Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official ES Offseason/Mini Camp tweets (whatnot & glutton free) - 6/17/14

DeSean hamstring scares the bejesus out of me.

Hamstring injury for a speed athlete is no joke.

For all you youngsters - Gary Clark ALWAYS had hamstring issues.  How many times did he run a crossing route, catch the ball, clutch his hamstring and then outrun everyone to the endzone?  DJax will be fine.  He just needs some TLC from the trainers heading into the season.

@john_keim: Redskins OTAs: Thoughts and observations: Some thoughts after watching the Redskins OTA practice Wed... http://t.co/cwknkG6k3z #Redskins

Did not see Bashaud Breeland grab as much as he had the first couple times I watched him. Breeland made an excellent play downfield against receiver Aldrick Robinson. My attention was focused elsewhere at the start of the play, but Breeland was right on Robinson’s hip down the middle and knocked away a deep ball from Kirk Cousins. A well-played ball that earned plenty of slaps on the back from teammates and praise from coaches.

Earlier, Robinson caught a ball over Breeland. However, secondary coach Raheem Morris was thrilled with Breeland’s coverage. His point: With a rush, the quarterback might not have had the time to make that throw. Morris loved how Breeland reacted to Robinson’s double move (kept his eyes on his work, as they like to say) in a cover zero call.

That also led to a funny exchange. While Morris shouted, “Hell of a job!” Robinson yelled back, “Don’t tell him that!”

Another time, a ball skidded off Robinson’s hands, leading Morris to yell, “That’s the Al we know!” Yes, Morris was kidding. Though they’re not goofing around, players and coaches are more relaxed.

Can someone post Reed Doughty's farwell? The link hasn't worked for me all day. 

Here ya go: 

Last week in the ‪#‎DMV‬. Headed to CO when the kids get out of school. Been a good 8 yr run with the @redskins. Want to thank the Redskins organization, especially HOF coach Joe Gibbs. He valued character, hardwork and special teams. He believed in me enough to take a chance on me and draft me. Thanks to my family, friends, coaches, teammates, fans, trainers, equipment managers, and all the people inside the redskins building who I have interacted with for 8 yrs. thanks to the people at @VSI_spinemd and @thevtfc for getting me healthy after I thought my career was over prematurely. Most of all I am thankful for the relationships I have built over the last 8 yrs. thanks to my church @cfcwired and our small group bible study. This group has encouraged me and my family, prayed for us, and have become lifelong friends. God never ceases to amaze me. I pray that my life will be a living testimony of his faithfulness, mercy, grace and love. Whether I continue on my NFL journey or transition into a new career, I am thankful. I have my best friend, my wife Katie Deters Doughty, to share life with and raise our boys together. God Bless! 

Here ya go: 

Last week in the ‪#‎DMV‬. Headed to CO when the kids get out of school. Been a good 8 yr run with the @redskins. Want to thank the Redskins organization, especially HOF coach Joe Gibbs. He valued character, hardwork and special teams. He believed in me enough to take a chance on me and draft me. Thanks to my family, friends, coaches, teammates, fans, trainers, equipment managers, and all the people inside the redskins building who I have interacted with for 8 yrs. thanks to the people at @VSI_spinemd and @thevtfc for getting me healthy after I thought my career was over prematurely. Most of all I am thankful for the relationships I have built over the last 8 yrs. thanks to my church @cfcwired and our small group bible study. This group has encouraged me and my family, prayed for us, and have become lifelong friends. God never ceases to amaze me. I pray that my life will be a living testimony of his faithfulness, mercy, grace and love. Whether I continue on my NFL journey or transition into a new career, I am thankful. I have my best friend, my wife Katie Deters Doughty, to share life with and raise our boys together. God Bless! 

Much appreciated

John Keim @john_keim 53m

#Redskins QB RG3 comfy with no drama offseason http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id

The drama, if there even is any with the Washington Redskins right now, doesn't surround one player. And that's fine with Robert Griffin III, who was the focal point of the past two offseasons. As a rookie, he entered as The Savior, ready to revive a struggling franchise. Last spring, it was about The Knee. Not to mention his relationship with coach Mike Shanahan.

This spring? Griffin is just a player.

"The storylines don't all need back to me and that's fine," Griffin said. "It's about, 'we.' It's time for us. We got a new coach. We have new additions. All the guys are here doing great things."

For Griffin, it's a chance to have a normal offseason, spending time learning a new offense and perfecting tweaks in his own game. On a number of occasions Griffin has focused on just building chemistry with teammates, something he did not feel he could do a year ago.

After having knee surgery in January of 2013, Griffin's goal was to return for the opener. Mission accomplished. However, he did so without the benefit of working on his game.

"You always understand the value of an offseason," he said. "That's where you build a foundation to get ready for the season, but when you don't have an offseason, you don't use it as an excuse. That was the message trying to be sent last year. You don't whine about it, you don't cry about it. Maybe it was taken the wrong way and people thought I didn't think I needed it. You always need it. But when you don't have the opportunity, you have to play the hand you're dealt and I did the best I could with that hand."

That hand led to 16 touchdown passes and 12 interceptions, a 3-13 record (though he was removed from the lineup with three games left, ostensibly to keep him healthy for the offseason). This offseason, Griffin also has to learn a new offense under coach Jay Gruden. But Griffin said there are enough similarities between Gruden's offense and the one he ran under Mike Shanahan to ease the transition.

"All the concepts translate over," Griffin said. "It's about the philosophy of the coach. Jay has a different philosophy. We'll find out what that is on Sundays."

What's funny is that there are probably a lot of people who wouldn't qualify this a quiet off-season for griifin, with the logo stuff, and a few other things.

Personally, I think it's fine, and at the very least there isn't a lot of drama.

Here's hoping that it all translates on the field on Sundays.

I hope that Gruden comes up with a nifty plan for the Texans, because they're going to have a tough defense, especially up-front. Would be good to get off to a good start

Dianna Marie Russini ‏@NBCdianna 1h

Yes he is tall. Matthew McConaughey at Redskins Park. I'm smitten.

Reminds me of 6 years ago when Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes were on the field, and walked past Kelli Johnson. She completely checked out of the broadcast, and was eyeing Cruise so much that if she did it any more her eyes would've popped out of her skull.

Reminds me of 6 years ago when Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes were on the field, and walked past Kelli Johnson. She completely checked out of the broadcast, and was eyeing Cruise so much that if she did it any more her eyes would've popped out of her skull.

Cruise is a Redskins fan? Hmm I wonder how many celeb fans we got, all I know is Dale E. Jr,  Kevin Durant, Matthew M, Tom Cruise..

I hope Robert embraces being the bad guy. There are always going to be haters

I dunno why he has to be the bad guy. Sure, there will be haters, however I think he just needs to take the high road.

I also think that he might have learned something from last off-season. He's using the word "we" more, "me" less, and he seems to be really getting along with the team.

I like what I see so far from him this off-season. And if he goes out and plays at the same level he did in 2012, the haters are going to have a difficult time finding things to hate on.

And btw, I actually think he'll be BETTER than he was in 2012. I really believe that. He's gotten 2 years of seeing NFL defenses, a new start, new coach, more trust, and he's having fun. And he's healthy.

The sky's the limit for him.

And btw, I actually think he'll be BETTER than he was in 2012. I really believe that. He's gotten 2 years of seeing NFL defenses, a new start, new coach, more trust, and he's having fun. And he's healthy.

The sky's the limit for him.

I agree here. I think he will be dominant in 2014.

Gruden alluded to Robert "always wanting to be liked" or something along those lines.

F all that. Just play ball and don't worry about what others think because the guy has been painted as polarizing by the media and will always be a lightning rod for criticism because of the narrative set in 2013

Archived