder, Speeder Bike, and i think Darth Vader's TIE. Also there was a cheat code to fly a Buick.

Those are all good classic Star Wars games, Poker, but to me the number one game so far has to be Knights of the Old Republic. It was a perfect blend of story, characters, and "party" (squad) based RPG.

I can't argue against it as I haven't played it. I think I saw it on Steam for under $4 for the weekend Star Wars sale. I'd probably have bought it if it were available for Linux. I've also heard good things about the X-Wing/TIE-Fighter series.

They don't make 'em like they used to, do they?

I can't argue against it as I haven't played it. I think I saw it on Steam for under $4 for the weekend Star Wars sale. I'd probably have bought it if it were available for Linux. I've also heard good things about the X-Wing/TIE-Fighter series.

They don't make 'em like they used to, do they?

Dude, you need to play it. Think a Star Wars themed precursor to the Mass Effect series.

Yeah, nothing like an old school LucasArts game.

Dude, you need to play it. Think a Star Wars themed precursor to the Mass Effect series.

Yeah, nothing like an old school LucasArts game.

I haven't played Mass Effect either. My brother just started playing it, though, it'll be interesting to hear his thoughts on it as he only recently started getting into story-driven games.

I'm a guy who has stuck pretty much to Nintendo consoles throughout the years. I got a PC at the end of last year, though, so when I have time I'm gonna try to start getting into some of the stuff I've missed. I should start a list of older games I need to play. Right now, though, I'm really looking forward to Star Citizen.

Dark Forces. Man That was and is one of my favorite games of all time,(considering how long I've played video games,that says a lot). Played the whole series a lot. X Wing was a blast but like many games of the time,a bit complicated without the cheat books at times. Loved it. 

Super Stars Wars, man that game was amazing. I spent so much time playing that as a kid.

I almost cried when I finally beat the sand crawler boss then screwed up the last few jumps across the sand pits and died, then had to restart with just a plasma pistol, no upgrades.

Also, I think the hardest boss was whatever that machine was at the end of Mos Eisley. I had Han Solo all over that bad boy sliding and shooting up at it.

It had a nice Death Star sequence at the end too flying around disabling the shield generators and then making the trench run.

I miss my SNES. Still my favorite system.

I can't argue against it as I haven't played it. I think I saw it on Steam for under $4 for the weekend Star Wars sale. I'd probably have bought it if it were available for Linux. I've also heard good things about the X-Wing/TIE-Fighter series.They don't make 'em like they used to, do they?

I absolutely LOVED the X-Wing and Tie Fighter series...I would get them again if I could.

Archived