Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

KHOU.com: "Deputies: Dad fatally shoots teen boy daughter snuck into her bedroom"

CrypticVillain

Your obvious hatred of all things law enforcment comes through again. I give you points for consistency if nothing else.

I have no problem with law enforcement, as I've told you many times. I believe in holding them to a higher standard and that heroism is defined by sacrificing for others. You clearly favor making excuses and putting us at risk so that they can be safe. We disagree.

Larry, he is not an "unarmed child."

He is a 17 year old (almost an adult) stranger in that man's home who was hiding under his daughter's bed.

Wow. You're right.

Clearly, being almost an adult makes one non-child.

And hiding under the bed makes one armed.

Oh it's criminal. There's just no way to prove it. Dad and daughter will get lawyers. Lawyers will tell them to shut up. Then lawyers will get their stories straight. The victim will have done something that was a threat and, under the circumstances, the shoot will be justified.

The daughter will cry and explain she was scared and blah blah blah. Nothing will happen. She should be convicted of manslaughter because if she had told her dad the truth, that she was having sex with the boy, then there's no way he shoots him unless he wants to murder the kid. Which I seriously doubt, in this case.

So, in other words, if American men would just learn to not be so puritanical and draconian about their daughters having sex, this would have been avoided and everyone would have walked away with some embarrassment and a funny story to tell a few years from now.

Do you have a daughter?  

Wow. You're right.

Clearly, being almost an adult makes one non-child.

And hiding under the bed makes one armed.

Let's not go too far here. He could have made threatening remarks and then moved towards the guy. People do dumb things, especially teenagers with raging hormones. I think it's pretty unlikely, but it's reasonable to believe that could have happened, especially if the father and the daughter hav e the same stories.

Do you have a daughter?  

Does it matter? When I do, I'm certainly not going to shame her in to believing that it's better to  lie to me about it when I have a gun pointed at her partner.

Why should she be held to a different standard.

She shouldn't. Equal rights and all that.

She should be convicted of manslaughter because if she had told her dad the truth, that she was having sex with the boy, then there's no way he shoots him unless he wants to murder the kid. Which I seriously doubt, in this case.

Let's just say that

1). I suspect that a whole lot of people in this thread have pronounced me as The Loony Liberal.

2). And even I am nowhere near your position.

3). You and I have VASTLY different opinions of what constitutes manslaughter. Telling Daddy a fib isn't it.

Heck, I suspect Daddy MIGHT be technically guilty of it. And I'm not even sure that I would convict him of it.

I have no problem with law enforcement, as I've told you many times. I believe in holding them to a higher standard and that heroism is defined by sacrificing for others. You clearly favor making excuses and putting us at risk so that they can be safe. We disagree.

Sorry my friend, in this particular case I don't believe you...and that is fine.  You say one thing, but then you never fail to generalize law enforcement when the opportunity presents itself.  Sacrificing for others doesn't have to mean just one thing. 

You are at minimum incredibly distrusting of law enforcment a large...and that is also fine.  Blindly follow no man.  Question everything, but understand when you use quotation marks with regards to "hero" it's hard not to take that as a swipe at all that have ever died or killed another to help keep this society civilized from those who care nothing for it... or you and me.

Should she be? 

what if the shooter is the boy's mother, and then the grown woman argues with the mother and moves after being told not to despite being faced with a gun.

Edit: AND...the boy states he has no idea who the woman in his bedroom is.

Let's put it this way: 

Of the following people, which one deserves MORE responsibility than the others, for this death? 

1)  The boyfriend.

2)  The daughter.

3)  Her brother.

4)  Dad. 

1) The Boyfriend deserves it all. Its his own fault. We always try to mitigate things by sharing blame. No there is not shared blame. The boys actions got himself killed pure and simple. If you have to sneak somewhere, then that alone implies that you should not be there. the underage daughter cannot give permission for someone to be in the home, period. 

Now with that said, it is tragic that the kid was killed, however it was his own actions that brought it on. 

Let's not go too far here. He could have made threatening remarks and then moved towards the guy.

And Daddy might have shot him because, when Daughter attempted to frame him for rape, he called Daughter a ******.

Which is why I haven't attempted to make up things that might have happened, and instead have stuck to the fact that he was an unarmed child.

Facts which some people are trying so hard to justify killing, that they will even dispute those.

1) The Boyfriend deserves it all. Its his own fault. We always try to mitigate things by sharing blame. No there is not shared blame. The boys actions got himself killed pure and simple. If you have to sneak somewhere, then that alone implies that you should not be there. the underage daughter cannot give permission for someone to be in the home, period.

Now with that said, it is tragic that the kid was killed, however it was his own actions that brought it on.

Dang.

And here I thought the expression "my dad will kill me" was SUPPOSED to be a figure of speech.

Does it matter? When I do, I'm certainly not going to shame her in to believing that it's better to  lie to me about it when I have a gun pointed at her partner.

when/if you do, and when/if she reaches her teenage years....lets meet up and continue this aspect of the conversation. 

I'd be willing to bet the farm your attitudes will have changed.  Trust me

And Daddy might have shot him because, when Daughter attempted to frame him for rape, he called Daughter a ******.

Which is why I haven't attempted to make up things that might have happened, and instead have stuck to the fact that he was an unarmed child.

Facts which some people are trying so hard to justify killing, that they will even dispute those.

The burden is on those alleging that

That he is a child depends on how you use the term (14 and under legally speaking), even I am a child in the general sense.(softball for ya ;) )

should we instead go by height/weight?....or appearance?

So you know how the girl was raised?  You know the father shamed her into lying?  You have no idea how she was raised or how her father spoke with her/felt about premarital sex.  Nor do I for that matter.  Kids get scared, they lie to get out of trouble.  

He reacted to the situation where he was led to believe that a stranger had broke into his home and in his daughters bedroom about to try and do God knows what to his baby girl.  

I assume you're not a parent yet.  It's a full-time job, no pay and infinite overtime.  Even the best parents who try to raise their children the best way are not always successful, but it isn't for a lack of trying or pouring all their love and time into trying to get their kids to act right.  Some kids just don't let them through, it happens.  

to add a different aspect to the case

try he is wheelchair bound and crawled to the room to confront a intruder....does a different perspective matter?

Is a stranger more of a threat in that case?

So you know how the girl was raised?  You know the father shamed her into lying?  You have no idea how she was raised or how her father spoke with her/felt about premarital sex.  Nor do I for that matter.  Kids get scared, they lie to get out of trouble.  

He reacted to the situation where he was led to believe that a stranger had broke into his home and in his daughters bedroom about to try and do God knows what to his baby girl.  

I assume you're not a parent yet.  It's a full-time job, no pay and infinite overtime.  Even the best parents who try to raise their children the best way are not always successful, but it isn't for a lack of trying or pouring all their love and time into trying to get their kids to act right.  Some kids just don't let them through, it happens.  

Pretty obvious she was raised to believe that lying is an acceptable response to a question from her father.

Larry, an inescapable fact of this particular case, completely inescapable fact is that your "unarmed child" was in this man's house at 2am, in his daughter's bedroom, and his daughter stated "I don't know him."

because that "unarmed child" was in a place he should not have been, the burden is even more on those who share your opinion to PROVE that the father is lying, and you can't do that. 

Do you honestly think that the father wanted to kill that boy?  As far as he knows, he is the victim of a "burglary" and the person he is holding a gun to intended to harm him or his family...now that is the fault of his daughter, but it's still what he believed the situation to be at the time he pulled the trigger.  You can't prove otherwise.

Sorry man, just the way it is.

I don't believe the part about the boy making some sort of threatening move.  That sounds implausible to me, that a boy facing a man with a loaded gun pointed at him would make a threatening move.  It sounds more like a CYA statement after the fact to me.    

It's not rape when a grown woman have sex with a minor boy?

it is

However, if we are talking about a son not a daughter, and an older woman not a young man, odds are he does not shoot because he would probably think he would be able to subdue the woman without shooting her, but even in that exact circumstance...there are still events that could occur that would justify the father shooting the grown woman in his son's bedroom. 

Again, just the way it is.

I don't believe the part about the boy making some sort of threatening move.  That sounds implausible to me, that a boy facing a man with a loaded gun pointed at him would make a threatening move.  It sounds more like a CYA statement after the fact to me.    

perhaps...we don't know, and we we weren't there, but you can't prove that it did not happen either.

Again, sorry it is what it is.  The burden of proof is on the accuser(s) not the accused. 

Again, sorry it is what it is.  The burden of proof is on the accuser(s) not the accused. 

Except that the accuser is dead.  

I bemoan the increasingly trigger-happy society we live in.  Both among the criminals and the so-called good guys.  It seems to me that, in general, people are too quick to pull the trigger, so we end up with tragedies like this.

Archived